RMweb

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

Evening all,

Welcome to the biker from Fingal, you will find quite a few bike fans on here, including this sadly grounded one who has been forced to sell his proposed retirement project Honda CB77s! Joy now comes from watching all the bike racing on TV - the Sky+ box is already programmed to record the World Superbikes in Philip Island, Oz, on Sunday! As an aside, my father Jock Kerr of Read Titan fame is said to have sold the first 750 Kwacker in the UK! He also supplied one to Dick Emery. Thanks to the wonderful images posted by John (Killybegs), we know how beautiful your part of the world really is!

Wondering now whether Dick will enjoy having his big button pressed so often?

Tomorrow we are charged with taking great grandson Freddie to lunch for the second time this week, followed by a walk along the sea front (weather permitting) with Archie the Westie. Not as easy as it sounds as Freddie desperately wants to control the dog and though Westies are a relatively small breed, Archie is a well muscled specimen of almost twelve kilos, with hind legs like ostrich drumsticks! I've developed a method where I connect a short lead to the collar for the three year old, with me using the extending lead to try and control both! Joanna is terrified at the thought of the dog pulling Freddie over so I try to keep control of both. You might guess that we manage to get into a proper tangle at times, especially if Archie sees a member of public enemy number one family - the grey squirrel!!

Thanks for the comments Stewart and Gordon, I've no plan to spend the coin on the boatman anytime soon!

Weather looks bad coming in over the West Country, so batten down your hatches those of you who are lucky enough to live in that delightful part of the world. The West Briton web site has a flood alert warning tonight!

Hope Thursday sees further improvement in the numerous ailments being suffered, and wouldn't it be nice to hear from Trev?

Kind regards,

Jock.

G'night Pete! G'night late viewers!

Edited by Jock67B
  • Like 10

Fantastic link Pete, I'll check it out on the PC with a much bigger screen tomorrow, and get Google to translate for me as my 'Opera Italian' doesn't contain many railway references! Thanks for that and, once again,

G'night,

Jock.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

4 hours of committee meeting .. all about cricket..even i had enough!

Eldest Herbert was in the "i" paper from the Independent talking about doing a PhD.."Persistence, perseverance and "loopiness".. he clearly says that you need to be unhinged to do well in a PhD... so if I am a nutty ER he must get that from me....bless!

Baz

PS Goodnight night owls!

• Like 5

• RMweb Premium

I saw Dick Emery at the earls court bike show, he was contemplating a BMW at the time..... a bit tamer than a H2 but slightly more stable well a bit anyway they seemed to deposit a few of West Yorkshires finest on the floor when first introduced as police bikes. G'Night all.

• Like 4

You must have had a deprived childhood then, Pete, if you never experienced "Muffin the Mule"!

(Calm down, you lot....!)

I was more a “Hank Rides Again” guy.... because I wanted to be "Mexican Pete"......

- not many people seem to remember that compared to muffin the mule.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Francis_Coudrill

Mexican Pete makes an appearance at 5:28 - I must say I look more like him now than then.

Best, Pete.

Edited by trisonic
  • Like 7

• RMweb Gold

Good morning all,

Dry but fresh at the moment, may be some bright periods to start with but will cloud over and rain due this afternoon, possibly heavy.

Thanks for that Pete - Hank brings back memories of our first TV with a 9" or 12" circular screen. It was state of the art at the time and was a in large cabinet about 4' tall with a radio above it!

Yesterday's parcel from Hatton's turned up - 2 decoders in a box that was only large enough for only 1 Prairie tank this time. Must be on an economy drive. New loco chipped and runs like a dream.

Today I'm waiting for printer ink.........and shopping as beer etc is needed for a bit of a do we're having tomorrow night.

Have good one,

Bob.

• Like 8

• RMweb Premium

Morning all!

Late to bed then early start as eldest HerbertHerbert off to do so me lecturing and is to be given a lift to the station.

Does anyone else notice the inability of managers to manage? Given a problem they proceed to rearrange the deck chairs on the Titanic as it sinks into oblivion, staying just long enough to receive the plaudits then leaving on a speed boat? Could it be we are developing super incompetents?????

Have a great day everyone! Hope you can have a POETS day tomorrow!!

Baz

Edited as I missed a word out!!doh!!!!

Edited by Barry O
  • Like 2

Morning All,

It is another grey day in this part of the world - the temperature is currently hovering just above freezing, but there was no sign of any frost.

It looks like it is going to be another busy day here in the office, so I guess I had better get on.

At least the heating is working again!

Have a good day everyone...

• Like 10

morning all,cool here,all soundly asleep as I went,wouldant have taken much to stay in the pit  !!  hope to get to either the club or kettering show next week,1st and 2nd born permitting !! still collecting bits of mallard,all in a box,not starting that until ive got all the bits,have a good day all

• Like 8

Cooler again this morning, in fact, b****y freezing over at Fintra, where a biting wind was driving the high tide well up the beach and taking chunks out of the dunes. The very large flock of oystercatchers were not impressed either, as they couldn't find anywhere comfortable to settle down. I think the fish must also have been driven inshore as we had one of our larger trawlers fishing deep into our bay. That's a first, I hope his sonar was working and his charts were up to date!

There is a relatively narrow bridge between us and the beach. It's wide enough for two cars but there is a 'priority' system in operation to make it safer. Our local TD (MP) has been pushing for a new bridge for ages as the old one is 'strangling tourism in the area'. I have always thought this was a bit of an exaggeration as one is never held up for more than a couple of seconds. Do those seconds really make a difference? Now, two signs have appeared on red backgrounds, declaring 'Dangerous Bridge, Public meeting at ....etc.'  We have lived here for 15 years, in which time there has been one minor accident on the bridge. However, because of the positioning of the signs and the relatively small print thereon, there could well be a few accidents caused by motorists trying to read the signs as they drive past!  

Rant over, not long till POETS day.

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold

Greetings all. Sunny and some frost here.

Off to the seaside resort today. Actually I am going to Canvey Island to have a blood test.

My eye examination yesterday revealed that I have no retinal problems.

Otherwise not a lot happening today, at least for me.

Tony

• Like 3

• RMweb Premium

Morning all. Frosty but sunny, which sure is nice after all the grey we've had… Been off early to pick up a parcel and now need some coffee as I seem to have managed the previous feat asleep, or so it feels.

Do enjoy your day!

• Like 2

Morning all. Late on parade this morning as I don't have to leave until 09:30 to drive to Maidenhead and possibly an early finish as well. Bright and 5 degrees outside which makes a nice change.

Have a good day everyone

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

Morning All

Gosh, it is getting harder and harder to stay caught up with the posts on here - on average, now about 100 a day.

Firstly, generic greetings/commiserations, etc.  I too am feeling a bit crook this morning, but had to have an early start as 30747 has been called into work to cover for a sick colleague - which is a bit ironic as she is also suffering with the same bug as I am.  However, given the dreadful weather here this morning, heavy rain and blustery winds, I'll be picking her up from the front door.  Lily and I got a pretty good soaking as well. 

I've been promising myself a new coffee machine with a grinder for fresh beans, and have been pricing them up online, when all of a sudden, that well known German supermarket beginning with A has got some in this morning at about half what all the others are charging, so that's where I'm off to as soon as the traffic abates a little.

When I get back, there's also a raft of horrible donestic tasks to be done....Retirement - DOH

Regards to All

Stewart