shrink wrapped BNSF loco

PaulRhB

• RMweb Gold

Consensus of opinion seems to be that it's to test the concept for locos which are to be put into long term storage. Don't think it's a new paint job looking at the fuel tank.

This thread is typical of those on this subject.

If you read the comments below the picture, it say's it's going into long term storage

" Laid Up Bad Order, as of 8-19-10 at 0026. It's a shrink wrap test during long term storage. The unit has been cannibalized for parts, a brake grid, and they plan on harvesting the last 3 good traction motors."

Cool picutre though and a different modelling idealaugh.gif

If you read the comments below the picture, it say's it's going into long term storage

" Laid Up Bad Order, as of 8-19-10 at 0026. It's a shrink wrap test during long term storage. The unit has been cannibalized for parts, a brake grid, and they plan on harvesting the last 3 good traction motors."

Cool picutre though and a different modelling idealaugh.gif

I suppose thats what a downturn in traffic and a bad economy do for you. The SD70MACs are still a fairly

modern loco, shame to see them being stored this early on. Remind you of anywhere?

• RMweb Gold

Ah ta now I'm on the laptop I can see the comments I was just getting the picture and photographers comment on the phone.

• 2 months later...

Archived