Andrew Barclay 14" 16" 0-4-0ST Industrial by Accurascale

46 minutes ago, Nova Scotian said:

These look great - have a lined green, unnumbered on order. But now I'm drooling over the unnumbered lined blue too... and Q4 delivery does give me some time to save up...

I’m the opposite, I had the light blue and Caledonia on pre order, I may have to swap  the latter for the apple green. They all look fantastic though!

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium
54 minutes ago, Davidjsmith said:

Any chance is sound for these Loco’s?

Accirascale have said that it is too late to make any changes to this batch as production is so far advanced. So I think a sound fitted version probably won’t happen. Hopefully Accurascale will make a sound chip you can order through them and include sound on the next batch. 

• Like 2

Is any thought being given to a back dated version (pre 1920) with the curved cab side or a boiler with daylight beneath it as managed by the Hornby Peckett?

Cheers,

David

2 minutes ago, davknigh said:

Is any thought being given to a back dated version (pre 1920) with the curved cab side or a boiler with daylight beneath it as managed by the Hornby Peckett?

Cheers,

David

I know what you mean, but there's not much daylight in there anyway I'm afraid. Look where the smokebox is and then look across. Most of that gap was filled with boiler. 

Jason

• Agree 2

On 15/02/2024 at 15:50, davknigh said:

Cheers,

David

On 15/02/2024 at 13:20, Davidjsmith said:

Any chance is sound for these Loco’s?

Keep in mind that they only picked up the models from Hattons 5 minutes ago.

I'm pretty impressed that they managed to digest all of Hattons research material (plus add some of their own no doubt), look at the samples, spot errors and send back feedback to get this prior planned batch underway in good order.

So who knows what the future will bring with these models. But it's off to bright start.

• Like 3
  • Agree 5

As mentioned in the article, there will be amendments, will Victory end up with this style of cab windows? 

I don’t recall seeing artwork for the back of the second batch of Barclays. Only front and side. 

image.png.1b76e055bba47624a724aa6a10bebe7e.png

Image taken from Hattons' website. 

Edited by Ribird

+1 on Pmorgancym.

Operation of model locomotives is a 'mutual understanding' between the design, and the operator.

If it runs on a little, like with a built in stay alive for DC operation, it's little more than an exaggerated flywheel effect, but it could assist greatly in running small wheelbase locomotives over points at 'prototypical speeds', not sped up to compensate for lack of pickup.

Al.

On 17/02/2024 at 13:05, atom3624 said:

+1 on Pmorgancym.

Operation of model locomotives is a 'mutual understanding' between the design, and the operator.

If it runs on a little, like with a built in stay alive for DC operation, it's little more than an exaggerated flywheel effect, but it could assist greatly in running small wheelbase locomotives over points at 'prototypical speeds', not sped up to compensate for lack of pickup.

Al.

Dapol's solution with their tilting axle on their  B4 tank is very effective under these conditions. I never had one stall on points once.

The down side is that you have to be very careful when taking the model apart. And once I had a kid suddenly speeding one up causing all the motion to lock up!

• Friendly/supportive 1

On 15/02/2024 at 09:57, Steamport Southport said:

I know what you mean, but there's not much daylight in there anyway I'm afraid. Look where the smokebox is and then look across. Most of that gap was filled with boiler. 

Jason

I’ve hear that argument before but the same can be said of the Peckett but somehow Hornby got around that problem and it appears that Rapido have managed it too with their fire less Barclay.  I’m prepared to accept that in Hatton’s case it was down to tooling costs but they still managed to produce exquisite detail inside the cab which is equally hard to see, but they did it. But that was then and this is now. Accurascale have been building a reputation of getting first class detail on their models and even going to the extent of making EM & P4 wheel sets available for some engines. All I’m asking is that Accurascale consider an upgrade that would include the detail change and perhaps include earlier variants of a very popular engine. The old reason for not showing the gap was down to gearing and motor size, that is no longer a valid concern.

Cheers,

David

• Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

• RMweb Gold
On 17/02/2024 at 09:29, Pmorgancym said:

If people are talking about future developments rather than sound, how about built in stay alive to compensation for the tiny wheelbase

Why fix something that isn't broken ? They don't need a stay alive. I've never had any issues with mine moving at creepy crawly speeds over pointwork on a small industrial layout. 

Surely it's better to keep these at the price they are and leave it to the customer to upgrade or not according to taste. 

Rob

• Like 2
  • Agree 5

• 4 weeks later...

Added another one to my pre-order. Had ordered a Dapol Hawthon Leslie PLA, and the lined dark blue will pair perfectly...

Both were much better prices than RRP for some shunters from mainstream brands - I understand of course if you wait they'll go on sale if there's any left, but where I'm now looking into a couple of liveries I can't really take that chance.