Bachmann 37/0 pre-production shots

Andy Y

Michael, Have you come across any early photos of Type 3's from 1961 (or even late 1960) on the ex. GER?

Best, Pete.

Found the one below of a plain green one at Liverpool Street (not my photos).

http://www.flickr.com/photos/duke_of_milan/5254651147/in/photostream

Must be 1962, as in the others in the phototstream, there is one with a yellow panel beyond.

• RMweb Premium

Hi, its nots to bad a model with a bit of customisation and light weathering. Wish I didn't know about the long nose it does jar a little! Must get a splitbox soon!!!

post-4133-0-93585000-1346701553_thumb.jpg

Hi,

If you're modelling the 37 with headcode wound to zeros as shown, the loco would almost certainly still have retained the frost grills that should have been in the box... :yes:

Very disappointing to see that Bachmann couldn't be bothered to sort out the ruddy great gouges in the bodyside under the cantrail grilles.

Has anyone tried fillering them in yet? Is it possible to do without extra excavation, so a complete respray isn't needed, just a patch up?

Although having read the comments about the shade of green, maybe a complete respray is in order..

Have to wait till I see one in the flesh, difficult to judge these things on a PC screen sometimes.

Archived