Carlisle, Garsdale and Hest Bank in EM gauge

Michael Edge

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, Michael Edge said:

The owner isn't as tall as me but he prefers the eye level view - we have however had to get some benches made for others to stand on.

I will he lòoking over mine in a chair as it has to go under a window.

• 3 months later...
  • RMweb Premium
10 hours ago, Michael Edge said:

When I drew the pointwork out to scale Tony quite correctly pointed out that the crossing angles were too flat for fixed diamonds in EM but this time (I wasn't involved with the earlier stuff) I simply asked him to adjust the angles and lengths to bring it with the range for fixed.

What were the before-and-after angles, Mike?

• RMweb Premium

I am sure that Carlisle needs one of these..

20231021_140742.jpg.806b92ea93e04d3952627c74da3dddcc.jpg

Suitably regauged with an etched chassis overlay and a working pony truck..

Baz

Edited by Barry O
  • Like 4

• RMweb Premium
3 hours ago, Michael Edge said:

My original Templot drawing had 1:7 crossings, between two B7 turnouts - I haven't seen Tony's altered plan. They do work perfectly though.

Looking again that might be the altered setting, I'll check with Tony.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium
9 hours ago, Michael Edge said:

My original Templot drawing had 1:7 crossings, between two B7 turnouts - I haven't seen Tony's altered plan. They do work perfectly though.

6 hours ago, Michael Edge said:

Looking again that might be the altered setting, I'll check with Tony.

Thanks Mike. I suspect the latter - 1:7 fixed crossings shouldn't give problems.

Edited by St Enodoc

• RMweb Premium
5 hours ago, Michael Edge said:

IMG_2372.jpg.9e167b8557f6f56c8dfb9b28a15d9b6e.jpg

It's so thick it was self supporting at the narrower end so I didn't have to move any of the control panels, they are all still easily visible underneath - one did have to be undone, threaded back through its hole and fixed lower down.

I like the key tags.

• RMweb Premium
14 hours ago, St Enodoc said:

I like the key tags.

This was the only way I could think of to keep track of about 200 locos on the layout, especially as they are often too far way (and the lighting isn't very good) to read the numbers - and some earlier "weathering" has obscured the cabside numbers completely. The only thing you have to remember is to take the tag with you when you move a loco from one location to another. They are also colour coded, red for express passenger, blue for mixed traffic, green for diesels and yellow for local passenger and DMUs.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 4

• 1 month later...
  • RMweb Premium

Steve delivered all the signals for Hest Bank to me at the Manchester show, very securely packed as usual.

IMG_2462.jpg.a8d04af9653a836f8659247925311943.jpg

I have to fit the down home (3 aspect colour light) to the gantry but otherwise all ready to transport to the layout next year.

Left to right: bay starter, up home, up splitting starter, down home gantry and goods starter. The down starter will be another 3 aspect c/l fitted to the footbridge at the end of the platforms.

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1