E.S.U. LokPilot Basic Decoder

Stuart G

I would have thought it's an emphatic no.

They have different physical electronic architecture.

I imagine the firmware would be incompatible.

When introduced, the Basic and later Standard were based on either older (in the case of the Basic) and cut down versions of ESU's contemporary decoder lines.

Simpler motor drive and fewer function outputs are just a couple of the differences.

Edited by Ron Ron Ron

If you could do what you are asking then no-one would buy a LokPilot V4 or V5 again, they would just buy a LokPilot Basic and reconfigure and ESU would simply hike the price of the LokPilot Basic to the same price as the premium products.

On 03/10/2023 at 18:56, peterfgf said:

I wouldn't bother with Lokpilot Basic decoder.  The clue is in the name.  I used a few several years ago but the performance of later decoders far outstrips them.

Peterfgf

The original LokPilot Basic V1.0 is long out of production, replaced many years go by the LokPilot Standard, which itself has since been supplanted by the newer LokPilot 5 Basic.

Motor control has supposedly improved with each generation, using the tech from the previous generation "main LokPilot", each time that's upgraded.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

23 hours ago, Ron Ron Ron said:

The original LokPilot Basic V1.0 is long out of production, replaced many years go by the LokPilot Standard, which itself has since been supplanted by the newer LokPilot 5 Basic.

Motor control has supposedly improved with each generation, using the tech from the previous generation "main LokPilot", each time that's upgraded.

Thanks.  I didn't know that but I suppose I should have guessed that manufacters shuffle yesterday's best products down the line.  A bit like BR rolling stock.

Peterfgf.

• Like 1