N GAUGE SOCIETY NEWS

scottystitch

• RMweb Gold
On 08/06/2023 at 12:47, Steven B said:

The trouble is with RTR bogies is that they look nothing like the prototype once you're removed the body sitting on them:

West Hill do a OO Gauge Y25 which for a cosmetic item looks so much better than what actually runs under a model wagon.

Steven B. 

BH Enterprises list the ex TPM Commonwealth bogie, but would imagine similar to a Farish rtr one

TPCOMM Ex Taylor Plastics Commonwealth Bogie Mouldings £3.50’

Bh Enterprises Price List

Edited by Stuart A
spelling

Could I just apologise to whoever runs the online shop. I thought the postage would be added to the cost after I had ticked the box but it didn’t resulting in an incorrect payment. Sorry it was my first online purchase and I didn’t realise I had to buy the postage separately. I promise to do better next time. 

Also, just wondering how the refund of the cost of one when you buy 5 works?

• RMweb Premium
10 hours ago, Stuart A said:

BH Enterprises list the ex TPM Commonwealth bogie, but would imagine similar to a Farish trt one

TPCOMM Ex Taylor Plastics Commonwealth Bogie Mouldings £3.50’

Bh Enterprises Price List

All the same problem though. You need dedicated cosmetic bogies, as none of the model ones look anything like a real bogie when not under a wagon. Some OO gauge ones are getting better, but still tend to have a lot of material that isn’t actually there. 

• RMweb Premium

Yes of course it could be done, my point was just that listing bogies designed as functional items are unlikely to cut it. I’m not aware of any realistic, cosmetic bogies in N.  

• RMweb Premium

The running issue has been discussed at length over on the N Gauge Society Forum,  It seems that the brake rigging moulding which was fine on the EP samples was made thicker by the factory for the production versions which gives the dragging brake effect.  A little adjustment with a fine scalpel sorts it out though.

A minor issue on an otherwise excellent model.

• Thanks 2

• RMweb Premium

My undecorated one is coming along nicely:

20230625_123010.jpg.ba91aa9b4d84c5dc88a954c720a3352a.jpg

The double arrow is a tad too large and I may have to get creative with the Railtec Transfers sheet for the rest but so far, I am happy with it. 

• Like 6