Next Run of Class 156 Models ???

charliepetty

55 minutes ago, QuoitsPlayer said:

Original Northern Spirit for me please, and also maybe a second run of the original Provincial livery please.

4 out of 5 of the original Provincial livery are still available to buy!!!!

On 06/09/2023 at 08:22, amwells said:

ScotRail ‘woosh’ and the 158 style Regional Express would be great for me. 

Don’t think anymore ScotRail saltire spotties are needed yet!

A ScotRail Saltire set with the new revised tooling would be a shrewd move, bearing in mind that the previous releases were of the original tooling and all current sets in operation are of the revised window layout to accommodate the disabled toilet. To be honest, I’d expect these to sell out faster than some of the heritage liveries suggested, judging by the prices second hand ScotRail 156’s sell for on EBay.

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

22 hours ago, Andy Mac said:

4 out of 5 of the original Provincial livery are still available to buy!!!!

The first batch or Provincial are mainly still available except the Scottish one, BUT by Christmas the stock levels should be quite low, so if one is required then now is the time to start saving up !!!

This version has beeh our most popular model, with over 1,638 currently sold, we only got 1850 in total 2 Years ago.

But the 1,250 Saltire onesw were the fastest seller !!!

Charlie156445SaltireModel.jpg.b3baedadbea5f3cce39cde634c7c51ee.jpg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, james-htfc said:

Northern Spirit was top of my list but I managed to pick up a Rainbow Railways repaint, so second choice would be any of the early Northern liveries (angled swooshes) or the later promo ones (NRM, Ravenglass, Settle-Carlisle).

If you have any friends at Dapol, maybe they can assist with the photo part of the livery 😃

156 Northern Rail (RER).jpeg

• Like 1

On 08/09/2023 at 07:19, dj_crisp said:

Brilliant. Sounds like you've got proper day/night lights covered for the original lighting.... in warm white LEDs :) ?

I was looking at my RR 156 and was wondering if I could make the translucent gangway door covers. Kind of gave up on that in the end but that would be a welcome addition if possible. I guess it would require a mod of the tooling though? Not a big thing if its not possible.

Cheers

Will

Bachmann include the gangway door covers in the 158 detailing pack now so it must be possible. 

• Informative/Useful 1

20 hours ago, Great Waterton said:

Bachmann include the gangway door covers in the 158 detailing pack now so it must be possible. 

Thanks! I didn't realise so will have a look at mine as I didn't notice them.

On the realtrack 156 I have I think there is a bit of an attempt to include the door cover as part of the moulding which is why I thought it could be a challenge to get looking right

• Agree 1

On 13/09/2023 at 13:21, dj_crisp said:

Thanks! I didn't realise so will have a look at mine as I didn't notice them.

On the realtrack 156 I have I think there is a bit of an attempt to include the door cover as part of the moulding which is why I thought it could be a challenge to get looking right

Sorry I should've been more specific. The first batch DIDN'T have them (I had the Regional Railways one) but the next lot did (I have the Express and WYPTE ones) so I would expect them all to have them from now on. I'd like to think they might be available as spares but then again Bachmann never did that with the 150 ploughs did they so who knows... 😂

On 16/09/2023 at 08:11, Lady_Farkham said:

Could a future class 153 be a worthy venture for you? The Hornby one is both dated and has inaccuracies. 

Wouldn’t be surprised if Heljan release an 00 gauge 153, after their forthcoming 0 gauge 153. The response to the engineering sample has been very positive, so would seem a waste not to go down the 00 gauge route, particularly, as you quite rightly say, the Hornby version has quite a few drawbacks.

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, nickb4141 said:

Wouldn’t be surprised if Heljan release an 00 gauge 153, after their forthcoming 0 gauge 153. The response to the engineering sample has been very positive, so would seem a waste not to go down the 00 gauge route, particularly, as you quite rightly say, the Hornby version has quite a few drawbacks.

I'm also surprised the 153 hasn't led to a Class 155 already too so think that would be very worthwhile in 00 gauge

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
On 18/09/2023 at 17:49, GordonC said:

I'm also surprised the 153 hasn't led to a Class 155 already too so think that would be very worthwhile in 00 gauge

A 155 would be interesting, but how much a retooled 153 in OO ?

They havent made anything with bogies for under £230 rrp in a year or two… so what next £250 ?.. the 2 car class 104 is £389 rrp…

Hornby have triple soaked the 153, its the only unit theyve really exploited to the max.

A new 153 will be competing against the likes of the new 142, 104 etc in the market place..I suspect modellers wont have that deep pockets for everything and will prioritise… meaning lower sales volumes.

Edited by adb968008
  • Agree 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

Just to add to the requests, a Saltire 156 would be extremely welcome, preferably with West Highland destinations (ideally Fort William / Mallaig) to go with the new peco kits!

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Central Trains would be lovely. 

First North Western and Arriva Northern would be great too. 

The Northern advertising liveries would also be nice 

156484 Northern Rail

• Agree 3

• 3 months later...