The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Do they talk to each other?

melmerby

• RMweb Premium

I have reported E.On to TPS as I am TPS registered and also opted out of phone contact on my E.On account settings.

Lets see what happens.

• Like 1
  • Round of applause 1

• RMweb Premium
31 minutes ago, melmerby said:

So you are disagreeing with what I personally have seen?

Quite how do you manage to do that?😁

Disagreeing with this principle, NOT what you have seen. How the **** would I know what you have seen?

AFAIK all the spoofed spam calls I have seen use unissued numbers

I've seen plenty of evidence of spoofed numbers, belonging to real people/businesses. I've been at my now late mothers' place, when she got a series of about 6 calls, all from people stating that they received a missed call from her number, all within half an hour. Just as quickly it stopped, never to be repeated, presumably because they changed the number to some other poor victims.

And yes, I've worked in the phone industry for decades.

I don't understand why so many people on RMweb take personal offence, when a statement is aimed generally.

• RMweb Premium
22 hours ago, melmerby said:

I'm in Worcestershire but the exchange is part of the Birmingham director area, which goes somewhat over the border into Worcestershire.

We were an early area for FTTC, when most of outer Birmingham was done, before several areas that are now FTTH or planned to be.

On the BT checker map we are lumped with a couple of parts of south Birmingham plus parts of Warwickshire and Worcestershire (which are not part of Birmingham area), as an island of no Full Fibre, whilst other areas less populated around us are on the list.

BTW, I had another EE flyer again telling me I can have full fibre now.☹️

Airband had won Worcestershire, but the investor pulled the plug on it the day before it went public. About 160 have gone since at airband and has meant about 15 where I am. I understand the other bidder who had lost should theoretically have been passed the work, although whether they rush to do it is nother matter sadly

On 17/04/2024 at 13:30, melmerby said:

AFAIK all the spoofed spam calls I have seen use unissued numbers.

Most are legit numbers that are not actually in use. Some, usually foreign, just have a load of meaningless numbers e.g. non existent country prefixes or wrong number of digits etc.

I've had at least two "spam" calls that have "cloned" legit' personal landline numbers.

• Agree 1

• RMweb Premium
On 17/04/2024 at 19:54, Blandford1969 said:

Airband had won Worcestershire, but the investor pulled the plug on it the day before it went public.

What is puzzling me is that a few weeks ago one of Openreach's contractors laid a new cable in all the ducts around here, they were at it for several weeks covering a fairly large area (they may have done a lot more)

I can't see new copper cables being provided as the number of landlines has reduced, leaving spare pairs, so I assumed it was possibly a fibre cable.

The problem is no provider around here is admitting that fibre is on the way.

I really should've enquired as I have a BT footway box right outside my property.