A new Inglenook? Pile Street?

• RMweb Gold
2 minutes ago, ColinK said:

What’s your thoughts on the sleeper things (sorry forgotten their name) you’ve used at the baseboard joint?

Used them on a few layouts now - so far so good and a lot less faff than copper clad sleepers or brass screws.

https://www.modeltech.uk/

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium

Many thanks, I’m helping a friend build a layout and am contemplatibg using them instead of my usual method of a piece of copper clad paxolin laid across the baseboard joint, often with several tracks on it, then cut along the baseboard joint.

• RMweb Gold

Given that in order to work the curved bits either side of the joint must be slightly proud of the edge how are you avoiding damage? Have you had to cut a small slot into your board end protector pieces or similar?

Edited by john new

• RMweb Gold
20 minutes ago, john new said:

Given that in order to work the curved bits either side of the joint must be slightly proud of the edge how are you avoiding damage? Have you had to cut a small slot into your board end protector pieces or similar?

I slightly off set the board end track protectors by about 3mm - using the same ply I inset into the cork - John. I don't have a photo but I'll sort one when I next have one of the layouts out. The layout still fits in the RUB with them in place.

Chris

• Informative/Useful 1