The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

Out of idle curiosity, I googled "surrealist car", and came across a rather amusing image, which I was tempted to copy and paste here. I desisted because -

(i) I wasn't sure about its copyright status, and -

(ii) For all I know there may be a few maiden aunts amongst us.

So, for genuine art lovers only, here's a link.

http://images.linnlive.com/1e037c81da387d8e4d1c2557d0a46f2b/fa360005-39cf-421d-9f7b-217efb846bb6.jpg

The work of French Cartoonist Claude Serre.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Claude_Serre

Morning all. The sun is out, the sky is blue, there's not a cloud to spoil the view. Hopefully this is a good omen for today.

Mums recovery has had a bit of a set back but I hope that it's only a temporary one.

Have a good day everyone

• RMweb Gold

Morning.

Lovely day so far.

South Essex isn't known for wildlife attacks on parked vehicles though badgers have been responsible for a few sheds moving around on the hillier districts of Benfleet. I suspect the insurance companies avoided paying out!

Tony

• Like 3

Morning all. The sun is out, the sky is blue, there's not a cloud to spoil the view. Hopefully this is a good omen for today.

Mums recovery has had a bit of a set back but I hope that it's only a temporary one.

Have a good day everyone

Terribly sorry to hear about your mum Duncan, fingers crossed that she makes a full recovery,

Kind regards,

Jock.

On the Citroën name debate - as a one time Citroën dealer, if you knew how much it cost them to use the Picasso signature, you'd realise that any further 'masters' names are unlikely. I reckon that the staff of the Picasso foundation had their wages guaranteed for some time to come if the sums I heard mentioned were true!

Kind regards,

Jock.

• Like 3

Morning all from poolside in Glasgow! Jamie seems to be doing more walking than swimming in her lesson today so who knows what that's about...

Didn't have time to post during the week away and then immediately after getting back yesterday I had to ditch the case in the car and head to a friend's 30th celebrations.

I've not caught up on posts but I'll try to catch up when time allows.

I did spot Mal's pre-op post so I hope all is well with him. Hope everyone else is as well as can be expected!

Barcelona and the SW of France were good fun. Really enjoyed visiting Carcassonne and the climb to the 1800m ruined fortress at Montsegur.

We also stopped at a cave which during the summer months regularly floods then subsides again every few hours.

I'll have to go back to Barcelona off-season and visit the insides of Casa Batlla, Casa Mira and the paid bit of the Park Guell. I enjoyed looking round the Sagrada Familia. The nativity facade is bonkers (overdecorated) and the passion facade is almost communist-stark. The stained glass though is amazing. GF was less impressed with Sagrada Familia - too modern for her. I'm still in two minds about whether Gaudí was a genius or certifiable...

We drove back to Barcelona from Carcassonne through the Pyrenees. Andorra was disappointing - the best thing about it was the cheap petrol for the hire car! I did get the chance to dip my feet in a hot spring in Ax-les-Thermes on the climb up to the Andorra border from France.

And I got tempted by a French single car diesel passenger unit we passed. I see Jouef make them... Must try to tell myself that I don't need a Continental layout in addition to all the UK stock I have already!

• Like 11

• RMweb Premium

Good morning from Estuary-Land. Bright and sunny here this morning for a change. Getting on quite well with the new computer, managed to find most of the stuff transferred over, anything on Firefox just transferred over exactly as before including sign ins and passwords, Google however required a sign in on all my stuff and some pages that I had saved are yet to be found. Although it is a laptop it cannot really be described as portable measuring 38 X 26 cm and quite heavy. I am thinking about buying a smaller laptop second hand, the computer shop had a selection some of which are very cheap. I do have the Hudl but tablets and my sausage fingers are not compatible, I find a physical keyboard much more to my liking.

• Like 3

• RMweb Premium

Morning all.

Game finished early yesterday. Chasing 156 to win Driffield were 90-0...then the spinners took a grip ..125 all out. And, though sunny it wer reet freezin!

I won't comment on Ben Stokes but Law 43 was not invoked and the ICC match rules will be changed to stop it happening again!

Having almost caught up a point on the info re management of transport in Melbourne. Jonathan Metcalf Ex boss of GNER was (is?) Boss of Transdev who own the Veolia bus concern. He is a former colleague from my tank design days and a decent lad.

Have a good day everyone!

Me I am off to breakfast then more painting and decorating to be done.

Baz

Edited by Barry O
  • Like 13

Morning all, and a nice and sunny one it was too.

I once owned an Austin Munch

Jobs today are: 1. mow the lawns, 2. groceries, 3. more track laying. 

No priority tasking has been designated for the list so, I'm assuming it's ok to do hobbies first and if there's any time left over....

• Like 9