Bachmann Collectors Club Spring 2024 - XP64 47 and Dance Hall Brake in N and OO TTA

AY Mod

• Moderators

TRIO OF NEW MODELS JOIN THE BACHMANN COLLECTORS CLUB RANGE FOR SPRING 2024

To coincide with Bachmann Europe’s Spring British Railway Announcements, the Bachmann Collectors Club today unveiled its first new products for 2024.

In N Scale the Collectors Club celebrates 60 years since BR’s XP64 Train was launched with a new model of Class 47 No. D1733 in its Experimental Blue livery. The new Club model takes advantage of recent upgrades to the Graham Farish Class 47, allowing SOUND FITTED versions to be offered alongside the standard versions. All models feature a coreless motor, Next18 DCC decoder interface, pre-fitted speaker and include directional lighting, switchable on/off at either end, and cab lights for DCC users. Both versions are available now and Club members receive a 10% discount on the RRP of an equivalent main range item, making the standard model (371- 825K) £161.96 whilst the SOUND FITTED model is priced at £251.96 (371-825KSF).

371-825K-1.jpg

371-825K-3.jpg

The second N Scale model this Spring uses the new ‘Dance Hall’ Brake Van from Graham Farish and depicts No. DS55466 which was based at Stratford Motive Power Depot in London. The van was the last of its type operating on the national network and carried the attractive Olive Green livery with Yellow Ends as depicted by the Club model until withdrawal. Priced at £31.46 and in stock now, this price again includes a 10% discount on the RRP of an equivalent main range item.

378-025K-1.jpg

The third and final new model for now is for OO Scale and this depicts a 45T TTA Tank Wagon in the Grey & Orange livery of ‘Gulf’. Gulf used TTA tank wagons to transport its products from the Gulf refinery at Milford Haven, with around a quarter of the plant’s output moved around the UK by rail whilst three quarters was moved by sea.

37-576K-1.jpg37-576K.jpg

The Bachmann Collectors Club Limited Edition will be available at the end of February and the price of this model to Club members is £31.46. Bachmann Collectors Club members can place their orders online via www.bachmanncollectorsclub.co.uk. New members can also join online and purchase from the growing range of Club exclusive models straight away. Orders and membership enquiries can also be made by telephone on 01455 245565.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Great Waterton said:

Does anyone know what era/period that Gulf TTA would be from please? 

Don't quote me on the exact dates, but I think mid to late 1960s onwards.

Hornby definitely had one in that livery in their range in the 1970s as I had one!

Jason

• Agree 1

5 hours ago, Steamport Southport said:

Don't quote me on the exact dates, but I think mid to late 1960s onwards.

Hornby definitely had one in that livery in their range in the 1970s as I had one!

Jason

Thanks Jason, my gut reaction was 70s!