Revolution Trains looking for expressions of interest for N Gauge Alcan PCA wagons

TomE

Good to see Revolution giving these a chance in N

Hoping someone interested in these, or the Revolution chaps may be able to help with a linked question.

Have these been seen operating on the West Highland behind any GBRF 66s available under the bespoke banner. My trawl of photos has drawn a blank

Rob

• RMweb Gold

I've registered for a couple of current day sets.

Somewhere down the line, I'm thinking of a current day West Highland mini layout.

Revolution GBRf Class 66

Revolution Alcan PCAs

Revolution Mk5 Sleepers

73/9 hint hint

Couple of Scotrail 156s (could do with an updated version hint hint)

And probably a charter set such as Black 5 with WCR Mk1s (Farish)

All this because I went on the Caledonian sleeper last year and was enchanted by the area.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Suffolk Rob said:

Good to see Revolution giving these a chance in N

Hoping someone interested in these, or the Revolution chaps may be able to help with a linked question.

Have these been seen operating on the West Highland behind any GBRF 66s available under the bespoke banner. My trawl of photos has drawn a blank

Rob

I believe (and my Scottish geography is patchy at best) that the Weat Highland line is one of those that requires RETB signalling equipment. If so it'll be a loco from the GBFM pool, 66733, 736, 737, 739, 740, 743 and 746. None of these match the GB model being done by Revolution at the moment, as they have the second style "bug eye" round head lights.

I believe some, if not all, the ex DRS 66/3s now with GB have RETB fittings too, certainly 66304 did when I was on it a few weeks back.

Whether there is portable kit that can be used to allow other locos to venture up there I don't know, it's not something we use round here.

Jo

Edited by Steadfast
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Registered a interest in three quad Pack's in alcan branding to run in a mixed speed link . hope there's enough interest to justify these getting produced. this is what I love about revolution.they bring (in most cases) something different to the table that's not already out there.fingers crossed for this one.😀🤞

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
14 hours ago, Stuart A said:

I've registered for a couple of current day sets.

Somewhere down the line, I'm thinking of a current day West Highland mini layout.

Hi there,

If you’re visiting Model Rail Scotland this weekend Martin Stewart’s Tulloch Bridge in 4mm is well worth seeking out for inspiration. 

cheers

Ben A.

• Like 3
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • RMweb Gold

Hi folks

Today is the deadline for expressions of interest in our Alcan PCA tanks in N.  If you're interested in us shrinking down the marvellous 4mm/OO Alcan PCAs to N then please fill in the short form on our website here: https://revolutiontrains.com/alcan-pca-alumina-tanks-in-n-2mm-expressions-of-interest/

You can see full details of the Alcan PCAs here: https://revolutiontrains.com/all-in-for-alcan-pca-tanks-in-n/

We would love to be able to produce them in N if there's enough interest!

Cheers Mike

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

I've looked at that web page but found no way to express my interest. There's a heading of white text on orange, a * followed by the word "Required" and a picture of the tanks. Nowhere to enter anything, nothing to click…

@Revolution Mike, Please accept this reply as an expression of interest.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium
3 minutes ago, D9020 Nimbus said:

I've looked at that web page but found no way to express my interest. There's a heading of white text on orange, a * followed by the word "Required" and a picture of the tanks. Nowhere to enter anything, nothing to click…

@Revolution Mike, Please accept this reply as an expression of interest.

if  scroll down on the picture there is a from to fill in underneath 

John 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1