First Cooper Craft are byeing the Slater's 4mm wagon kits out right, and Slater's taking over the Cooper Craft 7mm wagon kits. This will happen at the end of July, with at the same time the Slater's 4mm coach kits will be run by Cooper Craft. Later on the lineside kits will also be taken over by Cooper Crafr as well.

Also Cooper Craft will be looking into bringing out some of the kits in 4mm that are only available in 7mm. There are 3 that I am concidering for starters.

First Cooper Craft are byeing the Slater's 4mm wagon kits out right, and Slater's taking over the Cooper Craft 7mm wagon kits. This will happen at the end of July, with at the same time the Slater's 4mm coach kits will be run by Cooper Craft. Later on the lineside kits will also be taken over by Cooper Crafr as well.

Also Cooper Craft will be looking into bringing out some of the kits in 4mm that are only available in 7mm. There are 3 that I am concidering for starters.

Will this buy out include the etchings which go with the wagons for modelling certain variations?

Good luck with the handover.

Most of the Slaters 7mm wagons are already available in 4mm, either in the Slaters range or from other suppliers, but a couple that stand out to me that aren't (at least as plastic kits) and might be popular are the LMS cattle wagon and the 14t PO tank wagon - the latter in particular would plug a significant gap.

Mike

The other two I had thought of are the MR 6w brake van and the MR 5 plank side and end door wagon. Another new kit what I will be looking into doing which has not been part of the Slater's range is the MR 10T 6 plank open, yes only 1000 were built for the MR, but another 80 were built for the S&DJR as well. This will only need one moulding tool as the floor underframe etc will be the same as the MR 8T wagons. Dose the 6w MR milk van carry the same underframe as the 6w claytons if so this will make it less costly to bring out.

• 2 weeks later...

The other two I had thought of are the MR 6w brake van and the MR 5 plank side and end door wagon. Another new kit what I will be looking into doing which has not been part of the Slater's range is the MR 10T 6 plank open, yes only 1000 were built for the MR, but another 80 were built for the S&DJR as well. This will only need one moulding tool as the floor underframe etc will be the same as the MR 8T wagons. Dose the 6w MR milk van carry the same underframe as the 6w claytons if so this will make it less costly to bring out.

Any of those would be very welcome.

Glad to hear that the 4mm range will be continuing under your ownership, and even better that you're looking to expand it. I've always liked the Slaters kits, the Midland coke wagon was one of my first successful kitbuilds when I was a kid, and I've done all of the MR ones- most of them in multiples- over the years

How about the LNER/BR 20 ton Brake Van, LMS/BR 20 Ton Goods Brake Van & MR 6 Wheel 20 ton Brake Van [which you have already mentioned.]

You would have a lot of 4mm wagon builders drooling big time - yes some of us prefer building kits if we can, especially if they can be tweaked as you go along.

No point in that, the Bachmann one is spot on for prototype and fitting to the Dave Bradwell sprung underframe, which is the only real improvement you can make.

I know Craig but I cannae help being a masochist about these things :lol:

It would be nice to have the choice - carving up a kit as you go is less of an effort as opposed to carving up a Bachmann.

That would be especially so if one is modelling a bashed up one.

I know Craig but I cannae help being a masochist about these things :lol:

It would be nice to have the choice - carving up a kit as you go is less of an effort as opposed to carving up a Bachmann.

That would be especially so if one is modelling a bashed up one.

Hardly carving, you take the top off and glue it on the Bradwell..Handrails are separate so you just replace them with brass (I say just, really must 'just' do that bit after months! :lol: ). In my case I sold the Bachmann underframes for £4 each too..

There is a lot of stuff to spend time doing well, like levers and guards. A superb plastic body isn't one of the things worth replacing imho.

I'll be doing the LMS van sometime, I actually got a builders plate off a Wolverton 1944 built one through the post the other day (p+p being twice as much as the plate of course!). Again, it'd have to be brass to really offer an improvement over the Airfix RTR item. There is the reverse one to do for a little variety of course..

14T RCH Post 1937 tank kit is available from Peco, despite its age it's very good.

Like fine wine it seems to appreciate with age that one, costs quite a bit now!

Does the 6w MR milk van carry the same underframe as the 6w claytons if so this will make it less costly to bring out.

AFAIK some were rebuilds on secondhand underframes so that should make life a bit easier. The six-wheel GBV would go very nicely with the Bachmann 3Frolleyes.gif

Richard

• RMweb Premium

How about some GWR Syphons?

No mention has been made about additional coaches - How about increasing the Toplight range? - Maybe future-proof them though, by going for something a little more quirky - full brakes / restaurants, just in case Hornby / Bachmman do decide to produce Toplight stock.

Or of course some Autocoaches.

All this is exciting news. For me, the 7mm 6w slatted fish van in 4m would be great and there are two different body styles as well. That lovely clemison chassis under the 4mm coaches is a nice piece of work for so many vehicles, so I hope that will become available as a spare. I must get round to putting one under one of Roger's LMS fish vans which keep seeming to acquire more of.

If the 4mm 6w Clerestory full brake is to be produced again and an arc roof equivalent I'd be in 7th heaven. I'm just finsihing one of the Claytons I picked up on ebay, and apart from the awkward roof its been highly enjoyable to build and runs very swetly round the clubs test circuits. 6w goods brakes would be welcome as well as indeed would any Midland wagons. The 6w milk tanks would be welcomed in 4mm as well I am sure. I know my father would like the bulk alumina wagons for his Scottish layout.

Givn that you supply compeonents for the Kirk coaches, as an aside, if the bigger 43' and 45' MR coaches were done in 4mm, is there any chance the sides would be offered for spares as they open up a lot of kit bashing and scratchbuilding opportunities. The 6w coach underframe also has a host of possibilities for those willing to scratchbuild bodies for Motor Car vans, open carriage trucks, etc. I will be watching for further announcements with great interest.

Keep up the good work.

How about some GWR Syphons?

No mention has been made about additional coaches - How about increasing the Toplight range? - Maybe future-proof them though, by going for something a little more quirky - full brakes / restaurants, just in case Hornby / Bachmman do decide to produce Toplight stock.

Or of course some Autocoaches.

Which Syphons do you want. I am hoping to get the O4 out for starters, and in the Toplights list there is one that 'sliped' your memory, the dia F15 the double slip coach, one of the ones that Slater's had pland to bring out but never did. Also I will be looking into K14-16 40' brakes as well.

All this is exciting news. For me, the 7mm 6w slatted fish van in 4m would be great and there are two different body styles as well. That lovely clemison chassis under the 4mm coaches is a nice piece of work for so many vehicles, so I hope that will become available as a spare. I must get round to putting one under one of Roger's LMS fish vans which keep seeming to acquire more of.

If the 4mm 6w Clerestory full brake is to be produced again and an arc roof equivalent I'd be in 7th heaven. I'm just finsihing one of the Claytons I picked up on ebay, and apart from the awkward roof its been highly enjoyable to build and runs very swetly round the clubs test circuits. 6w goods brakes would be welcome as well as indeed would any Midland wagons. The 6w milk tanks would be welcomed in 4mm as well I am sure. I know my father would like the bulk alumina wagons for his Scottish layout.

Givn that you supply compeonents for the Kirk coaches, as an aside, if the bigger 43' and 45' MR coaches were done in 4mm, is there any chance the sides would be offered for spares as they open up a lot of kit bashing and scratchbuilding opportunities. The 6w coach underframe also has a host of possibilities for those willing to scratchbuild bodies for Motor Car vans, open carriage trucks, etc. I will be watching for further announcements with great interest.

Keep up the good work.

Once I have got everthing strait, I will be offering all the coach parts as spairs as well. The moulding tools for the 6w Clerestory full brake are still about, but has been withdrawn as the beeding on the sides are too deep, so are not up to the standered of the rest. Both the MR 6w brake and the 6w milk are slow sellers in 7mm, so I will have to see if I take a gamble to bring them out in 4mm as well.

Archived