The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Kim Jong Un train set (Private Eye)

RichardT

• RMweb Premium

At Hornby pricing, it would not be affordable!

And if Dapol O, it would keep being postponed for many years! Just look at their proposed Class 66 offering.

Edited by J. S. Bach
To add some information.
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, RichardT said:

From this week’s “Private Eye”:

IMG_4354.jpeg.77b9b81bf6fe749472ccdbf0e4cf6620.jpeg

I particularly like “Hornby-ong-yang”

So, Rapido, are you listening? You could call it “The Killing-Field Thunderbolt”. (Yes, I know that was the Khmer Rouge in Cambodia, but KJU is the modern Asian incarnation of that epithet.)

Richard

Would the "tiny overweight model of the Supreme Leader" be a Fat Director?

• Like 1
  • Funny 7

• RMweb Premium
10 minutes ago, RichardT said:

OT but ISTR that there originally was also a Thin Controller, who faded out of the Awdry stories rather quickly.

Not at all. The Thin Controller ran the Skarloey Railway (based on the Talyllyn). The Small Controller ran the Arlesdale Railway (based on the Ravenglass and Eskdale). The Fat Controller ran the standard gauge.

It's a bit of a shame the standard gauge lines were nationalised, because in the first book, the gentleman was called the Fat Director, which morphs rather better into the Fat Dictator.

• Like 4
  • Agree 3
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Hroth said:

Although the KCIII 66s seem to have been quite popular!

Yes, we laugh but they always shift their tat to the collectors “ must have it “ market.

I’m sure if they did a Co-Co bogied Union Jack dog poop they’d still shift it 

• Funny 4

6 hours ago, rob D2 said:

Yes, we laugh but they always shift their tat to the collectors “ must have it “ market.

Only you laughing as you missed out!

Might be worth looking on eBay, now valued from £150 to £500. Some with bids on well in excess of what I paid!

King Charles III

• Like 1

On 22/09/2023 at 16:10, RichardT said:

From this week’s “Private Eye”:

IMG_4354.jpeg.77b9b81bf6fe749472ccdbf0e4cf6620.jpeg

I particularly like “Hornby-ong-yang”

So, Rapido, are you listening? You could call it “The Killing-Field Thunderbolt”. (Yes, I know that was the Khmer Rouge in Cambodia, but KJU is the modern Asian incarnation of that epithet.)

Richard

I note that it doesn't state what the scale is (just that it is a perfect scale model), but 94 carriages for the equivalent of 37 pence would seem like exceptionally good value.  Unfortunately, it seems like the exchange rate is incorrect as there are only 1096 North Korean Won to the pound!  £81 million is a much less affordable train set.

• Funny 1

16 hours ago, rob D2 said:

As an enthusiast of Cl56 & Cl60, any General Motors traction to me could be classified as "Co-Co bogied dog poop" Union Jack or no.

Class 69? Well that's just taking the piss.

C6T.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, eastglosmog said:

If it is a "tiny overweight model of the supreme leader" does that mean that the model is over scale weight for the portly person? Made of depleted uranium, perhaps?

Indeed, poor intended English. Bad show.

As read, it means the tiny figurine weighs more than the manufacturer intended it to.

Order cancelled! C6T.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
On 22/09/2023 at 20:36, Danemouth said:

Fat Controller surely?

Dave

He's got a new job. He is a surgeon fitting gastric bands.

I think I could have done that. I used to reconnect the rubber bands inside my little sisters' plastic dolls, when they got dislodged and an arm or leg or even the head fell off.

• Like 2