Standedge Tunnel in n-gauge

philiprporter

After some years in safe storage, I have refurbished the layout and am offering it for sale again. Repairs have been made so that scenically the layout is back to 100%. 

This layout featured in Model Rail in 2019 and a short video can be found here (https://youtu.be/xDUn0Ku9REs). I am asking £400 which is obviously a lot less then it cost to build, but I would like it to be used-which I am no longer able to do. Note the important point below re. wiring. 

The layout is finished to a very high standard which I hope is evident from the photos (I can supply a PDF of the magazine article if helpful). 

The layout has a full lighting pelmet and fascia and black drapes to front and both sides. The canal overflow is watertight and can be operated if desired, but a small tank will need to be suspended under the layout to use as a water source-I used an ice cream tub on a small coffee table! 

Legs are detachable and height adjustable. Drape is secured with Velcro. 

There are 6 storage roads to the rear and fiddle yard points are manually operated and are part Peco streamline and part Peco set track. The point on the scenic side has a point motor fitted. 

I will supply with spare trees ready painted with foliage applied (for running repairs), spare ballast should it ever be needed, all screws and bolts for setting up, spare scenic items (such as the sheep I never installed!), spare backscene (never needed but had 2 done), road vehicles (1980s and modern), pump and power supply for water feature. 

Overall size is approx 102cm x 180cm. Left hand board (viewed from front) is approx 77 x 102cm, right hand board is 103 x 102cm. Construction is a mix of foam board and Styrofoam faced with ply. Very light but very strong. 

NOTE: the layout track wiring would need to be completed to get the layout fully operational. Inter board multiple connectors and droppers are present, but wiring to a control panel would be needed for exhibition use and the layout has been priced accordingly.

Would need to be collected from Shefford in Bedfordshire. The only condition of sale is that if exhibited or published in magazines, I would respectfully ask that the original builder is mentioned (which I believe is the norm for exhibition layout sales).

181116 Standedge Tunnel DSC_3778c.jpg

20230320_224832.jpg

20230319_190241.jpg

20230319_190222.jpg

20230321_090255.jpg

20230321_090053.jpg

• Like 8