The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Model Railway layout - anyone achieve last years personal resolution to build one

• RMweb Gold

Some progress during 2023, but not as much as I intended 12 months ago. Mostly stock weathering rather than layout work.

My GVT O-16.5 layout was in fact finished last year, started basically in 2022 but I spend many summer months away from home so build time was about 12 months give or take.  With two 10' shelves and now two layouts I've maxed out my space.......  Now down to loco and wagon kits.....no timescales envisaged, just enjoyment - and maybe some running.....

I should add, in keeping with the thread subject, that I did intend to finish last year....

Edited by Jeff Smith
  • Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Surprisingly I did.  Our club chairman set up a challenge for members to build a small diorama to exhibit at our annual exhibition.  There were 10 entries.  A brilliant idea as it got several people building something for the first time.  I cheated a bit as I built a two sided working micro layout in 009.

IMG_2101.jpeg.4eab77ada1025b26e7d7ba39a75731f4.jpeg

IMG_2102.jpeg.278cb262cdf26bbc7bb4093f624d5fbe.jpeg

IMG_2095.jpeg.9a8f4de6c271c1ecd67db8f01bc298f9.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1

• RMweb Premium

Did plan to get somewhere, but didn't even really get started.

Personally speaking it's not something I think I'd ever resolve to do, I find modelling something best done whenever I happen to be in the mood for it, setting a goal and feeling some sort of obligation might just put me off and turn it in to a chore. There's a good chance I'll never get anything even remotely finished.

• Agree 1