Peterborough North

great northern

• RMweb Premium
12 minutes ago, Clive Mortimore said:

I like both of them , only cos there is a Cravens DMU shake, rattle and rolling into the station.

Could it be that you have a slight bias towards diesel thingys though Clive?  However, I am able to tell you that when I realised that the Cravens unit was due shortly, I made sure that it arrived in time to be included in the photos, thus ensuring for you a happy few minutes amongst the trials of the day.

• Funny 6

• RMweb Premium
6 minutes ago, great northern said:

Could it be that you have a slight bias towards diesel thingys though Clive?  However, I am able to tell you that when I realised that the Cravens unit was due shortly, I made sure that it arrived in time to be included in the photos, thus ensuring for you a happy few minutes amongst the trials of the day.

Thank you Gilbert.

29 minutes ago, great northern said:

While doing a bit of tidying up things strewn around the floor of the railway room, I found this. I'd completely forgotten I had it.

1039141183_pocketbook.jpg.b693a2d9e2f7df3ed2e3a7c03f1efeb4.jpg

My bias must be misting my mind I saw London and North Western Railway in the title and thought that's an odd choice of tome for an LNER afficienado.

• Agree 1

Hello Gilbert l have been following rmweb including your layout for some time and have recently joined . I admire your layout and know it was featured in model rail . Could u give me some idea when this was? I put a few photos of my Grimsby Town layout last week on Tony Wright’s post last week . Thanks! Roy 

• RMweb Premium
14 minutes ago, RoyLowe said:

Hello Gilbert l have been following rmweb including your layout for some time and have recently joined . I admire your layout and know it was featured in model rail . Could u give me some idea when this was? I put a few photos of my Grimsby Town layout last week on Tony Wright’s post last week . Thanks! Roy 

Hello Roy. It is quite a few years since it was in Model Rail, but I'll have a look and see if I can find it.

• Agree 1

• RMweb Premium
31 minutes ago, RoyLowe said:

Hello again Roy. Guess which were the two magazines at the very bottom of the pile?   Model Rail January and May 2014 are the ones.

• Agree 1

Gilbert, I hope you’ll indulge me, but I’ve actually spent the last day and a half in my loft, and hope tomorrow to have some pics on my own thread.

do you mind if I publicise it here as do many of our readers are shared, and i think  they've got bored with my inactivity!

• Like 3
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
25 minutes ago, bigwordsmith said:

Gilbert, I hope you’ll indulge me, but I’ve actually spent the last day and a half in my loft, and hope tomorrow to have some pics on my own thread.

do you mind if I publicise it here as do many of our readers are shared, and i think  they've got bored with my inactivity!

That's very good news Peter. By all means alert people on here.

On 22/04/2020 at 17:29, great northern said:

TW and I had a chat on the phone this morning Geoff, and we both said that they were lovely engines in their own right, let alone for a heavy goods engine. That's why I've bent the truth a bit so that they can appear quite regularly on PN. The thought that they were very regularly on New England shed, just a mile away, but rarely came south of there, was too much to bear.

I don't blame you Gilbert, they certainly are lovely engines.

I will have to do the same as I already have several O2's.

11 hours ago, great northern said:

Good morning all, and another very good one it is, wall to wall sunshine once again.

At PN, the Northumbrian is due, and appears with 60111 Enterprise at the head.

1528636265_11111.JPG.42c083bbacb7c57bd8a741e170b9dea6.JPG

We appear to have a straight headboard and lamps, and most, if not all, of the front end accoutrements. I think the position of the loco on the curve is about right, and the two coaches are an effective backdrop. Also, there is no photoshopping at all, this is just as the camera saw it. I am therefore quite pleased.

1993902915_21112.JPG.a2765a7482725e4274fd46594f56e13f.JPG

Enterprise heads onwards, passing a DMU arriving from Skegness.

I think the two coaches on the right work well Gilbert.

The nearest one is nicely weathered.

• Like 3
  • Agree 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1

• RMweb Premium
1 minute ago, great northern said:

Up on high again this morning, maybe Spital shed Cenotaph again? The angle looks a bit dodgy though. Wherever it was shot, we can see a dirty local V2 heading south with the Inverkeithing to KX Goods Class C.

1602315055_3853above.JPG.d711381f43140b80221d98c15db55e6e.JPG

We aren't going to climb all that way and only take one picture, are we?

371578113_4853and88.JPG.a38e42d1154256936928d22b23e82b9a.JPG

368233998_5aboveagain.JPG.a7f1c36770bcc79253fb549cb832c1cc.JPG

Another beautiful day here again, by the way.

I do like the ‘high up’ views Gilbert. They show the layout off well and allow a good view of all/ much of the train. It must make the ‘shopping’ easier too.

Andy

Andy

• Like 4
  • Agree 8

• RMweb Premium
35 minutes ago, thegreenhowards said:

I do like the ‘high up’ views Gilbert. They show the layout off well and allow a good view of all/ much of the train. It must make the ‘shopping’ easier too.

Andy

Andy

Shopping is easier in all but one area Andy, and there it becomes near on impossible. I won't draw attention to it, as I don't think it detracts from the overall result.

• Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold

I too like the high up views Gilbert, but somewhat counter intuitively I thought the shot of Enterprise alongside the DMU gave a lovely ground level sweep, the sort of thing a (lucky) casual observer might have seen in 1958.

Best wishes,

Alastair

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium
42 minutes ago, A Murphy said:

I too like the high up views Gilbert, but somewhat counter intuitively I thought the shot of Enterprise alongside the DMU gave a lovely ground level sweep, the sort of thing a (lucky) casual observer might have seen in 1958.

Best wishes,

Alastair

Just good fortune sometimes, I think. The day I took the shots of Enterprise, the light was absolutely perfect, and I picked just the right time of day. The second shot was an attempt at a different angle, which just clicked, so I'll try to remember that one for the future.

• Like 1