Peterborough North

great northern

• RMweb Premium
On 23/04/2022 at 22:09, great northern said:

806980955_1572.JPG.60477565b02439b38d3942479dfef7a6.JPG

The nice lady in the spotted dress seems to be very interested in watching the train, but the attention of the porter is elsewhere.

Edited by Clive Mortimore
  • Like 1
  • Funny 7

• RMweb Premium
On 27/04/2022 at 09:09, great northern said:

What I meant was that the porter had just spotted something........that needed to be swept up. With that broom he is holding.

Doesn’t seem to do a lot so might be the railway equivalent of Trigger’s Broom

• RMweb Premium

I know that I have enthused before but every day this thread gives me joy, long may it thrive and thanks very much Gilbert.

Kind regards,

Richard B

• Like 1
  • Agree 11

• RMweb Gold

This thread reminds me so much of the times at Grantham in the late fifties, lovely times, except for being "put" on the train  back to Derby Friargate an excruciatingly long journey it used to seem, after watching the magnificent  procession of East Coast Pacifics. Wished I could still do it though. Brilliant modelling Gilbert .....Thank you

Rgds......Mike

• Like 3

• RMweb Premium

Although I have never met you Gilbert I feel I know you from all your work on this outstanding thread.

I really like this latest series of images, despite all the frustrations you have experienced, they provide a further insight into your modelling.

The last two signal box images suggest that the large tree next to the box has had a major mishap? Knowing how you strive for visual and operational accuracy I suspect that the tree actually did topple over in the late 1950s?

Many thanks,

Richard B

Edited by 30368
  • Like 4

• RMweb Premium
5 minutes ago, 30368 said:

Although I have never met you Gilbert I feel I know you from all your work on this outstanding thread.

I really like this lates series of images, despite all the frustrations you have experienced, they provide a further insight into your modelling.

The lats two signal box images suggest that the large tree next to the box has had a major mishap? Knowing how you strive for visual and operational accuracy I suspect that the tree actually did topple over in the late 1950s?

Many thanks,

Richard B

At the moment, it is just there lying on its side to fill a gap. I haven't decided what is going to be put in that area yet. The problem is that once under the bridge I have departed from reality, and so to put in things that really were there may look completely wrong.

• Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 2