Bodmin Moor

Gedward

• Gedward changed the title to Bodmin Moor
  • 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium
5 hours ago, AdeMoore said:

Bloody marvellous George you are a master at your art. The shadow box looks spot on great stuff.

Thanks Ade.

During those frustrating nine months in Minehead waiting to complete on my house, I spent a great deal of time planning how to proceed with Bodmin Moor and Bovey Quay. So when I did finally move in July, I was able to hit the ground running. So that time wasn't wasted as I was always virtually modelling. 😀

• Like 3

• RMweb Premium
3 minutes ago, Gedward said:

Thanks Ade.

During those frustrating nine months in Minehead waiting to complete on my house, I spent a great deal of time planning how to proceed with Bodmin Moor and Bovey Quay. So when I did finally move in July, I was able to hit the ground running. So that time wasn't wasted as I was always virtually modelling. 😀

Virtual modelling now that’s something we have in common! I’m always planning my next move but time is tight for modelling so I do bits and pieces every now and then.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Open moorland is eerie in inclement weather. For several decades there have been 'sightings' of a large cat nicknamed the Beast of Bodmin Moor. Photos and vids have been posted online. A hint of such a maybe-mythical creature might not spoil the main effect?

• Like 3
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

• RMweb Premium
On 08/10/2023 at 09:43, Oldddudders said:

Open moorland is eerie in inclement weather. For several decades there have been 'sightings' of a large cat nicknamed the Beast of Bodmin Moor. Photos and vids have been posted online. A hint of such a maybe-mythical creature might not spoil the main effect?

An interesting idea but not for me I'm afraid. Absolute realism is my 'holy grail' in both my paintings and models. And personally, I'm not a big fan of people and animals on a layout, apart from the footplate crew that is.

Edited by Gedward
  • Like 5

• 1 month later...

All the best. I had the same prognosis/surgery in 2016 in my (very) late 40s.

Not going to pretend its all been plain sailing but I'm mobile, at least as fit as I was before and it beats the hell out of the alternative.

Stick with it and remember the last bit!!!

• Friendly/supportive 11

• RMweb Gold

Horrid, horrid news - and inevitably you will feel rubbish and demotivated so soon after invasive surgery. But survival rates are really excellent, you have clearly been taken seriously by the medics and the best has been done. 

No-one in this thread is in any doubt about your huge talents, and we look forward to you recovering, including your mojo, so we can relish the output you so often supply. 

RMweb and Bodmin Moor need you! 

• Like 1
  • Agree 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 2

I was diagnosed exactly 5 years ago, ruined the run-up to my retirement. In my case it turned out to be non-aggressive and I've been on Active Surveillance since then - another of my six-monthly crossed-finger moments is upon me. 

I add my best wishes to everyone else's, and if you get any bad days during your recovery look for the better days beyond them - you'll reach them sooner than you think. Or just jump on here for a chat 😁!

• Friendly/supportive 6