10:00am - 5:00pm Sat

10:00am - 4:00pm Sun

10:00am - 5:00pm Sat Hoyland Leisure Centre

10:00am - 4:00pm Sun

S74 9HX

Hoyland Leisure Centre

S74 9HX

£7 adults-free admission for accompanied LAND under 16's

You'll get £1 off entry when you produce this flyer on 'entry!

what3words///coherent.places.smooth

So keep a look out for the flyers

Look out for more information in the coming months on attending layouts ,trade and demonstrations.

5ACF0CE3-A21E-4292-9785-486A0F3E8850.jpeg

• Like 2

• 6 months later...
On 26/04/2023 at 20:27, Bri.dolan said:

So keep a look out for the flyers

Look out for more information in the coming months on attending layouts ,trade and demonstrations.

5ACF0CE3-A21E-4292-9785-486A0F3E8850.jpeg

Any update on this show? 

47 minutes ago, RANGERS said:

Any update on this show? 

I’m a member of the club and can confirm that everything is progressing.

Though I’m not on the exhibition committee I may be able to help if there are any questions.

Hopefully I can add an update  after next week’s meeting.

I can confirm that Micheal Edges ‘Wentworth Junction’ is scheduled to appear.

Robert

14 hours ago, Erichill16 said:

I’m a member of the club and can confirm that everything is progressing.

Though I’m not on the exhibition committee I may be able to help if there are any questions.

Hopefully I can add an update  after next week’s meeting.

I can confirm that Micheal Edges ‘Wentworth Junction’ is scheduled to appear.

Robert

Thanks, I'm passing through so planning to visit, good to have confirmation everything is going to plan, best of luck with it.

8 hours ago, sawyermodels said:

We got confirmation of everything being on schedule earlier this week as we are attending with our trade stand and are looking forward to it. 

First time I believe and hopefully  you’ll have a pleasant and profitable weekend!

• Thanks 1

Ok then, layouts booked to appear:-

Dunsfold Rd. OO

Wentworth Junction. OO

Lockden 009

Old Market OO

Shirebrook N

Yorkshire Coast Electric Tramway OO (with moving road vehicles)

Arcadia Pennsylvania O

Kamiack Falls HO

Cherry Tree Halt 009

Shunting Puzzle OO

NARTM Display of model road vehicles with an emphasis on Barnsley 

I think that’s a good selection with some well known ones in there so hopefully we’ll see you there!

• Like 4

• RMweb Premium

We had a quick operator update on Wentworth Junction last week. Lots of additional scenery and structural work has/is taking place and some minor electrical changes to the fiddle yard control panel speeded up the operation.

Looking forward to the show.

Baz

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Erichill16 said:

Here’s a video featuring Barnsley MRC Yorkshire Coast Electric Tramway.

If you haven’t seeing it yet you might be better coming this weekend as I’m not sure if we’ll be exhibiting again.

Please don't say that. It's a layout I'd like at the Leigh Exhibition in the future (I'm Exhibition Manager for Leigh). 

19 minutes ago, sawyermodels said:

Please don't say that. It's a layout I'd like at the Leigh Exhibition in the future (I'm Exhibition Manager for Leigh). 

You’d better speak nicely to Steve Watson as he’s the man ‘behind’ the layout, both literally and metaphorically speaking! ( and he’s into his 80’s but better not mention that!)

The layout is very labour intensive, the catenary wires need soldering across the baseboard joints and the vehicles need servicing regularly as the tyres become brittle and loose their grip. 

Edited by Erichill16
Add something
  • Informative/Useful 1

3 minutes ago, Erichill16 said:

You’d better speak nicely to Steve Watson as he’s the man ‘behind’ the layout, both literally and metaphorically speaking!

The layout is very labour intensive, the catenary wires need soldering across the baseboard joints and the vehicles need servicing regularly as the tyres become brittle and loose their grip. 

I shall try and speak to him this weekend, it just depends how busy we are on the trade stand 🙂🙂🙂

• Like 1

2 hours ago, eastwestdivide said:

Is there any food available on site ? Or should I bring a hamper in a huge rucksack!

We are not allowed to provide food ourselves anymore but the centre does have its own small cafe on site.They obviously do teas coffees buns/cakes etc and I believe they are having sandwiches as well.

You still need the big rucksack as there are plenty of quality traders there!

Robert

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

Looking forward to visiting this show with my best mate, who I messaged a week ago about it and has been “scratching the itch” all week in anticipation!

Brought over some of my OO stuff for him to take a look at and his mind has been blown at what is now available (like me, a child of the 70s with his experience of OO finishing with the advent of Mainline and Lima!)

Steve S

Edited by SteveyDee68
  • Round of applause 1

2 hours ago, SteveyDee68 said:

Looking forward to visiting this show with my best mate, who I messaged a week ago about it and has been “scratching the itch” all week in anticipation!

Brought over some of my OO stuff for him to take a look at and his mind has been blown at what is now available (like me, a child of the 70s with his experience of OO finishing with the advent of Mainline and Lima!)

Steve S

Hope you enjoy youselves!

• Like 2

Great show, not overly busy* so was easily able to have a good chat with layout operators, trade suppliers and demonstrators alike. We were both particularly taken aback by Shirebrook - neither of us are really interested in N gauge, but that layout seriously swayed us both! Great scenics, fantastic near faultless running and a real sense of ‘standing by the trackside” 👍

The Yorkshire Coast Electric Tramway was enjoyable to watch and fascinating - the interaction between trams and road vehicles was clever, and the whole thing rather spectacular to see. Very glad to have seen it before it is retired, and only sorry my late father never got to see it - as a lifelong tram enthusiast, he would have absolutely loved it especially with the power to the trams being via the overhead wires.

My mate used to teach at the secondary school associated with the leisure centre; he said the centre had improved since when he had last visited with a nice cafe and much nicer toilet facilities than before! (Not to mention that the school itself has now been demolished and re-sited on the other side of the centre!) Hoping to pay a return visit to next year’s exhibition.

Steve S

* Hopefully enough patrons to make it worthwhile for the traders to attend - there were plenty of them, too, with some bargains to be had!

• Thanks 1