Peterborough North

great northern

11 hours ago, great northern said:

Dominion of Canada rolls past the spotters, who are unlikely to have been impressed.

1900297563_5WR2.JPG.a89988dc925079034ac8056a012da3e3.JPG

then is captured in the distance from a safe place outside the overall roof.

1881344432_6WRfar.JPG.021abc7b2ac4445876f1b39a1ce016f8.JPG

For once the background glare is entirely prototypical.

Not only is the glare prototypical but the way the light makes the glass on the canopy look dirty looks sooooo like the real thing. 

• Like 2
  • Agree 2

• RMweb Premium
47 minutes ago, rockershovel said:

My kids dismiss Dark Side Of The Moon as “stoner music” but I also find it endlessly listenable.

You can take the boy out of the 70s but you can't take the 70s out of the boy.

• Like 2
  • Agree 4

• RMweb Premium

Now I am of an age where I should be agreeing with you lot over Dark Side of the Moon........I did buy it but it no longer sits in my record collection. I was more into Bowie, Roxy Music, Cockney Rebel, Dr Feelgood, Velvet Underground etc.... Then I heard the Ramones, and saw The Jam, from then on.........

• Like 2
  • Friendly/supportive 3

4 minutes ago, Clive Mortimore said:

Now I am of an age where I should be agreeing with you lot over Dark Side of the Moon........I did buy it but it no longer sits in my record collection. I was more into Bowie, Roxy Music, Cockney Rebel, Dr Feelgood, Velvet Underground etc.... Then I heard the Ramones, and saw The Jam, from then on.........

You'll never be Comfortably Numb then mate, (although that wasn't on DSotM).

• Funny 5
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
5 minutes ago, Clive Mortimore said:

I think there must be some sort of mettabollocks change in one's body chemistry in the later years as I now really enjoy listening to Velvet stuff. Lots of shiny leather etc and just love the chunking guitar style. Floyd is also something I didn't really hear in the 70s as I was too involved in being a complete ar$£ and enjoying Queen, but now find mesmeric. However I sometimes think some of the guitar solos are a little pretentious and just go on and on for the sake of it. One thing I can confirm though is that most music since the mid 80s has been carp with the odd glimpse of brilliance that doesn't get played on popular radio.

Yes, I know I'm ignorant but I also don't give a ####.

Now I'm a bit worried because I've linked shiny leather and Queen...……………...and, oh yes, I really find Gilbert and Sullivan stuff hilarious, but really only the words, not the hideous way so many Am Ops people warble it (badly).

J. Lennon

• Like 2
  • Friendly/supportive 3

• RMweb Premium
54 minutes ago, Andrew P said:

You'll never be Comfortably Numb then mate, (although that wasn't on DSotM).

Division bell was it not? There is an album, listening to which one can get depressed should one desire. However great lyrics. 

Thanks Gilbert. Wall it was!

P

Edited by Mallard60022
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Premium
16 minutes ago, Mallard60022 said:

Division bell was it not? There is an album, listening to which one can get depressed should one desire. However great lyrics. 

P

That was a brick in the wall, that was, but another all time favourite. I have a live recording of that which usually caps off any listening session. If its isn't that, it will be Baba O'Riley

It took me a while to realise how good Division Bell is, but my brother recommended that I persevered with it, and now it is another regular. I admit that I really like those long Gilmour solos too.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

Division Bell might be the Floyd's finest work. If not, then Wish You Were Here. The story of how WYWH's cover art was made is amazing; well before digital effects they had a guy wear a flameproof suit and set him on fire. It took several takes to get the flames just right. The bloke was not amused apparently.

Curiously enough I am into a lot of the more chilled end of EDM and electronic ambient music these days. Great to do modelling to, or have on in the background when I'm reading. Very relaxing.

Edited by Martin S-C
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1

• RMweb Premium

Despite Clive's preference for playing soothing music (not) whilst playing with his train set, I have not really thought about playing stuff up The Junction. I usually listen to the radio (4) and then afterwards realise I probably haven't really listened to it at all!

Maybe I shall change my habits. Thanks for the inspiration.

P

• Like 1