Hornby Magazine poll - no option to choose Derails

Metr0Land

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, PeterStiles said:

So...next year...

Nominate them when the request for nominations goes out.

I suspect they are peeved that no one did, or so few did they didn't make the shortlist.

Honestly, we're not peeved at all - in fact I didn't even know until I saw this thread. 😂 We're actually more flattered that this topic was created than if we were in the awards itself, so thankyou all for the kind comments. 😄 We often purposely hide away anyway, we rely on word of mouth and recommendations and only pay for very limited advertising so it's nice when we do manage to stretch ourselves into awards!

Sure, being nominated for awards is great and we're always very appreciative, but not being on the list is fine for us and just means we've got to work harder to be nominated next year! 💪

• Like 5
  • Friendly/supportive 3

On 07/09/2023 at 17:12, Dungrange said:

Of course when you go and vote in the next general election, you won't be permitted to cast your vote for "other, please give details".  Your choice will be limited to the candidates on the ballot paper.  The same applies for this vote too.  Obviously no-one nominated Derails.

Perhaps not in the UK, but in the vast majority of the U.S. (41 of 50 states) ballots provide a line for write-in candidates in state and presidential elections.