The next Accurascale steam loco in OO ???

On 11/08/2023 at 18:35, RHF9019 said:

For me a LNER J6. Fills a large gap in the rtr market and with careful design can be used for other GNR based 0-6-0 engines.

I support RHF9019 nomination for a J6. Most of the pre-grouping railways have an 0-6-0 modelled. The J6 were used all over GNR network from London to Manchester, Halifax, Leeds across to Lincolnshire and into  East Anglia via the M&GN. They worked a variety of services freight and passenger trains and had a long life span. They were a classic British 0-6-0 with a very clean balanced appearance. There were a few variations and liveries. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

• RMweb Premium
11 hours ago, daltonparva said:

I spoke to an Accurascale chappie at an exhibition (Donny or York I think) and asked if they planned on producing anything with LMS written on it. He said the only thing they might think about was the little Kitson shunter. Make of that what you will.

What I make of it is that you were speaking to an Accurascale chappie 😁

13 hours ago, The Johnster said:

OT for a topic for the next steam model, but another industrial gap is a jackshaft-drive 1950s diesel mechanical 0-4-0.

Good call.

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold
12 hours ago, nightstar.train said:

I'd forgotten the Hatton's Andrew Barclay. That makes 6 industrials, plus I'd probably also count the DJ Models (now EFE)  J94 as that was produced in mostly industrial liveries. 

• Hornby W4 Peckett
  • Hornby B2 Peckett
  • Rapido Hunslet
  • Rapido Manning Wardle
  • Dapol Hawthorn Leslie
  • Hattons Andrew Barclay
  • DJ Models/EFE Rail J94

I'd certainly be up for a model of the Lambton tank. I had haulage behind it two weekends ago, lovely engine. 

And the PI  Victory…

• Agree 2

• RMweb Gold
13 hours ago, daltonparva said:

I spoke to an Accurascale chappie at an exhibition (Donny or York I think) and asked if they planned on producing anything with LMS written on it. He said the only thing they might think about was the little Kitson shunter. Make of that what you will.

Oh, oh..... Yes, Kitson - very nice - but what about a Deeley dock tank? Just remembered these - got about a bit and combine the merits of cute little steam loco with lots of gesticulating valve gear...

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

15 hours ago, The Johnster said:

OT for a topic for the next steam model, but another industrial gap is a jackshaft-drive 1950s diesel mechanical 0-4-0.  These were very popular in smaller steelworks, cement works. quarries and similar situations.

Well yes.  I can think of several that I would be buying from Accurascale. 

Top of the list would be the LMS designed 350hp "jackshafts" delivered between May 1939 and June 1942 - 7080-7119. These became British Railways 12003-12032. With the exception of 12030 all survived until 1967 with 12011, 12022 and 12028 being finally withdran in 1968. 

The next on my list of guaranteed purchases from Accurascale would be a Fowler 150hp centre cab 0-4-0.  Bult for a number of Royal Ordnance Factories including ROF 15 for me, but also for general industry, several were supplied to British Railways.  One was based in the Severn Valley Railway in the line's early years, becoming it's very first diesel locomotive. Here is it's history - www.svrwiki.com/John_Fowler_150hp_Diesel_Shunter_No_17_Highflyer

Third on my list would be this tiny beast

Railways in Worcestershire (miac.org.uk)

Already availably RTR in 7mm scale it would be a challenge in OO hence why I would prefer RTR

• Moderators
2 hours ago, Flying Pig said:

What I make of it is that you were speaking to an Accurascale chappie 😁

Can we though? I don't believe Accurascale have attended either show in an official capacity. ;)

• Funny 2

58 minutes ago, AY Mod said:

Can we though? I don't believe Accurascale have attended either show in an official capacity. ;)

Phew! I saw Andy had commented and thought he was going to put an end to our fun. What about a 2-6-4T with NCC written on it instead of LMS? A bit difficult to do a con rod wihout a kink in it like Bachy’s Atlantic.

• RMweb Gold
5 hours ago, Covkid said:

Well yes.  I can think of several that I would be buying from Accurascale. 

Top of the list would be the LMS designed 350hp "jackshafts" delivered between May 1939 and June 1942 - 7080-7119. These became British Railways 12003-12032. With the exception of 12030 all survived until 1967 with 12011, 12022 and 12028 being finally withdran in 1968. 

The next on my list of guaranteed purchases from Accurascale would be a Fowler 150hp centre cab 0-4-0.  Bult for a number of Royal Ordnance Factories including ROF 15 for me, but also for general industry, several were supplied to British Railways.  One was based in the Severn Valley Railway in the line's early years, becoming it's very first diesel locomotive. Here is it's history - www.svrwiki.com/John_Fowler_150hp_Diesel_Shunter_No_17_Highflyer

Third on my list would be this tiny beast

Railways in Worcestershire (miac.org.uk)

Already availably RTR in 7mm scale it would be a challenge in OO hence why I would prefer RTR

These are all excellent suggestions, but I hope you will not think me too pedantic when I point out that they probably belong in the thread about the next Accurascale diesel model... 🙂

• Round of applause 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
On 12/09/2023 at 21:06, phil-b259 said:

Re-tooling what is an otherwise good loco just for a better drawbar is not a sensible suggestion or a wise use of manufacturing slots.

Re-tooling so as to allow the fitting of sound would be a better angle to go down - but as with the person who was desperate to have the Stand 4MT re-tooled it has to be said that the Q1 body is in fact a very good rendition of the real thing and still stands up well even a couple of decades after it was first produced.

Hi, I have since found out that there was a Q1 release in 2018, apparently an upgrade. I can't see the difference from such available photos, although it is stated that it is dcc ready (8 pin) and it appears to have a wired loco to tender connection. Anybody confirm this?

• Agree 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Fran,

Any chance of Accurascale tooling an LBSCR K class? There is an enormous gap in the market for SR /BR(S) fans there, and they are currently only available as brass kits of dubious quality/accuracy. I was hoping Rails of Sheffield would announce one now their D1 is here, but you could pip them to the post!

Best regards,

James. 

Capture5.jpg

• Like 11

• RMweb Premium
4 minutes ago, dis80786 said:

Hi Fran,

Any chance of Accurascale tooling an LBSCR K class? There is an enormous gap in the market for SR /BR(S) fans there, and they are currently only available as brass kits of dubious quality/accuracy. I was hoping Rails of Sheffield would announce one now their D1 is here, but you could pip them to the post!

Best regards,

James. 

Capture5.jpg

4 minutes ago, dis80786 said:

Hi Fran,

Best regards,

James. 

Capture5.jpg

Ooooof. Now that is something I could support despite it's distance from 72A.

P

• Agree 5

I’ve just been watching this. The newly restored LSWR T3 has been sugested to another outfit. It might be that Accurascale decided on its next six steam locos before becoming aware of EFE’s coaches but a T3 would be a spiffing choice. After the K4 and U of course.

• Like 4
  • Agree 1
  • Round of applause 1

• RMweb Gold
On 16/09/2023 at 16:01, Francis deWeck said:

Hi, I have since found out that there was a Q1 release in 2018, apparently an upgrade. I can't see the difference from such available photos, although it is stated that it is dcc ready (8 pin) and it appears to have a wired loco to tender connection. Anybody confirm this?

I can confirm that. 33001 a Rails special release.It has a wired plug connection.That is the sole difference.

• RMweb Gold
On 16/09/2023 at 16:01, Francis deWeck said:

The last release of the Q1 basically moved the decoder to the tender and switched to the Hornby standard 4 pin plug and drawbar tender connection..

Believe there was 4 versions, the Rails special of 33001 in BR Late, the stanard release of 33032 in same livery, Locomotion special of C1 in SR Livery with standard release of C24 in SR Livery.