The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Gold

I don't really recall Matthew ever being manipulative apart from the final plea for a dog! "Well as I'm clearly not getting a brother or sister, so can we have a dog?" Even Aditi's "no dogs" policy didn't stand up to that. 

Edited by Tony_S

Beast,

Children are brilliant.............................between the ages of 5 and 6 years old.  Both before and after that they are a struggle.

They are annoying little toads (no offence Ashers!) who quickly learn the art of manipulation and playing one parent against the other.

Fortunately, after having two I found out what caused them. So I soon put a stop  to that!

Still, even after all the angst and misery they cause, we still love them to bits.

Regards

Richard

The best time is up until they'e about 6. . . . . .watching the lights coming on

Edited by Two_sugars

Excellent school reports for both children last night. We must be doing something right; buying a house near a good school was probably one of the things I did right. :)))

Sunny but cold here. Just bought a new saw to tackle the large oak beam/sleeper. 

I'm going outside - I may be some time....

Andy 

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

Excellent school reports for both children last night. We must be doing something right; buying a house near a good school was probably one of the things I did right. :))) 

We bought Matthew a GameBoy so he could play Pokemon. 

• RMweb Gold

On the kids - I do love them both to bits, even though I've inherited them - but they still need a firm push from time to time. Jill was especially chuffed that her daughter got a commendation from the school for excellent work, as was I - and I told her so, I don't only do the bad stuff.

• Like 2

Adjourned until tomorrow....for someone to go away and think about their plans for the future..... :butcher:

....preferably in a far-distant part of the universe, and answerable to some other being!

Aah, yes! I've had my share of those.......

Edited by shortliner
  • Like 1

Just made a cuppa, a cold has me coughing and spluttering, must have been raining as I can hear the wet as cars go by.  Relieved by yesterdays hospital visit, I'd been referred after my first 'diabetic eye test'.  After the usual stinging drops and photo session, the consultant had a good look and declared them 'a good pair of eyes' and discharged me.  It was interesting that he could see scarring from a couple of episodes of brake dust being removed in the 80's.  Today will be more packing, collection of prescriptions and the chiropodist visiting.

For all you youngsters, that's what happens as you get old.  You might think you can dodge it, but it will creep up on you.

Enjoy the day.

Edited by The Bigbee Line

Good morning to you all.

I slept right through until 6:00 notwithstanding sunrise at 5:34 so I am well rested and eager to begin the day.

Talking of growing old it seems to come in downward steps with plateau intervals between steps.

My mate Bam who celebrated his 90th birthday at the end of August is a case in point.

He has been an indefatigable walker during the months I have known him

taking a long walk to the shops every morning and two shorter walks in the afternoon

until this week when he complained on ennui  and the Dr forbade him to leave the premise.

He had suddenly aged.

Best wishes to DD who faces further challenges, problems and worries the the coming days and weeks.

My thoughts are with you.

• Like 1

Good Morning one - n - all, laptop seems so far to have woken up first try this morning. Not over much to report from here so far, though this being the dry season, we had several tropical don pours yesterday... Only two "seasons" here (which is confussing!) Hot & wet or Wet & hot.!

Try your best to find something to smile at today,

Trev.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Good morning all,

Dry start & warmer at 8oC. This morning there could be sunshine & showers but not necessarily in that order.

Today I'm off to my daughter's house to help SiL start redecorating Joe's bedroom. It's only a very small room so three years ago I built him a high level bunk which now needs lowering because as he's growing so quickly he's too close to the ceiling!

My knee is aching in anticipation,

Have a good one,

Bob.

• RMweb Gold

Morning.

It was dark and damp out earlier but now seems just overcast.

I have replaced my leaky boots so I should be able venture off the footpaths again when I take Robbie for a walk.

I'm not sure what else I'll be doing today, I'm sure I'll think of something.

Tony

• RMweb Gold

what happened overnight on the site, trolls, dummys thrown big time and a rake of "girls aloud" locos,

never a dull moment, anyway off to sleep now, had a long night, 210 late off didcot but 6 early into toton, lost my sleeping time though

• Like 1