Model Rail 146

dibber25

ISSUE publishes on 15 JULY

For all those of you champing (chomping?) at the bit for your Modelzone TPOs, we've a full review in the forthcoming issue, together with:

Golden Age's 'Brighton Belle'

Bachmann's big 'Percy'(Gauge 1)

Plus:

In a special, practical DIY modelling issue -

A round-up of who's doing what, and what's left to do, in RTR diesel models

East Lynn - stunning GER layout in S scale

Improving the Hornby 'Terrier' (George D)

Making Underground Ernie's shed into a realistic model (Peter M)

Win a complete layout competition.

DB Shenker Class 37

Scratchbuilt locos in 'N'

Hazlebury Yard layout - a 'OO' hump yard

George Dent's glues Supertest

Starting in scratch-building card structures - complete with 'cut out and glue' warehouse walls based on a Barnstaple prototype.(by guess who?)

Working in resin

Making room interiors (Flavio)

Milestone Models - Tri-ang Mk 1 sleeper

Masterplan - Hemerdon (Richard Foster)

Show and Tell and all the usual regulars.

CHRIS LEIGH

PS In WH Smiths HIGH STREET stores only, the mag carries a free plastic bits box.

• RMweb Gold

ISSUE publishes on 15 JULY

For all those of you champing (chomping?) at the bit for your Modelzone TPOs, we've a full review in the forthcoming issue, together with:

Golden Age's 'Brighton Belle'

Bachmann's big 'Percy'(Gauge 1)

Plus:

In a special, practical DIY modelling issue -

A round-up of who's doing what, and what's left to do, in RTR diesel models

East Lynn - stunning GER layout in S scale

Improving the Hornby 'Terrier' (George D)

Making Underground Ernie's shed into a realistic model (Peter M)

Win a complete layout competition.

DB Shenker Class 37

Scratchbuilt locos in 'N'

Hazlebury Yard layout - a 'OO' hump yard

George Dent's glues Supertest

Starting in scratch-building card structures - complete with 'cut out and glue' warehouse walls based on a Barnstaple prototype.(by guess who?)

Working in resin

Making room interiors (Flavio)

Milestone Models - Tri-ang Mk 1 sleeper

Masterplan - Hemerdon (Richard Foster)

Show and Tell and all the usual regulars.

CHRIS LEIGH

some interesting items... but tell me - how did you manage to type the phrase "what's left to do, in RTR diesel models" without the froth alarm going off? :D

Hi Chris

Looking forward to the July issue, some months back ( I can't remember the issue ) there was an advert by yourselfs and model rail Scotland, within that advert was a small piece about a layout called Auchinraith and stated that this layout would appear in a later issue, I saw this layout at Glasgow and would be really keen to see it in print, will it appear this year..?

Regards

My copy arrived today. Ben's editorial about the lack of RTR secondary/suburban stock and Mark 2d/e/f stock struck a chord with me.

East Lynn looks superb in the photos.

The pricetag for the Golden Age Brighton Belle is pretty eye-watering. Apologies if I missed it but I could not see any mention in the review regarding whether the body shape is correct. The Belle Pullmans did not have flat sides - 3052 Victoria. For Pullman livery, the headcodes should be the old stencils too. The two kitchen firsts were marshalled with the kitchens at the outer ends, ie one was the opposite way round to the other. I would not be surprised to see a Brighton Belle from Hornby in the not-too-distant future.

Another excellent issue - Model Rail is really in the driving seat at the moment. I particularly enjoyed the glues comparison review and Ben's article about scrap N gauge loads which is not specifically mentioned in Chris's article list. East Lynn looks great and Chris Nevard's pics really bring it to life. I like the buildings and the overall layout shot that gives a great impression of a well thought out and executed plan. Just a tad more N gauge in the content and better quality paper would make the mag perfect. :)

G.

Great issue of MR. I did feel a while ago that MR was just not quite as interesting to me as it had been, but the last few issues have really been very good.

Though it may be boring to some, I did think the glue super test was very good. It is an excellent reference for the future.

Enjoyed the 'Monster Scrap' DIY feature as well. Those loads really do look real!

I know a friend will be very interested in the Gould's wharf warehouse, and would expect him to be making it soon using your bits!

excelent mag again, can i make one sugestion, or plea!! the free model rail kits of old, tyre centre, wagon works, station ect were excellent, with this brick structure in this issue can we dare hope that more will follow?

Hmm, didn't get one with my subscription copy :(quote)

It's a W H Smiths ONLY promotion - and only in their High Street stores (not airports, stations etc)

CHRIS LEIGH

I got the free gift from a mag bought in a motorway service station, thats hardly high street is it :lol:

I live in North East Bristol and have been doing the rounds of my local newsagents and WHS (Downend/Staple Hill/Kingswood) since last Thurs and nobody has received MR146 yet.

Has anyone else managed to track one down in NE Bristol, if so where.

I'm not working tomorrow AM, but I'm suffering from a twisted knee and don't want to go traipsing around in vain.

Dibber25 insists that deliveries have gone out as normal, but there's none to be found round my way.

Archived