Peterborough North

great northern

12 minutes ago, Oldddudders said:

We hadn’t heard of pizza then. 

I first encountered pizza in the late 1960s, an American schoolfriend (in Cambridge, his parents over on some sort of academic secondment) served it for tea. I took it to be some sort of American-style Welsh Rarebit and quite enjoyed it, although I wasn't able to explain to my mother what it consisted of. 

• Informative/Useful 1
  • Funny 5

• RMweb Premium
8 hours ago, great northern said:

It was a game of two halves, guv. . . First nine awful, second nine, really good. I have no idea what changed

Bit like my day at sunny Bradford yesterday but the other way around  Argyle all over City first half  City almost destroying any spark of life in the greens second half 

Load of carp

• RMweb Premium
On ‎16‎/‎02‎/‎2019 at 09:24, great northern said:

Yet another lovely day to come, and a change of attitude among at least a few of the nay sayers at the Club. What's not to like? Mr Titileist is going to get another bashing later.

Next train on the Up is from Harrogate. Its the shortest formation among West Riding trains, only eight cars, no catering. All MK1s, so I won't do a photo spread. The loco is KX A3 Minoru.

997064885_11621.JPG.2aa7857e71114859e6207a24c402a992.JPG

What else do I have to show you? Oh, yes , a hut.671934719_9huts.JPG.05002f1cad0f29ade3218039eccb26e7.JPG

Is that the Jabber Hut?

P

• Like 4
  • Funny 2

• RMweb Gold

Such excellent photo’s, Gilbert, as always. In the second one I’m just a little concerned by what appears, at least at first sight, to be a potential SPAD. I hope I’m wrong, and that things are maybe not quite what they appear to be.

Please keep the excellent photo’s coming.

Best regards,

Rob.

• RMweb Premium
41 minutes ago, Market65 said:

Such excellent photo’s, Gilbert, as always. In the second one I’m just a little concerned by what appears, at least at first sight, to be a potential SPAD. I hope I’m wrong, and that things are maybe not quite what they appear to be.

Please keep the excellent photo’s coming.

Best regards,

Rob.

It is one of the delights of the signalling at this end of the station, Rob. The signal on the extreme left is the Down main starter, and that is correctly off. The one that is at danger governs the bay in which the D11 is sitting. The outer home and distant for the A1 are still off scene to the north.

• Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 3