The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

Can someone please explain why this news item is considered relevant on the BBC News site?

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-wales-34096406

Either that or give the “annoyed” bloke a computer, phone or newspaper as I knew about these museum closures in Wales and I’m God knows how many miles away..

Bemused in New York, Pete.

PS Off to bed (but my brain is in overdrive which is not usually conducive to falling asleep, even at 2:16 am) Pete.

PPS I was serious about the Longbow question in my last post so if anyone knows of a quality bow without an outrageous price tag please let men know!

Edited by trisonic
  • Like 3

Can someone please explain why this news item is considered relevant on the BBC News site?

Can't they speak English? I thought he had to drive 280 miles to shut the museum. (Surely somebody else had a key?)

• RMweb Gold

Morning all.

Quite cloudy here, I haven't looked at the forecast.

Matthew rang home. He has bought a bicycle, traditional Dutch type. He seems OK and was plannng to cook risotto for his dinner last night. One of the flatmates hasn't arrived yet but he seems quite happy to be sharing with those who have.

I am not planning to do much today.

Tony

• Like 12

Morning all.

Quite cloudy here, I haven't looked at the forecast.

Matthew rang home. He has bought a bicycle, traditional Dutch type. He seems OK and was plannng to cook risotto for his dinner last night. One of the flatmates hasn't arrived yet but he seems quite happy to be sharing with those who have.

I am not planning to do much today.

Tony

Perhaps he’ll try and ride the bike home? Please tell him that I’m not keen on Risotto.

Better yet I’ll get in touch with the BBC, I may make this evening’s news.

Best, Pete.

• Like 7

Like Pete, I spotted a few news items on the BBC website that really must be fillers for a slow news day. I guess it's never a slow news day stateside with all that gun crime. It's just one shooting after another, isn't it? Sorry, but I'll take "boring" any day.

Was that really necessary? Or did you “make it up”? I never mentioned “boring”.

There’s plenty of violence Worldwide including, God help us, the UK.

Best, Pete.

Edited by trisonic

Like Pete, I spotted a few news items on the BBC website that really must be fillers for a slow news day. I guess it's never a slow news day stateside with all that gun crime. It's just one shooting after another, isn't it? Sorry, but I'll take "boring" any day.

I've pretty much lived half my life in the UK and half in the US, but the only time I was involved in a "gun crime" was during a stick-em-up in an off-licence in Barrhead.

• RMweb Gold

Perhaps he’ll try and ride the bike home? Please tell him that I’m not keen on Risotto.

Better yet I’ll get in touch with the BBC, I may make this evening’s news.

Best, Pete.

I haven't had risotto cooked for me by Matthew but I quite like rice based meals. I don't think he will be using his bike for long distances. He didn't cycle at all when he lived in Northumberland Avenue, it was easier to walk to the LSE. There are sheep grazing on this campus. I suppose it makes a change from pigeons in London.

Tony

• Like 7

I've pretty much lived half my life in the UK and half in the US, but the only time I was involved in a "gun crime" was during a stick-em-up in an off-licence in Barrhead.

Although it was a bit like Kenneth Williams "Upstick your hands! This is a hold-all." Everyone stared at the guy in disbelief. He panicked and ran out of the shop. The gun was probably a fake.

Although it was a bit like Kenneth Williams "Upstick your hands! This is a hold-all." Everyone stared at the guy in disbelief. He panicked and ran out of the shop. The gun was probably a fake.

That's a relief, Andy. Your first post disturbed me somewhat, as you didn't make it quite clear which end of the gun you were on. :scared:

• RMweb Gold

$929 !!!!  I must be missing something.

Matthew paid 120 Euros for his bike, used not new. The one in the advert here is £339. Perhaps the website automatically adds postage to the US?

That's a relief, Andy. Your first post disturbed me somewhat, as you didn't make it quite clear which end of the gun you were on. :scared:

What do you take me for? In Barrhed, never!! (Though Nitshill might be a different.)

• RMweb Gold

Good morning all,

Not quite sure what we're doing today but breakfast has just been offered so that's a start.

Morning all.

Pleased to see Bob's wood butchery taking very nice shape. You need to bite the bullet Bob and get rid of all those green things and start buying some EMUs for your model of Sutton station and the branch to Epsom Downs and the "wall of death" round to West Sutton. That is what you're going to do, isn't it...?

:yes: :yes: :yes:

Pete, having lived near to Sutton Common for nearly 55 years the last thing I will do is model the "wall of death" as I don't think I could successfully recreate the screeching of the wheels as they go round the bend.

• Like 9

• RMweb Premium

A few jobs today.

One: Tidy up at wife's work after last night's wedding - I wonder how many discarded fag ends there are within 5 feet of the proper ciggy bin?

Two: proper work driving.

Three: Put up signs for our annual exhibition. Always "fun" doing the last one on the Hyndburn link road (50mph dual carriageway)

Four: Cut the grass

Five: Replace rear tyre on mountain bike for Monday night's trip to Gisburn Forest.

Six: Sort stock for next weekend's exhibition

Seven: - dunno yet, but no doubt Mrs NB will think of at least one.

Enjoy Sunday/Monday

Cheers,

Mick

• RMweb Premium

I have asked for our money back as it was cloudy here this morning. Sun is now shining so almost everything is good in the world.

Rhinos won, SAFC drew....

Rant on

The south of England seems to be producing most of the noise/bad manners and towel on sunbed people in our resort. Apparently, I was told last night, the people live in slums in Leeds and are all benefits cheats. The gentlemen expounding this was from Basildon...poor man! At least we have street lights and footpaths in Leeds! And he was ranting after his son had just kicked her indoors for fun so I had asked for an apology! Lummy!

Rant over!

Enjoy your Sunday

Baz

Edited by Barry O

Touchy. It's only an opinion. We all have them.

I dont think crime in Oxford, Midsummer or even Agatha Christies darkest Devon will ever equate to the continuing gun crime we hear of in the US.

Well done those Thalys passengers though. I wouldnt have known what loading a gun sounded like and these guys did.