Receiver servo and motor connected with the battery,  The binding whas ok.

motor works but servo failure

Do I forget something ??

I have a DT Receiver Rx41d-v5

Maybe I should set up something. I dont no.

I have looked on the deltang site but can not find anything about it.

different servo s tried. also does not work

Maybe someone can help me ?

9436667487_828cbbf812_z.jpg
46 by johnlostcreek, on Flickr

Hello John this may help.

http://www.smservices.net/acatalog/Test_Units.html

I use the 2nd one down on this page to test my old R/C aircraft servos.  You can also use it to work the servos without the need for a Rx or Tx if you are using them for static use like point control etc..

Note there is a DATA sheet that has some useful bits of info on it.

Hopefully Giles will respond to your request shortly.

Edited by Barnaby

John,

So far as I can see, the wiring is correct.

I do believe that some different types of servo have different wiring arrangements, and it may be worth double-checking this.....

There may be an outside chance that the steering has been assigned to P2 or P3, although I think it is unlikely.

I assume that you've wiggled both joy-sticks in all directions (as the steering channel could very well be assigned to a diffrent chanel on the transmitter)

Failing all these, you will need to email Dave at Deltang, who you will find very helpful.

I'm sorry you’ having these problems - mine worked straight out of the packet!

Good luck,

Giles

Hi Giles.

I got a message from David

Interesting project. I think you have what I now label as Rx41d-0-v5 http://www.deltang.co.uk/rx41d-v503.htm If I am right this does not have a servo output enabled by default. You will have to enable it yourself or send it to me to do it.

To try to enable it yourself you need to enter programming mode http://www.deltang.co.uk/rx41d-v503-p.htm and then you need to select the following flash sequence for Ch4 steering: 3(pads), 1(P1), 1(servo), 4(ch4). For Ch2 steering you need: 3,1,1,2. Take a look and let me know if you have any questions.

To make it easier I now sell Rx41d-3-v5 for cars with the servo enabled on Ch4.

Now I am going to try to program. If you don't succeed I'll buy other at David

I can use my receiver for a rc train

John 

Hi Giles, Thanks

I enjoy to do this way. but is a lot of work. It may be easier

It's the pleasure of hobby

Now I in battle with the motor drive. But it will succeed

Will post pictures soon

John 

Edited by johnlostcreek

I thought you'd be interested in the comparison between the gear motors we've been using, and the 6mm Mikro  Antribbe motor Gearbox unit (used for HO lorries). I thought I might play with a 7mm car, and see if it's got sufficient power....

IMG_0332_zpsae8c2b4a.jpg

I've started putting some gear into a Ford Pop., and this little Mikro Antribbe motor gearbox (the weenie one) is amazing. So far I've tried it with a 1.5v battery, and the torque is extraordinary! It would be quite powerful enough to put into one of my lorries.......

At 3.7v and fairly large wheels, it will be rather too fast, so I think I'll have to put a resistor (possibly variable) in series with the motor to try and calm it down.

I believe mine to be the 120:1, and instinct says that a higher ratio would be better, but their data sheets on some of the units may be incorrect, as at least one of the higher ratio units is giving a much higher output speed!

I've not had a chance to try it on a receiver yet, and i'll be away for a couple of days – but i'll let you know how I get on.....

I have found an hour to wire up all the radio gear, with a lipo battery, and I find that the thing leaps away at 10 mph, and tops out at about 25 - 35mph - so not very satisfactory. There's quite enough power, but no low-end speed.

It's not the radio gear, because that's the same that's used on both the lorries......

Hi all,

minor adjustment of my car

I don't use the small engine. The speed is fast

motor to gearbox attached, gearbox   1: 38  engine 1: 50

gearbox fitted.  Now i have to make support for engine

John 

post-18787-0-24809300-1377466425_thumb.jpg

Edited by johnlostcreek
  • Like 2

Folks, thought I would acquaint you with a new company that I think looks like having great potential:-

http://www.protocab.com/

They are shortly hoping to launch their product, wire-free model rail control. I know, you've heard it all before, but look closer. This is not the ordinary 'Just-Get-it-Going' type remote control (your remote control excepted of course Giles), this is a bit more refined. Their web site is not very comprehensive at the moment and they will update it once they know the launch date of their product.

Things I like about this company:-

* They are concerned about prototypical movement

* They have decoders in their models

* Their RC system has two-way information transfer i.e. hand set can tell state of battery etc.

* They aim to have on-track battery charging via induction charging i.e. don't have to handle model

* They will be fitting on/off switches that only require a tap i.e. don't have to handle model

* Many decoders can be operated from the one hand set i.e. locos and road vehicles could be operated from one controller

* They are concentrating on the smaller scales such as 4mm. An advantage for O gauge modellers motorising road vehicles

Things I'm not too sure about are the fact they are will not be DCC standard compatible i.e. you will have to use their decoders, but the reasons given seem to be understandable. To make damn sure that loss of control does not occur due to loss of signal, also to make sure no one else can take control of your model, apparently "…. the rules that cover how the data is passed across the network - have to be far more detailed than the current DCC standards, of necessity".

I don't know what that means for an American company like Tam Valley Depot who do a wireless DCC system, whether it means their system is likely to have such problems as loss of control and interferance from other RC controllers.

Being a new company they are keen to hear modellers views and you can have a better chance of molding them to your preferences. I think they are worth keeping an eye on. They will be demonstrating at this show:-

http://www.ukmodelshops.co.uk/events/7688-expoEM%20North%202013

Rich