Creative Photography (Railway Related)

Ian J.

• RMweb Gold

phil_sutters, your collages always remind me (in a good way) of the picture postcards you used to get, with "Cleethorpes" and a collage of three or four photos of your resort in unbelievably sunny weather! 

A bit like this ebay one: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Lincolnshire-Postcard-Cleethorpes-F0-004-/301750266405

I'm sure the LT museum would sell a few of your latest one.

I often find that I can group a number of less than exciting shots into an attractive image. I am not very happy with the LT Museum, so wouldn't even consider doing business with them. I sent them a much longer and more detailed rant about our visit, but as there is no specific place for comments on their website, I sent my email to the Education Department, as I thought my grandchildren got a substandard service, and their press and media bods, as I thought that they should know that not everyone is happy with their 'product' despite the large numbers of visitors. However they have not responded.

Edited by phil_sutters

As far as I know, platform 1 at Bournemouth (the east end bay) doesn't see any scheduled services. It can JUST accommodate a 4-car Class 450 unit. However, last Wednesday the 08.50 Poole - Waterloo started from Bournemouth - presumably the unit came direct ECS from BM Depot and reversed into the bay.

post-6880-0-77566700-1459085491.jpg

444020 stands alongside, in platform 2, at the head of the 07.55 Weymouth - Waterloo, leading another Class 444 to make the usual 10-coach formation.

Edited by Peter Kazmierczak
  • Like 3

The LED banner-repeater shines brightly for the departure of a Waterloo-bound Class 444 from Poole. The red signal controls the adjoining platform, so is not giving a contradictory aspect. You can see the "green" for this train reflected in the front windows of the unit.

post-6880-0-87905600-1459104827.jpg

Edited by Peter Kazmierczak
  • Like 5

• RMweb Gold

The LED banner-repeater shines brightly for the departure of a Waterloo-bound Class 444 from Poole. The red signal controls the adjoining platform, so is not giving a contradictory aspect. You can see the "green" for this train reflected in the front windows of the unit.

attachicon.gifDSC08633.JPG

Until I included one in the thread on vanishing semaphore signals on the south coast, I hadn't realised that they were now LED operated. The one I included was at a distance, I should say in my own defence. It's interesting that these new signals mimic the actions of the old mechanical ones. That doesn't seem to have happened with other types of signal. Although I suppose there is some continuity with the red, amber and green aspects.

Is the nice old bridge still useable? 

Yep, although it tends to only see use from impatient shoppers when the barriers come down.

Regards,

Matt