RMweb

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

Evening all. After an exceptionaly wet journey this morning where I could hardly see the road at times, the rest of the day went well apart from the return trip.

Dick - Now I know why my journey from work was a complete nightmare. I only live 1/2 a mile from there. How the heck did he miss those lights?

Well, definitely good to see Debs back. I'll should perhaps rephrase that.  :mail:

Anyway, just to see if she's a fleeting presence or lurking, here's some pictures of trains. 

post-4299-0-91664300-1446062366.jpg

But it looks like Barry had been there before me and done a bit of weathering....quite a lot of weathering by the look of it! 

post-4299-0-88946300-1446062405.jpg

And here's one straight out of the box....

post-4299-0-45376600-1446062510.jpg

So, without further ado, wishing all those who are due to be welded a long and happy coalescence.  Bless you both. 

• Like 11

Funeral held today for my son's friend on what would have been his 24th birthday. Church was near full, crematorium was full and so was the "do" afterwards. A real tribute to a lad who had real zest for life. In addition, the forecasted rain appeared to come through early, so we didn't get wet during the funeral. Now completely whacked!

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

I haven't posted here for a while although I've been keeping up to date. However I must send my best wishes to Ian and Sherry for their welding and for the future. Also it's great to see Debs back amongst us, hopefully returning to good health. Good wishes also to Jock, Mal and anybody else under the weather or "under the doctor".

Good night all.

Pete

• RMweb Gold

Well a browse through some earlier threads and then i think I'll be off to bed.  Hope the the welding goes well tomorrow Sherry & Ian - best of luck to you both for along & happy future together.

Depending on the weather and my mood I might well take a train trip tomorrow but worry not in the welding dept as my draft itinerary takes me in a northerly-ish direction to have a look at Oxford Parkway and the revived route to Bicester plus the new chord thereat - assuming I can stir my stumps and go.

G'night all

• Like 9

• RMweb Premium

AndyB - took a lot of ink and powder to get it to that state(!)

Hope the nuptials go well Sherry and Ian. I am certain you will enjoy married life.

Hope everyone is in good spirit and I hope you get some peaceful sleep Jock.

Baz

• Like 7

Evening all,

Thanks once again for the nice comments, and how lovely to see Debs posting (wondered if a 'doggie' pic would have her typing?). Flu jab this morning, then replaced the taps in the hand basin in the bathroom(ruined by limescale!). In bed already as I've got my oncology consultation in the morning. I shall never forget the date of Sherry and Ian's 'welding' as, all going well, our eldest grandson's partner should produce our fourth great grandchild (by Caesarean section) in the morning! We hope to visit after my appointment tomorrow.

Lurker, your post about emissions at Schipol made me think of the time, a few years ago, when Joanna and I suffered from a different kind of emissions in Amsterdam - we called in to several bars to sample the local beers and left feeling 'high' thanks to the emissions from the many cannabis cigs being smoked! I suppose that the EU smoking ban has put paid to that, unless like the French they raise two fingers to that law?

Dick, so sorry to hear about the damaged foot, all too easy as we get older. I've said it often before, but to read about one so young as Laurence being so badly impaired at that early age always upsets me. At least when I was told what ails me a couple of years ago, I'd had 66 mainly good years. That poor little fellow will never have a 'normal' life unless medical science comes up with a solution in the near future.

Ian(OD), I popped in to 'Kernow' during our last Cornish holiday, and despite not buying very much, I was very well treated by the attentive and knowledgeable staff. Really hope you feel 100% for tomorrow - perhaps a drop of the single malt medicine will help? Joanna and I would like to wish Sherry and you a memorable 'welding' day and a long and happy marriage, we will certainly be thinking of you!

Dave(TG), once more I have to admire your lovely images.

I hope Mal hasn't found too much evidence of side effects, and that all our 'poorly' members continue to mend.

I will try to look in later tomorrow,

Kind regards,

Jock.

G'night Pete! G'night all!

Edited by Jock67B
  • Like 15

• RMweb Premium

Evening all from a dark and slightly damp village.   Best wishes to the happy couple for your welding tomorrow.  I just hope that the right amount of flux is around to ensure a good and solid joint.   You couldn't have picked a better day for it as I came into the world that day some 63 years ago.   However you won't be able to do what my father did and see a Clan at Liverpool Exchange.  I've got his Trainspotting diaries and in the entry for 29-10-52, whilst my mother was in labour in Carlisle he was on a jaunt to Liverpool, probably to visit relatives and noted the aforesaid Clan at the start of his return journey.  In the margin was the laconic comment "James Born".

Hope that all sufferers continue to mend.  My car passed it's MOT and I even got the Green Ayre turntable motorised tonight but more of that on the layout thread.  I don't want to upset Debs.

Jamie

• Like 18

• RMweb Premium

Evening all.  It's a warm sunny morning in this upside-down land.  

Very busy here so little time to review pages.  However I must record great pleasure in seeing Debs back with us and wish her all the very best.  Mal, Jock and others continue to be in my thoughts.

The knee has inflamed again overnight for no apparent reason but it means the original cause is not specifically related to work as I've had three days booked off.  I've dosed up on anti-inflammatories as there's enough hours before I need to drive for their side-effects to come and go away again.

Late shifts at the Palace for three  days now followed by a six-day run of early mornings after resting on Sunday.  Next week is one of our busiest with the Spring Racing Carnival in full swing.  Major horse-chasing events on Saturday, Tuesday, Thursday and the following weekend of which Tuesday is Melbourne Cup Day - the race which (allegedly) stops a nation.  It's a public holiday and usually our busiest day of the year.

Don't worry - be happy.   :D

Edited by Gwiwer