Warley at Statfold 12th & 13th October 2024

Chris M

The hope and intention is that Warley at Statfold will be an annual event. October was the traditional time for the Warley show. The NEC bumped us back to November because of other bigger shows they had at the time.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium
3 hours ago, Phatbob said:

As much as I would love to continue to support Warley MRC through their exhibition, the chosen date this yearclashes with the unmissable Furness Model Railway Club exhibition.  So, as the "dragons" say, I'm out!

Now, the previous weekend is the former Wigan show weekend and largely free from clashes IFAIK.

As part of an exhibition team I feel I need to point that both the location and the availability of dates available are controlled by the venue, as they will have all sorts of events using there facilities.

So you can only choose the venues and dates that are made  available to you,

You try very hard not to clash with other model railway exhibitions on the same weekend wherever possible.

As this is detrimental for visitors, layouts and traders.

I can assure organising a model railway exhibition small or large is not a easy task.

Happy Modelling 

Terry 

Stafford Railway Circle 

• Like 5
  • Agree 2

On 23/02/2024 at 19:49, stan williams said:

Other events that weekend.

Hornby Magazine   Show,  Milton  Keynes,

Wakefield MRC Show.

Farnham & District MRC Show.

Cradley Heath Event.

Layouts and traders could be thin on the ground, as I presume these shows will have already booked them up.

I've heard on the grapevine that Cradley MRC may consider moving their show from that weekend to avoid a clash.

I'm not a member so don't know for sure, but I hope so as I wouldn't be able to get two Day Release Passes from the Obergruppenführer on the same weekend...!!! 😱🙄😳🤣🤣

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

I only just found this new topic from the link in the "End of Warley..." topic. To me this is a good match - and less than five miles from where I lived in the 1990s (rather more now, unfortunately)..

• 4 weeks later...

Everything is progressing well with the Warley at Statfold show. It has been rather quiet of late but that is because a lot of behind the scenes work has been going on and lots of details have had to be discussed. I can say that invitations to layouts, trade exhibitors and demonstrators will go out within the next week. Having seen some of the work done so far I have to say I am rather excited about it, but then I might be a tad biased. 😉

In the meantime I have to tell you Warley club has a new Facebook page. What was wrong with the old one? Well a couple of years ago a rather large cock up was made, not by me though. Anyway we ended up with a Facebook page that we could write to but nobody had full control over so new posters could not be added and ex-posters could not be deleted. After trying to contact Facebook we gave up and created a new Facebook page. You will find the new FB page at https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=61558041900591 . Please press follow on this page - you know you want to. I will try to keep the old and new pages updated for a while but eventually the old one will be allowed to whither and die.

• Like 4