Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Premium

Sunset in red dragon land was red to pink to purple right across the sky from front to back of the house.

Unfortunately, to get a pic it would have disappeared by the time I had a good vantage point.

That's why I like being on anchorage in our wee boat when it's like that, though even that doesn't happen very often.

Goodnight Dick

Goodnight all

• Like 8

• RMweb Gold

Had a good day with Hochstadt (sorry no umlauts) at the Romford Show with very few hiccups although a couple of times we were treated to a rear-end view of Bill disappearing under the layout to attend to a sticky Cobalt point decoder.

"Lollo" made her debut on the layout and performed impeccably. What was surprising was that of the four locos running three were my red diesels and the other was one of Bill's BR 64 tanks. Is Bill wilting?.........

What I didn't realise was how long it actually took to get from the Blackwall Tunnel to the Show at Romford - read the instructions on the club website and it doesn't seem far but....... Coming back it took ages crawling along from traffic light to traffic light to the tunnel but it was bliss when we emerged from the tunnel and were actually able to do more than 30mph. Dropped off one of the guys at Crittals Corner and the other at Borough Green before returning to the M20 and cruising down to Folkestone at a constant 70mph. Took about 2.5 hours in all.

Having left here at 6.30am this morning think its now time to hit the sack. Night everyone.

Edited by tetsudofan
  • Like 15

• RMweb Premium

shortish  game today  avoiding major rain showers (just!)  Barnsley won .. games tomorrow cancelled so I can go to Headingley and .....watch some county cricket...

Pubs.. mmh the bar in the Plough in Kenton use dto be interesting to walk into ... utter silence, glares and the odd movement for various implements of damage and destruction lining the bar ...BUT for someone who once walked over a body with a knife in his ribs coming out of the Alma in West Hartlepool  it was a case of talk to the "mate" who's round was next .. then leave the bar without looking at anybody....

Baz

• Like 7

• RMweb Premium

Evening all from Estuary-Land. Had a great day at Acton Town, spent a fair bit of money and off tomorrow to spend some more at Romford. Just as I was getting ready to leave a parcel arrived from Hong Kong, seeing as I had only ordered the item on Tuesday I wasn't expecting it to arrive until next week. The item in question was a 00 scale 'Best Choose' Toyota Hiace van in Hong Kong police livery, the detail is astounding, it even has an opening tailgate. Its due to loose its police markings and blue lights which hopefully will not be difficult.

• Like 8

• RMweb Premium

Had a good day with Hochstadt (sorry no umlauts) at the Romford Show with very few hiccups although a couple of times we were treated to a rear-end view of Bill disappearing under the layout to attend to a sticky Cobalt point decoder.

"Lollo" made her debut on the layout and performed impeccably. What was surprising was that of the four locos running three were my red diesels and the other was one of Bill's BR 64 tanks. Is Bill wilting?.........

What I didn't realise was how long it actually took to get from the Blackwall Tunnel to the Show at Romford - read the instructions on the club website and it doesn't seem far but....... Coming back it took ages crawling along from traffic light to traffic light to the tunnel but it was bliss when we emerged from the tunnel and were actually able to do more than 30mph. Dropped off one of the guys at Crittals Corner and the other at Borough Green before returning to the M20 and cruising down to Folkestone at a constant 70mph. Took about 2.5 hours in all.

Having left here at 6.30am this morning think its now time to hit the sack. Night everyone.

It would have been easier going via the Dartford tunnel/M25 rather than Blackwall then either A13 or preferably A127/A12. With the second route you might get held up a little by the traffic lights through Romford after the Gallows Corner flyover, then turn left at the 'Moby Dick' into Whalebone Lane and then left at the lights at Chadwell Heath and its about a mile on the right hand side.

I had a lovely day watching the eventing at Hambledon today, though I did have to run after a loose horse at one point (didn't get close to catching it). I am going again tomorrow so I will post some pictures after that.

I expect the horse will be miles away by then.

It would have been easier going via the Dartford tunnel/M25 rather than Blackwall then either A13 or preferably A127/A12. With the second route you might get held up a little by the traffic lights through Romford after the Gallows Corner flyover, then turn left at the 'Moby Dick' into Whalebone Lane and then left at the lights at Chadwell Heath and its about a mile on the right hand side.

Keith doesn't have, nor wishes to have, an electric account just to cross the River Thames.  Me, I used a mixture of pedal bike and train.  And I have a perfectly respectable bum - for a hooker. 

Total expenditure today was £2-70 for my paper.  Trains were covered by my Grumpy pass; there are two tomes that I wish to purchase, but no book seller at Romford.

Bill

I once worked with a Geordie who told us that she was the 1st (or only) woman to be thrown out of the Jungle pub in North Shields.  Never having been there I cannot comment about the roughness of it but Linda was a woman that you wouldn't want to meet in a dark lane, let's leave it at that.

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

Planning to model, say, the entire Southern Railway network? :jester:

Had you said GWR I would have laughed, but that Sir, is an outrageous slur on my hippotage.

No Christmas card for you this year.

Worse still is that Station Cat had to have The Stationmaster sedated when he thought I had foresaken S Wales as a railway venue.

As for the 19 km gaff...........you try driving a tablet with you toes!

Edited by Happy Hippo
  • Like 1

Morning all,

Just got in from a much needed family p*ss up - been poured out of grandsons car and the fingers are a bit too squiffy to post so I'll try to catch up in the morning

Kind regards,

Jock

G'night those up late enough to read this hic!

• Like 17

• RMweb Gold

Hic.....alloo.........g'morninggggggg,

Just back from a superb evening across the road  - lovely meal - great company - a pint or several and quite a lot of some some red grape type stuff.  Life is pretty good at the moment.

• Like 14

• RMweb Premium

Morning all. Woke up to birds twittering outside, so now sat down with a cuppa and my Sunday morning round of railway nerdy browsing… Rain predicted to begin in the afternoon, though.

Last tablet to take soon, cough not gone so back to Doctors for plan B Monday..... G'Night all

There sure are some tough bugs going 'round this season! Ask me how I know… Hope you'll be better soon, Mick.

Have a good one...

• Like 4

• RMweb Premium

The sun is shining, the birds are singing, all's well in the world!

..er hang on...no its not....where is my mug of tea???

Have a great Sunday!

Baz

PS hope any hangovers aren't too bad..

• Like 3

• RMweb Premium

Morning all from a bright and sunny village. Church this morning then I need to clear up the modelling  dining room table as certain domestic authorities have decreed that it must be used for eating from when daughter and partner come for dinner today.    Then as SWMBO still has a pot on ne arm I will be cooking said dinner.  Might get some modelling done this afternoon.

Hope that hangovers are not too severe.

Jamie

Edited by jamie92208
  • Like 8

Morning all from the soggy soggy borough. Any thoughts of bbq breakfast have been washed away. We do have an awning over the patio but the bbq sits just outside of its protective range. As SWMBO says when she wants to be polite "poop noodles".

Today I shall be doing very little apart from some shopping and perhaps a couple of ales in the Hare & Billet tonight as the nice man from Redwell Brewing in Norwich is visiting for a tap takeover.

senility edit: Forgot to wish everyone a great day.

Edited by AndrewC
  • Like 12