GorillaPod

beast66606

• RMweb Gold

Some of the old timers may remember my thread from the previous rmweb

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=6420&p=677239&hilit=gorilla#p677239

Today I found a new use for the GorillaPod ..

A squirrel confuser :lol:

post-6662-081576100 1285072977_thumb.jpg

On a serious note - the GorillaPod (various available) is a really useful piece of kit.

• 8 months later...
  • RMweb Gold

Thought of the day.

What would you get if you crossed a Gorilla Pod with a squirrel.

Answers on a post card to ...............

Terry left the building.

Squigi Pod? Squod?

On a more serious note - are Gorrilla Pods robust enough to take a DSLR with a short zoom? We've just splurged on a Canon 1000d & one of these would seem to fit the bill....

• RMweb Gold

Squigi Pod? Squod? On a more serious note - are Gorrilla Pods robust enough to take a DSLR with a short zoom? We've just splurged on a Canon 1000d & one of these would seem to fit the bill....

you can buy beefier ones, but the standard ones can't handle a DSLR.

The one illustrated is a beefy one, I only use it for a light weight camcorder, so nothing substantial, not sure I'd use it in some of the same places for a DSLR though :blink:

• RMweb Gold

Do these grip as well as it appears they do?

Id hate to see my camera sat in the 4 foot or where ever it may land....

Sure do, but note my comments about the lightweight video .... on this bridge the camera is actually outside the beam, see (rough) drawing below, I wouldn't want to trust this to support a DSLR with a 15-20 foot drop onto solid ground below ...

post-6662-0-93852000-1306962226_thumb.jpg

• RMweb Gold

Ref not trusting the pod with a big drop, just secure the camera strap to something, your hand or bag, with only a tiny bit of slack so it doesn't shake the camera. If it falls it'll only drop an inch or two which hopefully won't damage any bits. You could carry a small clamp that can secure the strap to the girder somewhere else. I've got some Stanley ones like this that would be ideal as they are small enough to fit in a camera bag or pocket.

http://www.diy.com/diy/jsp/bq/nav.jsp?action=detail&fh_secondid=11247657&fh_view_size=12&fh_location=%2f%2fcatalog01%2fen_GB%2fcategories%3c%7b9372015%7d%2fcategories%3c%7b9372043%7d%2fcategories%3c%7b9372176%7d%2fcategories%3c%7b9392054%7d%2ffeaturesBrand%3dB%5cu0026Q&fh_eds=ß&fh_refview=lister&isSearch=false

Archived