Peterborough North

great northern

• RMweb Premium
18 minutes ago, Oldddudders said:

That will be quite late tomorrow then. Emus can't fly. 

They can if you get close enough without being killed by their Foot/Talons, to jab their arse with a spear. :diablo_mini:

• Informative/Useful 1
  • Funny 3

• RMweb Premium
1 minute ago, mullie said:

Did I miss the 2-4-2, 0-4-4 and 0-4-0 loco poll?

Martyn

I felt that there weren't really enough of them to make it viable Martyn, but we can do it if people say they want them.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, great northern said:

That would be because I have forgotten to do a 2.6.2 poll.:senile: I'll do it tomorrow, when the EMUs have flown away.

I wonder how many will vote or the same 2-6-2 as me, I take it we are talking tender locos.

• Informative/Useful 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
17 minutes ago, Clive Mortimore said:

I wonder how many will vote or the same 2-6-2 as me, I take it we are talking tender locos.

On the basis of your choices so far, Clive, I think the answer is very few. I may give you a special award for the Sherman tank though.

• Funny 1

• RMweb Premium
3 hours ago, Woollydog said:

How has the best looking 2-6-2 and most beautiful locomotive ever been omitted from this poll?

I think because there’s no competition for the tender loco and for the tank loco, an example from that other railway might win and that would never do!

This is weird

I’ve  been trying out RMWeb’s ‘next unread topic’ feature and after finding some gems, it brought me here.

clearly the algorithm isn’t that smart, because I’m hardly a stranger hereabouts!

• RMweb Premium
45 minutes ago, great northern said:

On the basis of your choices so far, Clive, I think the answer is very few. I may give you a special award for the Sherman tank though.

Surely there is only one 2-6-2 tender loco worth considering

No not the V4 or the V2 but

• Like 2
  • Funny 4

• RMweb Premium

Right, now I know very little about EMUs, but I think this was won by the 309 Clacton units, by one vote from Glasgow blue trains, which I have heard of.

Today, I will formally declare the 2.6.2 poll open, for both tender and tank engines. Those who have done premature voting might like to vote again, as your previous efforts may soon be buried several pages back at the rate things are going.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Premium

For a tender loco it has to be the V2 - The V4 is quite charming, but doesn't have the powerful majesty of the larger Gresley 2-6-2.

For the 2-6-2T it has to be a GWR 45xx "Small Praire"

- With a tied 2nd place - GWR 61xx "Large Praire" and LNER V3 2-6-2T.

Regards

Chris H

Edited by Metropolitan H
spelling