Please use M,M&M only for topics that do not fit within other forum areas. All topics posted here await admin team approval to ensure they don't belong elsewhere.

Kernow Models Announcements

Andy Y

Having read the recent Kernow / Dapol announcement relating to limited editions.

I wasnt  100% clear as to where the future of the Bulleid diesel 10203 lies.........I appreciate it will be some time yet, thats not my question.

Are Kernow still progressing it with Dapol.....are Dapol doing it alone.......or is it disappearing slowly with both parties for the forseeable future.??

Thanks......Bob.

• RMweb Premium

At the time Kernow and Dapol announced some changes to their planned releases and something of a divergence of the ways Kernow left open a number of projects which were to have been placed with Dapol.  These, we were told, would be produced elsewhere.  "Elsewhere" hasn't been identified yet in some cases no doubt awaiting commercial sign-off and possibly release by Dapol of any of Kernow's intellectual property they might have held.

Edit = to remove auto "correction" which changed text to be incorrect.  Grrrr

At the time Kernow and Dapol announced some changes to their planned releases and something of a divergence of the ways Kernow left open a number of projects which were to have been placed with Dapol.  These, we were told, would be produced elsewhere.  "Elsewhere" hasn't been identified yet in some cases no doubt awaiting commercial sign-off and possibly release by Dapol of any of Kernow's intellectual property they might have held.

Edit = to remove auto "correction" which changed text to be incorrect.  Grrrr

Hi Rick

Thanks for your reply..........so its a definite, "we dont know"  then...??

That does at least make me feel a bit better....in as much as I couldnt quite get to a conclusion myself, having read the announcement.

Thanks

Bob.

• RMweb Premium

It's coming.  Kernow's listing still carries a Dapol catalogue number but so do the Thumpers which have been produced by Bachmann in the end.  

It can take a surprisingly long time to negotiate a production deal.  Until that's signed off Kernow won't be in a position to disclose who is now producing the model.

Keep abreast of developments by signing up for their newsletter or following their Facebook / Twitter feeds.

The item is listed here with no manufacturer and no timeline for production now shown.  http://www.kernowmodelrailcentre.com/product/31969/K2703_Bulleid_1CoCo1_Diesel_Locomotive_number_10203

Thanks again Rick..............I do get the newsletter, and am aware of the loco on the Kernow website, but as I dont think there has been any news or change of position on the loco for a very long time.

So I was just wondering if I had missed something......thanks for the help and info.

Pleased to hear you are confident it is coming.......my first ever sighting of a thing called a diesel, back in about 1956 as an 8 year old....at Crewe.

• 4 months later...

Just checking the Kernow site again for possible update on 10201, 10202 and 10203.

I notice that they are all described as being the same livery, i.e. Black with the same crest.

I had it in my mind that they were going to release some in green..........has something changed, or is this how it was always proposed.

I definitely wouldn't want a black one.

But no light at the end of the tunnel regarding progress as yet...???

Bob.

Just checking the Kernow site again for possible update on 10201, 10202 and 10203.

I notice that they are all described as being the same livery, i.e. Black with the same crest.

I had it in my mind that they were going to release some in green..........has something changed, or is this how it was always proposed.

On page 1 of this thread, they are all described as black with early emblem, so I assume it's always been like that.

On page 1 of this thread, they are all described as black with early emblem, so I assume it's always been like that.

Oh Dear...........didnt realise that..............right off my wish list now I'm afraid.

That does seem a pity though that they dont plan doing some in green.

Bob.

Phew..!!!!

Thanks Woodenhead and BR(S).......i thought I remember seeing it listed at some point...  Thought I was losing the plot.

I'll settle back down again now for a couple of years.......not expecting it to materialise soon.

Good idea putting a stake in the ground early. :rolleyes:

• 2 months later...

I havent been keeping up to date with developments on Bullied Diesel 10203 on the Kernow Newsletter..........has anyone got the latest info on this project that they would care to share with me please.

I know its probably far from imminent.........and thats ok with me.........I'm just curious as to its current status.

Thanks.......................Bob.

• RMweb Gold

Bob

The Bulleid diesels are still on the list of things to do but other projects that are closer to completion have taken priority at the moment.

Archived