RMweb

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

Cheddleton MPD at 6:15 this morning with the yard and pit lighting being put to good use as N7 69621 is prepped for the day duties which started at 8:00am with some footplate experience courses before the passenger services.

My alarm went off at 3:30am for booking on at 5:00am  :O

attachicon.gifCheddleton-1 22-09-13.jpg

attachicon.gifCheddleton-2 22-09-13.jpg

attachicon.gifCheddleton-3 22-09-13.jpg

Cracking photos Emma!

• RMweb Gold

Some regulars on here may recall that I mentioned the plan to attend the Vintage Bus Day at Kingsbridge yesterday; well, here are the threatened photos! Enjoy!

attachicon.gifBus 1.jpg

attachicon.gifbus 2.jpg

attachicon.gifbus 3.jpg

attachicon.gifbus 4.jpg

attachicon.gifbus 5.jpg

attachicon.gifbus 6.jpg

Super pics. I had a nice evening at Kingsbridge "bus station" carol singing for charity in 1982 with an open top bus. Funny how a kerb can bring back memories!

• Like 3

Morning All,

I am in the office early this morning, having taken my Girlfriend to the airport.  She is off to Bremen for the day for a meeting.

The trip to Bonn on Friday and Saturday went well.  The train journey being an added plus.  I decided to avoid Inter City, and ICE trains and stick the Regional Expresses.  It took me quite a lot longer to get there - but it was worth it to be able to read my book as we wended our way slowly through the Rhein Valley.  People seem to chat more on the Regional Trains too!

The weather looks like it is going to be quite mild today - although it hasn't really got light enough to tell properly.

Have a good day everyone...

• Like 1

Morning Folks!

Off to tackle the allotment this morning and it's foggy, and dark, and cold.......Whatever happened to summer!  

Still, plenty of spinach, beans, courgettes, sweetcorn and grapes to harvest so mustn't complain as I haven't had to buy any veg for 3 months!

• RMweb Gold

Good morning all,

Dull start again,14oC but should brighten up later. (he said hopefully rather than convincingly)

Had fun with Joe yesterday because he decided to show us his new ukukele. Showed him how to tune it & with the aid of a book got him practising some simple chords. It's interesting that although he is left handed he is playing right handed. (Like a lot of others including one eminent musician member of this forum IIRC)

I was asked to help because I've got 3 guitars & the family think that I can play them. I can't  :no: - not in the true sense of the word - I gave up several years ago when I realised that what was in my head was not reaching my fingers. (Think Eric Morecambe here)

Have a good one

Bob.

Edited by grandadbob
  • Like 2

• RMweb Premium

You wouldn't want to see me in shorts...

Edit - clicked wrong thingy.

Continue.....

Good morning all.  Cloudy - so it's just as well I don't wear shorts....

Have a good day.

Polly

PS

Shorts on me reach my ankles, anyway.

Luv Shortie.

Edited by southern42

Greetings and Salutations, for  a change.

Partly cloudy but pleasant. Not much blue sky visible but lots of high level white stuff. Currently 14C, but 17C promised for later          

and 18 forecast for tomorrow. Can Spring be in the offing.

The Hottentots Holland mountains on the horizon are still thickly snow capped from far East to far West which makes the air chilly and the wind/breeze distinctly cold.

post-182-0-18830300-1379922868.jpg

• Like 11

• RMweb Premium

Cracking the flags here folks once the fatchy pog had burnt off!

With our new velux windows in the loft I can see that Bradford is still a bit foggy!

Have a stupendous day folks.... off out then hopefully some Presflo weathering photos...

Good morning all, 

Visit with the Grandchildren went ok yesterday, treated me like I'd never been away! ....anyway knowing that the ER "team" is the font of all knowledge,  just what are these vegetables?  My  Daughter grew them on her allotment, claims the seed packet said "Courgette".  But I  (and Google) think that courgettes are long and green coloured?  The teaspoon should give an idea of size.

Not sure what the weather in these parts is up to....

Try and find something to smile at today,

Trev..

post-4282-0-68269500-1379923709.jpg

• Like 1

Misty and murky here too (and the weather!) Yesterday, the view from our house resembled the set for "The Hound of The Baskervilles" with the mist swirling in from the sea and reducing visibility to about 10 metres then retreating, leaving the view clear across to Dartmoor. Ethereal.

Hope the sun breaks through on thee and me!