BWWMRC Model Railway Show 2023

Shaun66

Next Saturday is the Beckenham and West Wickham Model Railway Clubs Model Railway Show. This year being at a new, bigger venue, which is well connected by public transport. Free on street parking is available if you are arriving by car. 

Up to 20 layouts, traders and societies in attendance. 

Check out the website for more details: http://www.bwwmrc.co.uk/exhibitions/23Oct/index.shtml

Online program:

http://www.bwwmrc.co.uk/exhibitions/23Oct/BWWMRC SHOW PROG 2023.pdf

IMG_2283.jpeg

IMG_2284.jpeg

Edited by Shaun66
Edit error
  • Like 2

Just a reminder that this Saturday is the Beckenham and West Wickham Model Railway Clubs Model Railway Show. With plenty of high quality layout and a selection of traders in attendance. 

Layouts attending:

The Yard - 32mm - 16.5mm 
Cedar Court Wagon Yard - OO 
File Box Junction - OO 
Universal Vintage - OO 
Canute Road Quay - OO 
Ruffles Road - OO 
Durston - OO 
Scrapworth End - OO 
Selborne - OO9 
Mitchford Park - N 
Forrestone - N 
Bletchinghurst - OO 
Rossiter Rise - OO 
Hemlock - 0-16.5 
Hazelcombe - O 
Elbow Lane - OO 
Where Seagulls Dare - OO9 
Clayton West - Oo

IMG_1118.jpeg

IMG_1131.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 16/10/2023 at 18:15, andyman7 said:

I'm glad I picked up that this has moved as I have a flyer picked up at the Vintage show earlier this year advertising the old venue at the location. Will there be a notice at the originally-advertised venue to redirect people?

Yes there will be a notice up at the originally advertised venue. 

• Thanks 1

There was a great selection of layouts on show and the BWWMRC did well to make the (seemingly) seamless move to a new venue.

We had a great time sharing our model engineering hobby with the visitors, first time I've put together a display too. Thankfully lots of positive comments received 😊

53275397280_94d40beb6b_c.jpgCSME Display by Daniel Hamblin, on Flickr

Regards,

Dan

A fantastic day at the show with is fab new bright and spacious venue. A great selection of layouts - from the big to the tiny! It was great to chat to so many exhibitors - including Julian Evison - and of course exhibition manager and club chair, Greg Marshall. Will be posting a video later today.
Pix: 1) Bletchinghurst - Steve Fryer 2) Canute Road Quay - Graham Muspratt 3) Hazelcombe - Jim McGeachy 4) 1) Julian Evison, The 009 Society.

Screenshot 2023-10-22 at 08.26.32.png

Screenshot 2023-10-22 at 08.25.35.png

Screenshot 2023-10-22 at 08.24.50.png

IMG_2802.jpg

Edited by Modelrailwayquest
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Modelrailwayquest said:

A fantastic day at the show with is fab new bright and spacious venue. A great selection of layouts - from the big to the tiny! It was great to chat to so many exhibitors - including Julian Evison - and of course exhibition manager and club chair, Greg Marshall. Will be posting a video later today.
Pix: 1) Bletchinghurst - Steve Fryer 2) Canute Road Quay - Graham Muspratt 3) Hazelcombe - Jim McGeachy 4) 1) Julian Evison, The 009 Society.

Screenshot 2023-10-22 at 08.26.32.png

Screenshot 2023-10-22 at 08.25.35.png

Screenshot 2023-10-22 at 08.24.50.png

IMG_2802.jpg

Spotted you at the show. Seen your first two videos so I'm looking forward to this one.

Dave

Edited by dasatcopthorne

• RMweb Gold
6 hours ago, Greengiant said:

We enjoyed our day exhibiting The Yard. Very pleased with all the kind comments and interest shown in the layout and its operating features.

53276285706_8430cd4418_b.jpg

53276755830_b5b2a81991_o REV

53276639924_b88322e3b8_b.jpg

Martin

A great layout it is too, thoroughly enjoy watching it during the day! 

• Like 2

On 21/10/2023 at 17:33, Invicta Informant said:

Really good show. Pretty good selection of layouts (Rossiter Rise was my favourite). The new venue is clean and airy, with plenty of natural light that is not overpowering. Worth the trip. Thank you to the Beckenham & West Wickham MRC for another good show.

DSC_0232.JPG

Lovely to see you there!

I found it a very enjoyable show as an exhibitor and I like the new venue with its airy and bright space. Thanks to Alex fromthe host club I was able to have a look around at other layouts and agree the standard was high. My own 009 layout, Selborne, behaved reasonably well and it was great talking to lots of participants. Thank you, Dawn, for the lovely piece of video.

Julian