Small Allen Keys Screwdriver Type

Anyone know where small screwdriver allen keys can be purchased please. 

When using very small bolts I find the traditional L shape keys are very difficult to use. Ideally small bit type keys would be fine.

Thanks

Radio Spares. Not cheap but excellent. Mine came courtesy of my wife who rescued them from the works bin where a service engineer threw them in disgust after snapping the tiny one.

The broken one was cut off with the Dremel. Full set restored.

Edited by doilum

And for those in the truly tight part of Yorkshire, there is always the dead biro and epoxy solution.......

Seriously though, the smaller the screw size the higher the quality of key required.

And bonus tip for those of us coming to terms with failing eyesight and shaky paws, use a pin vice to locate those tiny b.a. nuts.

• Agree 1

Beta 1257 series or Wera Kraftform Micro series - well worth paying for good quality in small sizes, especially when the difference between 1.27mm and 1.3mm hax can be the difference between a rounded off screw or a successfully assembled wheelset (Slaters Wheels, crankpins etc).

• Agree 2

7 hours ago, frobisher said:

That's not too far off from what I bought from the same outlet.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0189YWOIO?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details

A bit expensive compared to the other suggestions above, but seems to be good quality. I got them for £25.49 last year when they were reduced. And the other bits have found a use when I'm tasked to fix the children's gadgets.

2 hours ago, Damo666 said:

A bit expensive compared to the other suggestions above, but seems to be good quality. I got them for £25.49 last year when they were reduced. And the other bits have found a use when I'm tasked to fix the children's gadgets.

iFixit stuff is top shelf indeed but it lasts (though doesn't come with all the plastic sludgers which can be useful for getting into coaches and locos).

• RMweb Premium

It seems to that sets of fastener removal tools are getting bigger, because Chinese factories invent new types of screw heads, to make them only repairable by authorised repairers. But other Chinese factories make sets of tools, available to everyone and so goes the cycle!

On 12/02/2024 at 08:58, Damo666 said:

Thanks for that, but what I require is a lot smaller.

I have now purchased a set of allen keys (sizes typically 1.5mm 1.6mm), so going to cut them to length and use a pin drill.