The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

King Charles has cancer

Oldddudders

I find it (professionally) interesting that the Palace has not revealed what kind of cancer the King has. 

“Cancer” covers a huge range of conditions - from the extremely common (breast [yes, men get breast cancer too], colon, lung) to the very rare (such as Merkel Cell Carcinoma).

It’s perhaps as well, as it will help avoid speculation by the doomsayers and (maybe) help keep the quacks and charlatans at bay.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium
4 hours ago, iL Dottore said:

I find it (professionally) interesting that the Palace has not revealed what kind of cancer the King has. 

“Cancer” covers a huge range of conditions - from the extremely common (breast [yes, men get breast cancer too], colon, lung) to the very rare (such as Merkel Cell Carcinoma).

It’s perhaps as well, as it will help avoid speculation by the doomsayers and (maybe) help keep the quacks and charlatans at bay.

Perhaps he deserves some privacy? Historically the royals have kept totally silent about any illness, sometimes nothing until a death announcement.

He is to be congratulated for disclosing about his prostate condition, to encourage others to be tested.

As for exact details, none of our damn business.

• Like 4
  • Agree 10

Like others I applaud his decision to make the diagnosis public, wish his majesty well with his treatment and a speedy recovery and wish the press would leave him and his family alone and stop the endless and fruitless speculation!

• Agree 5

• RMweb Gold

I empathise with HM & all the family. Long hours spent in Chemo ( I am assuming that is actually part of the treatment ) are soul destroying and its after effects are no joke. There may of course be a possibility of surgery at some point. I cared for my late wife through such a period of breast cancer. Two years after that,she was diagnosed with terminal pancreatic cancer and I found myself in the same situation again with the added twist of Covid raging and the complete soul destroying finality of it all day by day,month by month.No “caught it in time “ there. That particular one is a killer. May good fortune and clinical skill aid HM.

• Friendly/supportive 17