Please use M,M&M only for topics that do not fit within other forum areas. All topics posted here await admin team approval to ensure they don't belong elsewhere.

NCB blue coach historic pictures???

I don't suppose anyone has any historic pictures of the Genesis 4 & 6 Wheel Coaches in the NCB blue livery? I'm curious to how may existed, how accurate Hatton's renditions are, what loco pulled them and formations they operated in. my o.c.d likes to check the realism of stuff before committing to a rake on my layout.

so far i have only found this photo of 1 blue coach

NCB No 31 RSH 7609 of 1950 shunts coaches at Ashington Colliery

Personally the it’s more the lettering style on them that spoils them as it looks far too modern, personally I’d go for a maroon/red colour but that’s me being skewed by experience! My layout would have a Bedlington and District Luxury Coaches Bristol LH as was common in Northumberland in the 1980’s. The main qualification to drive these was to have been sacked by United.

• Like 2
  • Funny 3

14 hours ago, adds-trains said:

I don't suppose anyone has any historic pictures of the Genesis 4 & 6 Wheel Coaches in the NCB blue livery? I'm curious to how may existed, how accurate Hatton's renditions are, what loco pulled them and formations they operated in. my o.c.d likes to check the realism of stuff before committing to a rake on my layout.

You won't find any photos as they never existed.

Are you not aware that the Hattons' Genesis coaches are fictitious?

They are of a certain 'historic style', but are not models of ANY prototypical coaches.

Sorry,

CJI.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, cctransuk said:

Are you not aware that the Hattons' Genesis coaches are fictitious

I treat them in the same way as lots of TV and films; this is the suspension of disbelief and when it comes to models like this if your happy with it so be it!

• Like 1
  • Round of applause 2

17 minutes ago, Mark Saunders said:

I treat them in the same way as lots of TV and films; this is the suspension of disbelief and when it comes to models like this if your happy with it so be it!

Quite - but the OP is seeking historic, prototype photos of coaches that never existed, and wishing to check the authenticity of the models.

CJI.

• Like 2

• Moderators
47 minutes ago, cctransuk said:

They are of a certain 'historic style', but are not models of ANY prototypical coaches.

Some are close enough that will, with a little modelling, be sufficiently close. I've got a couple set aside for recreating ex-Maryport coaches that were used near here, in blue.

https://chasewaterrailwaymuseum.blog/tag/paddy-train/

• Like 3

15 hours ago, adds-trains said:

Personally I'm not convinced its blue!

• Like 1

ahh thats a shame, i thought all of hattons coaches were real. it would seem only some are rather then the whole lot. i dont have many blue coaches on my layout so i was hoping to build a rake using the hattons ones. iv already ordered some of accurascale suburban coaches but i wanted veriaty of diffrent types of blue coaches. oh well, guess ill have to fine other blue coaches.

2 minutes ago, AY Mod said:

TBH if that's your criteria for acquiring stock I wouldn't bother about prototypical accuracy.

lol na i couldn't do that. my ocd wouldn't allow it. so far everything on my layout is real.  the odd rake may not be prototypical, like the wrong era coach with another, but everything has to be real no exception.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium
10 minutes ago, adds-trains said:

ahh thats a shame, i thought all of hattons coaches were real. it would seem only some are rather then the whole lot. i dont have many blue coaches on my layout so i was hoping to build a rake using the hattons ones. iv already ordered some of accurascale suburban coaches but i wanted veriaty of diffrent types of blue coaches. oh well, guess ill have to fine other blue coaches.

Would it be possible to Paint a couple, or is that not what you'd like to do Adds?

3 hours ago, cctransuk said:

Are you not aware that the Hattons' Genesis coaches are fictitious?

Sorry,

CJI.

I'm fairly certain OP is asking for examples of the livery.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Mallard60022 said:

Would it be possible to Paint a couple, or is that not what you'd like to do Adds?

painting/respray is something id be happy to do providing the model tooling is accurate as tooling cant easily be change.

and I need photos of the real thing to paint from so i get the livery accurate.

Edited by adds-trains
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Premium
1 minute ago, adds-trains said:

painting/respray is something id be happy to do providing the model tooling is accurate as thats not as easy to change as the colour.

and i need photos of the real thing to pain from

XLNT. I know nothing about these Coaches, so I'll leave those that do to advise you. Good luck.

Phil