The next Accurascale steam loco in OO ???

So the first Accurascale steam loco design the Manor is here in the UK and being delivered to the customers.  The second steam loco the "Buckjumper" is in development, possibly even tooling, which clears the decks for the next beauty.  Is the announcement just around the corner ? Will Accuracale be bold and choose a prototype with lots of bling and names and stuff, or will it be British Railway black with early and late crests, and thats yer lot ?

My preference would be the latter with the LMS class 3 2-6-2 tanks from Fowler and Stanier, but are they too mundane and samey ?   

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, McC said:

the next Steam powered model is in tooling and the one after that is almost out of the CAD room

And then, of course, there are the steam projects with completed research packs that are in the queue to go into CAD....😉

Busy times! 

• Like 14
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1
  • Round of applause 4

• RMweb Gold

It's got to be an English Electric Class 40.  I saw them making steam on many occasions.  😉

Steve

Edited by 55020
  • Like 5
  • Funny 11

DEPENDING on prototype difference and mould considerations, I would have thought that the Maunsell N-class would be suitable as the Irish Great Southern Railways Classes 372 and 393 were variations  -  that would seem to be a "win-win" situation for SECR/Southern railway AND Irish railway fans.    

I would prefer a LBSC K-class 2-6-0, but there were many more N-class, and the Irish connection MIGHT sway Accurascale/Murphy models.

• Like 3
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, micklner said:

A very obvious choice the missing ER pacific. 5 Locos and  two diferrent Tenders and one using a Gresley Boiler rebuilt as well !!.

https://www.lner.info/locos/A/a2.php

image.png.0431d564192a6c5b2c50f88f50374c37.png

As a descendant of NER an employee along with being related to quite a few others one of those would definitely appeal to me as 'something a bit different.  So that suggests there might be a market for at least two - so alas not exactly a commercial proposition.

On the other hand I am also a direct descendant of a GWR employee whose service dated back to broad gauge days so I also have considerable (well known I suspect) sympathies in that direction.  And a top notch 'Saint' would undoubtedly sell far, far, better than an NER pacoiic. 

Edited by The Stationmaster
  • Like 7
  • Agree 3

• RMweb Premium
3 hours ago, McC said:

The Manor is shipping the Buckjumper is in final EP review (pictures etc shortly) and the next Steam powered model is in tooling and the one after that is almost out of the CAD room ;) 

You all seem canny and get on with each other,i had no thought any CAD,s worked for you let alone had there own room,makes sence though........:)

• Funny 1

7 hours ago, Covkid said:

My preference would be the latter with the LMS class 3 2-6-2 tanks from Fowler and Stanier, but are they too mundane and samey ?   

Absolutely agree that these would be superb, and very useful. However, for the real 'cute' factor I will sacrifice these on the altar of the GER/LNER/BR E4 2.4.0. It will look so good alongside the already ordered J67-9, and there is an example to scan, and it can be finished in blue, which as anyone who has worked at Hornby knows, is guaranteed to triple sales!!!

Cheers from Oz,

Peter C.

• Like 2
  • Agree 5

2 hours ago, micklner said:

A very obvious choice the missing ER pacific. 5 Locos and  two diferrent Tenders and one using a Gresley Boiler rebuilt as well !!.

https://www.lner.info/locos/A/a2.php

image.png.0431d564192a6c5b2c50f88f50374c37.png

I’d like one. The one with the Gresley boiler would require another body tool, which, we are led to believe, is the expensive part of tooling. I doubt that it would be viable for a one off. The pic (thank you for posting it) shows it with outside bearings for the trailing wheels. They were originally constructed with inside bearings but these were soon changed because of heat from the fire. However, from a modelling point of view, I dare say the inside bearings would sidestep the vexed question of unflanged trailing wheels. 🤔

• Like 2

4 hours ago, McC said:

The Manor is shipping the Buckjumper is in final EP review (pictures etc shortly) and the next Steam powered model is in tooling and the one after that is almost out of the CAD room ;) 

I think it will be great ...

1st Great Western,

2nd Great Eastern,

3rd Great Northern....

4th Great Southern (of Ireland) !

Or will it be the electrically heated steam loco yet to be announced by Great British Railways

4 hours ago, McC said:

Wow! Something that will finally compete with Hornby's Live Steam after all these years.....😀

Edited by JSpencer
  • Funny 5

52 minutes ago, jamieb said:

Can I have one of these please to go with the Chaldrons.

Sherburn Collieries (Durham) - 0-6-0 steam locomotive Nr. 2 (Hudswell Clarke 72 / 1866)

Failing that,how about a Midland 2F, the one with the round top firebox, not the deformed Belpaire version!

A warts n’ all approach with the 2F which includes the Belpaire boilered examples. I’m torn between those and the Kirtley 700s.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Captain Kernow said:

As for the next steam loco, I don't think I have to mention the word beginning with 'P' for Accurascale to get the hint...!

Could you be more Pacific 🤣

The P2 has just been done, as has the APT-P, would a P1 do?

Or are you simply being polite and saying please for some Paneer.

Edited by woodenhead
  • Funny 6