RMweb

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Gold

Interesting thing this 'ere Internet. I think it might catch on.

https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petition/extradite-minnesotan-walter-james-palmer-face-justice-zimbabwe

I read it, refreshed the page and it had gone up another two hundred or so.

I'm not a particularly slow reader either.

Morning all.

Edited by BoD
  • Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Good morning all,

Should be dry and mostly sunny today - hopefully.

Nice surprise from Abbie & Gemma yesterday when they declared that even though there is no longer any need for Gem to be "looked after" after school next term they still want to visit once a week.

Looks like a day of domestic stuff including shopping trip. How exciting my life has become!

Have a good one,

Bob.

• Like 12

Morning everybody.

A bit gloomy here on the Surrey Riviera. The weather, I mean.

A day of small tasks ahead, a bit of Monty and some drawing of plans for a small cupboard. Nice and relaxed. Until something happens...

Bob - that's nice. 

Coffee calls, and maybe a poached egg. Have a good day, all. Weekend soon.

• Like 15

• RMweb Gold

Morning all.

It is very pleasant here this morning. For some reason I keep thinking it is Friday. I am off to the opticians today as I wanted a new pair of reading glasses similar to my old ones. They had to order some frames in as they don't stock unfashionable frames.

Apart from that not a lot planned for today. I am starting to notice the consequences of reducing the dose of one of my medications, some good, some not so good. The not so good hopefully will be temporary.

I have just found out that today is Aditi's last day at work before starting her summer holiday leave.

Tony

• Like 2

morning all,fun already started here !! broken cars allover,good this new technology..........20 something years back when a car broke down,quick clean o the jets,regap o points and away you went.....now everything is a module,software and mega bucks.....progress....so im told....still collecting bits for a A4 that's going to be a slow job,but one im realy looking forward to,have a good day all. 

• Like 2

morning all,fun already started here !! broken cars allover,good this new technology..........20 something years back when a car broke down,quick clean o the jets,regap o points and away you went.....now everything is a module,software and mega bucks.....progress....so im told....

Don't be fooled. They tried to tell me I needed a new Bosch fuel management computer for my VW Vanagon. I eventually solved the problem by replacing a $5 thermostat (it was water-cooled). The stinking firmware went into Loo-Loo land if the engine ever cooled down after it had warmed up.

• RMweb Gold

Good morning from the sunny part of Surrey - just a few miles away from Smiffy and its quite diferent, well it was when we left home. Sunny here in London too.

Last night I put the gazebo back up after the forecast gales for last weekend whilst we were away.

Picked up a couple of parcels from our sorting office. Handy htem being open late one night a week.

One package was spares from Kato USA. Very good prices for them although the $20.00 means its worth getting a fair few at once. The furstrating thing though was as the Amtrak P42 was being dissasembled to replace the headdlight moulding, the number panel popped out and I cant find it anywhere :O

So it was back to working on the UK N scale stuff.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Morning all from a rather overcast but still bright village. The Bin lorry is doing it's stuff as I type. Beth is almost back to full normality. We managed to get to the hospital appointment yesterday but we spent a very frustrating 3 hours waiting to see the consultant because the results of the MRI scan weren't ready. Someone in Radiology was telling porkies because twice they said the notes were being typed but they couldn't give us a time when they would be finished. We finally saw a very apologetic consultant and have arranged to try again next week. All the staff we spoke to were very good and helpful but totally frustrated by the system. When I got home I rang up and registered a very strong complaint.

Anyway Beth's other hip seems to be settling down and responding to her trying to walk normally. It seems that it may have started to dislocate and strained the ligaments rather than breaking which is a bonus. Opiate painkillers are wonderful things to give her some quality of life. She has now inspected th suit that I am to wear at a wedding on Saturday to see if it passes muster. Now she's off to fat club and then the whist club this afternoon.

All that means that I'm about to pack my sandwiches and head off to the clubrooms for a day of modelling. With England having a good time at Edgbaston against the Aussies things can't get much better.

Jock I hope that your day goes well and you get the right result.

All the best to everyone else.

Jamie

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Morning all from Estuary-Land. DD do you have a thermostat fitted to your hot water tank? if not have one fitted asap. About twenty years ago a retired single lady colleague of mine who was suffering from dementia climbed into a bath of almost boiling water, it was several days before she was found (she was thought to have passed out with the shock and drowned). Weather is bright and sunny and the forecast is looking good so the garden beckons though I'm trying to resist. :jester:

Morning from a sunny West Cumbria, but with a cool wind.  Garden work beckons - hedging and lawnmowing, then possibly some wood cutting & splitting for the log supply.

Enjoy your day!

• Like 12

Morning all from Estuary-Land. DD do you have a thermostat fitted to your hot water tank? if not have one fitted asap. About twenty years ago a retired single lady colleague of mine who was suffering from dementia climbed into a bath of almost boiling water, it was several days before she was found (she was thought to have passed out with the shock and drowned). Weather is bright and sunny and the forecast is looking good so the garden beckons though I'm trying to resist. :jester:

Yes, thermostat fitted but still hot enough to scald.

MiL left the hot tap on in a bathroom basin when we went out for a while.

She is unable to climb into the bath - two knees and hip replacements.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Morning all from a rather overcast but still bright village. The Bin lorry is doing it's stuff as I type. Beth is almost back to full normality. We managed to get to the hospital appointment yesterday but we spent a very frustrating 3 hours waiting to see the consultant because the results of the MRI scan weren't ready. Someone in Radiology was telling porkies because twice they said the notes were being typed but they couldn't give us a time when they would be finished. We finally saw a very apologetic consultant and have arranged to try again next week. All the staff we spoke to were very good and helpful but totally frustrated by the system. When I got home I rang up and registered a very strong complaint.

Anyway Beth's other hip seems to be settling down and responding to her trying to walk normally. It seems that it may have started to dislocate and strained the ligaments rather than breaking which is a bonus. Opiate painkillers are wonderful things to give her some quality of life. She has now inspected th suit that I am to wear at a wedding on Saturday to see if it passes muster. Now she's off to fat club and then the whist club this afternoon.

All that means that I'm about to pack my sandwiches and head off to the clubrooms for a day of modelling. With England having a good time at Edgbaston against the Aussies things can't get much better.

Jock I hope that your day goes well and you get the right result.

All the best to everyone else.

Jamie

Its incredible the amount of wasted time that occurs in hospitals these days after spending a fair amount of time in them (not me being treated) and hearing the frurstration of those we are there to see / talking to.

Lets hope you get the results next visit.

My other halfs father has been stuck in hospital for weeks because they cant get the home help organised. Then they turn up to fit rails to the bed after measuring for them but they were the worng size, so now hes got to stay there even longer till they can come back again. My other halfs mother was in hospital beforehand after a fall and had  similar issues.

The number of times my mother has had a letter for an appointment only to make the long trip to the hospital (over 20 miles away) to find out there wasnt an appointment recorded or its now a few hours later.

Add that to the frustration our late friend had which I wont go into.

I can understand delays once in a while when theres been an big emergency and I am sure all the staff on the wards etc are doing their best and long hours.

• RMweb Premium

Yes, thermostat fitted but still hot enough to scald.

MiL left the hot tap on in a bathroom basin when we went out for a while.

She is unable to climb into the bath - two knees and hip replacements.

I would turn it down a few degrees if I was you, about 25-30 C is still hot enough for most purposes.

• Like 2

Fairly uneventful day yesterday.

Annie called and MiL managed to empty the hot water tank (we are all electric).

My daughter can do that whilst having a shower - it’s 70 gallons too.

Best, Pete.

Edited by trisonic

Or have one fitted to regulate the bath taps.

Morning all,

Well, silly season is upon us and I notice that most of the project team have absconded on what they are calling "holiday". 

So, the chances of getting a pile of paperwork out of any of them is approaching the "fat chance" stage.

I shall take the "Welcome back, now fill it in, p-lease!" approach in a couple of weeks. 

Meantime this leaves me with a small, layout-related project to undertake. As some of you may know I've started a layout in N gauge. One of the things holding me back was how to uncouple rolling stock without the "HoG" descending from on high. Mooching through the public lending library the other day I came across a book called "Making a start in N gauge" by Richard Bardsley, which brought a very simple technique to my attention. This uses a PECO product NR-103. Armed with said etchings and a magnet I'm testing this out right now.

Heavy rain recently has led to a couple of damp patches appearing on the bedroom ceiling. Investigations showed a puddle forming in the loft under a hole in the roof felt. A couple of phone calls later and I was up on the roof with a chappie who was pointing out the lack of pointing and how the flashing was peeling off. Thankfully repairs won't be that expensive.

Weather here is overcast/sunny intervals and warm. Have a nice day everyone.    

I would turn it down a few degrees if I was you, about 25-30 C is still hot enough for most purposes.

Unfortunately it's not, but thanks for the thought.

I'd fit one of these (for instance):

http://www.screwfix.com/p/pegler-prestex-tmv2-thermostatic-mixing-valve-15mm/26411

Specifically designed for the job :)

Interesting thing this 'ere Internet. I think it might catch on.

https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petition/extradite-minnesotan-walter-james-palmer-face-justice-zimbabwe

Maybe, but IMHO this:

https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/104796

Is much more important in so far as it potentially affects us all.

No more 'politics' from me, but thanks for looking. :)

• Like 7