I too have just seen this thread now it in the dcc section!

There is an existing 0 gauge layout on the exhibition circuit which uses a radio controlled lorry to trundle around a freight yard - including reversing  and 3 point turns. But cannot recall its name.

An earlier respondant mentioned servos intended for aircraft: and available in pairs are some small linear servos - I have been buying them to use for signals ( matching the hole size ) or for opening doors on coaches (having got some Roco opening-door coaches but without their control board fitted)

2 x 1.5 g Servo Micro Digital Analog Servo Loading Linear Servo Goteck GS-1502

They did eventually- thank you very much Simon - it would appear that the signal is negative...

However, I found (wired this way) that when switched off, the leds ghosted, as they were fed directly from the battery, aside from the signal,bwhich was of course switched (the on off switch was on the unit, not the trailer) so I ended up fitting a main on off switch on the trailer, together with a charging socket there as well...

However, we've one!

• RMweb Gold
I see you've got your hgv license :) nice control for reversing.

There is an existing 0 gauge layout on the exhibition circuit which uses a radio controlled lorry to trundle around a freight yard - including reversing and 3 point turns. But cannot recall its name.

End of the Line, also originally built by Giles ;) Edited by PaulRhB
  • Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Outstanding work Giles, but ironic that the trains still have to be controlled via the railway track.

Chris

There is a system that uses DCC and an infra red zapper like a TV remote control. Not suitable for road vehicles however as it has no facility for steering being designed for model railways.

There is a system that uses DCC and an infra red zapper like a TV remote control. Not suitable for road vehicles however as it has no facility for steering being designed for model railways.

I'm investigating the Tam Valley Depot system, which enables trackless control of DCC including sound. The main problem is the unavailability of suitable batteries that are small, easy to handle and don't threaten to incinerate my house.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

There is an existing 0 gauge layout on the exhibition circuit which uses a radio controlled lorry to trundle around a freight yard - including reversing and 3 point turns. But cannot recall its name.

Frecclesham?

Regards

Dan

I'm having problems with the transmitter for the crane. Andy from Micron was going to develop a four - stick one for me, but he's run into difficulties with it and doesn't have time, so it's over to me.

I've just tried fitting thumb joysticks but they don't work, as they don't have 'trim', and they're all over the place....

Di's home got to go....

• RMweb Gold

Especially a single-axle trailer, as well.

I like the pause before backing up; nicely simulates the driver wrestling to get the damn thing into reverse gear :lol: :D ;)

I never had a problem getting a TK into reverse, but it's big 4x4 sister the MK was a nightmare dropping from 3rd to 2nd gear.  Never mind double declutching, quadruple declutching and a lot of wiggling seemed to be the easiest way!

I never had a problem getting a TK into reverse, but it's big 4x4 sister the MK was a nightmare dropping from 3rd to 2nd gear.  Never mind double declutching, quadruple declutching and a lot of wiggling seemed to be the easiest way!

And made so much easier when wearing Boots DMS and puttees or  their successor the Boot Combat High.

I'm having problems with the transmitter for the crane. Andy from Micron was going to develop a four - stick one for me, but he's run into difficulties with it and doesn't have time, so it's over to me.

I've just tried fitting thumb joysticks but they don't work, as they don't have 'trim', and they're all over the place....

Di's home got to go....

Do you mean "all over the place" that centre stick isnt centre of the control range or something more?

One option is to build the circuit with a trim pot in series on the instead of a fixed value, but the tx2s also have a soft trim option.

However I also have had problems with thumb joysticks that turned out to be poor quality. The "centre" was poorly defined and could wobble, without a clean consistent position and therefore resistance value. Also sometimes the pots would have high resistance spots so the travel wouldnt give smooth control. I tried several sources before I found good ones. I think the best eBay ones were sold as "genuine sony PlayStation"spares.