The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Premium

Morning all from Estuary-Land. Woke up early this morning (about half an hour ago) and cant get back to sleep. Looks as if today is going to turn out fine, just as well as I'm going to the exhibition at the Canvey transport museum later.

• Like 10

Morning all!

Up nice and early for the grand prix, then we're off to a vide grenier. What joy!

Expecting 20+º today, so sitting in the garden may feature this afternoon.

Have an excellent Sunday.

• Like 13

• RMweb Gold

You should be able to put applications on the SD card on the S4 (if it's anything like the S5). Just checked mine and if you go to settings then application manager then select an application that you have installed (not one pre installed on the phone) you should be able to select move to SD card option.

Whilst I reelly like my iPad which I am using now, I much prefer Android phones that take SD cards, as all my photos and music are stored on the 64GB card. I prefer Android tablets if I so doing anything more productive such as spreadsheets. Just can't get on with the Apple versions.

A good evening last night with fellow exhibitors in the carvery pub on the edge of Chippenham then a taxi to our favourite pub, the Three Crowns in the town.

A very pleasant morning here in Wiltshire. Can hear but not quite see either freight of engineers trains on the mainline going past our accommodation.

Edited by roundhouse
  • Like 12

May I also add. So far I have been associated with 'Diplomatic Services' and 'Tourism Tasmania'. Could someone pleeeease contact www.tasgov.au so I can start to get some form of supplementary payments to my disability pension. Greatly appreciated, Tex.(spoken by Tex Allen on behalf of the Tassie Tex benevolent fund).

Edited by Tassie Tex
  • Like 10

Mornin' all,

Single figure cool, calm and mostly overcast for the constitutional....determined calorie burn throughout to start removing the many fish & chip, pizza, real ale & full English ones taken on over the last week. A great trip away but good to get back into routine, even if it is a few degrees cooler at this altitude. Not far from us the 'Cat & Fiddle PH' is the height of 3 Blackpool Towers above sea level, this gives an immediate visual reference to the difference in altitude/temperature when making a trip to sea level/the coast. A lamb explosion seems to have occurred during the last few days with many fields containing a good number of the gambolling creatures and their mothers. 3 more shrubs collected on our route home led to a trip to our local garden centre yesterday to collect some compost and bark ready for digging them into their new home. A couple of dogeared skimmia and an overgrown bridalwreath will be sacrificed to create some space.  

Now music by Sheila & B Devotion....Spacer

Feathered ones provided for

Church duties later

Enjoy what you do

Dave

Edited by Torr Giffard LSWR 1951-71
  • Like 12

• RMweb Premium

Mawnin' awl. Coffee urgently needed! At least it's sunny outside...

As mention was made of a solid state drive a few pages back, I converted my Mac Mini to one around New Year and it does make a very noticeable difference in overall responsiveness, file access and boot/shutdown speeds.

Though I'd have to add that sufficient RAM being installed definitely offers a big advantage, too. I have 8 GB in the Mini and MacBook each and outfitting the MacBook with additional memory made a big difference in particular.

Have a good one...

• Like 4

• RMweb Premium

Morning all.

Body expressing a dislike to umpiring in the cold pah! Smithy please send some heat to Leeds!

Sunny here but rain due soon.

Have a great Sunday.

Baz

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

Morning all from a cloudy village. Off to Lancaster and area today for a day out. Should be a good day out though I see it's due to rain on the way up though it's due to get better.

Jamie

• Like 6

Morning all, very wet here today.  I don't really mind as I treated the lawn with lime yesterday to try to help discourage all the moss, so it is being nicely watered in.

Just to continue with the personal photos, here is one of me on my birthday (guess which one!), last November.

post-9029-0-61590300-1428823927_thumb.jpg

• Like 16

Morning all. Warm and sunny and it looks like it will stay that way.

Desperately avoiding anything about F1 until I see the highlights. A few jobs to do today before fighting the traffic as the kids go back to school tomorrow.

It's been interesting to put faces to names through photos.

Have a good day everyone

• Like 8

• RMweb Premium

Morning All,

Sunshine again! None to warm but I'm not about to complain. I've been given instructions that "we" are off on a guided walk about edible and medicinal plants so no chance of getting to the workshop for a while.

Don't post too often on here but I lurk frequently so monitor the ups and downs of everyone. As another one with an avatar that bears no resemblance to me I'll post a pic of me at the office...

post-7010-0-49147200-1428826968.jpg

Have a good one all.

Dave

• Like 16

• RMweb Gold

Morning, wet and windy outside with the rain forecast for most of the day, chance to do more in the shed methinks.

Busy day yesterday but in all honestly forgot to post, which in one way is amusing as on Friday I completed my man mot by taking memory tests which I passed.

Results from blood/ bowel screen etc all fine though cholesterol sat on the border line, less cake and cream  swmbo informs me! :no:

As for personal photos being on a witness protection program negates me posting a personal pic for the time being!

Enjoy your day folks

Alan

• Like 4

• RMweb Premium

Mornin from a wet Dumfries. This is the view from the Station Hotel of the errrrrrr...... station.

post-408-0-72015600-1428829013_thumb.jpg

Blackburn Hawks won a bruising 4-2 yesterday to set up a final against Billingham Stars at 2pm. So we're just passing time using maccy d free wifi.

The league player and coach awards were last night and Blackburn picked up 3 of the 4 on offer.

Go Hawks

Cheers,

Mick

Edited by newbryford
  • Like 13

• RMweb Gold

Morning all,

Electrickery for beginners - a device plugged into the mains ceases to work, you should take the following action

1. Check that it is correctly plugged in,

2. Turn off at the socket and remove plug from socket,

3. Visual check of the plug to see if the fuse has blown, it might show

4. Check to see if circuit is still working - other items on it might not be working

5. Check circuit breakers/fuse box

The reality 'the kettle's not working', to which the good Doctor adds that the (ring main) power has gone off in her room.  Check circuit breakers, notice all the power side breaker switches are 'up' =  on.  S*d about in roof turning off the feed from the pv array 'just in case' as there's a whack of dc going 'somewhere'.  Return to circuit breakers and check entire board - find RCD has tripped, reset RCD, RCD won't stay in.  Turn off each power circuit one by one to see if RCD will hold - quickly isolate fault to ground floor ring main.

Have bright idea   'You have unplugged the kettle dear, haven't you?'

'No, why?'

Utter unrepeatable string of naughty allegedly Anglo-Saxon words

She unplugs kettle - RCD now holds.

(N.B. reserve kettle brought into use, tea now available)

Have a good day one & all.

• Like 8

• RMweb Gold

BoD, hope Mrs BoD has a happy birthday - have you summoned up the courage to recommend applying for a bus pass yet?

Kind regards,

Jock.

We had a great time thanks Jock.

With going away and then the meal and show last night, her Birthday in effect lasted from Wednesday until last night.  Well worth it and thoroughly enjoyed by all.

As for the bus pass she was looking forward to it but apparently it is available in Wales, NI and Scotland when one turns 60 but not until state pension age in England. 

Mrs BoD found that frustrating. Let's refrain from making comment though as I'm sure it would end up being divisive.

Morning all from the sunny sunny borough. Its still boring though.

Yesterday's attempts in concrete patio footings failed. As soon as I'd started working the heavens opened. We weren't supposed to have any rain yesterday. I blame Michael Fish. Instead I puttered about cleaning and actually doing some detail modelling.

post-2818-0-18038700-1428830386_thumb.jpg

These are a pair of Bar Mills laser etched wood baggage carts with an array of Noch flower pots. They are to represent the real thing in front of the Izaak Walton Hotel on "Essex". My first attempt with this type of kit. 17 really tiny pieces per cart but beautifully cut. Only a tiny amount of sanding required for fitting. I think the pair including painting and floral display took about 4 hours in total.

post-2818-0-10153600-1428830532_thumb.jpg

I think my flowers look in better shape than theirs. :sungum: And no, I'm not planning on adding the metal axle reinforcement straps to the carts.

Have a good one all. Off to play trains in the shed for a few hours. Tomorrow is D-Day with work as I have my HR / Manglement meeting.

• Like 13