The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Premium

Busy week scheduled. Lots of parcels to build and post, a banana and peanut butter loaf to construct, a trip to our new clubrooms to fit in together with some railway modelling ( including some for an RMWebber).

But, most importantly, tea to be drunk!

Have a good day especially you Jock!

And for our Antipodean and Far Eastern colleagues, have a nice evening.

Baz

• Like 17

Morning all!

Can I find a comfortable position in which to sleep...... No!

Anyway, minor things compared to the travails and sufferings of others.

Congrats Mr B on being a grandpa.

Best wishes all, hope that this Monday is not as bad as they sometimes can be.

Do you think I dare request a cuppa from SWMBO?

Update later :)

• RMweb Gold

A full day yesterday clearing our late friends loft, well partially clearing it. We can now think about starting to dismantle them soft layout. It's in separate lard bard the wiring will need to be cut. However we do not believe that we could salvage it for reuse plus no one has the room for it. a shame as the track work is good. The building have been removed for future use though.

It's quite scary how much we all collect which to others may look like junk or only useful to a very few. His G gauge in the garden is still largely in place aswell. I loaded all his slides into the car which just about filled the back. Some,care at home whilst the majority are at Mums for now. We cleared his boxes of enamel paints plus detailing boxes so that's helped and many of his magazines in for recycling, keeping things such as Back Track and Trains Illustrated as these may be of use.

Got back home about 6pm and managed al title bit of modelling but too tired to do much more.

This weekend we are in Cumbria for a wedding on the Saturday but I am sure that plenty of pubs will be visited both enroute and on the way back via York.

• Like 4

• RMweb Premium

Morning all from the village.   Congrats to Mike on becoming a Grandad.   We've not achieved that status yet, as the boss keeps reminding the kids and their partners, but she did become great aunt last week.  Though there are already 4 great nieces and nephews on my side of the family, this was the first on her side.

Anyway the day is starting to gather pace.  Beth has just got up and will soon be coming to tell me how she feels.  She broke a toe last night by managing to kick a chair leg, not me for once.  I helped her strap it up but only today will tell how things will go.

Anyway, church things first then Asda beckons and hopefully some modelling this afternoon.  We were meant to be clearing the back garden yesterday but the neighbour was having a tree taken down and the back garden was being showered with sawdust so I spent the afternoon writing train plans for Green Ayre.

Jock I hope that the day goes well for you, and to all others that are ailing.

Regards to all.

Jamie

Edited by jamie92208

• RMweb Gold

Good morning all,

Congratulations and welcome to the best club in the world Mike.

Another dull but dry start here but forecast is for some sunny spells and feeling warmer.

A quiet lazy day yesterday but did do a bit of tidying on the layout and watched Leicester v Saracens.

In other news our friends' daughter was in the England squad for the u17 Korfball World Cup in Holland this weekend and they won the bronze medal so very well done to them.

Today shopping for our forthcoming cruise has been put  on the agenda.  Really looking forward to that.  :whistle:  :banghead:

Have a good one,

Bob.

Edited by grandadbob
  • Like 17

On the the subject of dogs and food....

I think my doggy has a defect :(

He is sleeping at the side of me as the bacon butty, to which I referred a couple of posts earlier, duly arrives; not a murmer.

In the course of my eating said butty, I placed it within a few mm of his nose - again no reaction.

All this of course after a heavy night, ermm sleeping! :)

Edited by leopardml2341
  • Like 14

• RMweb Premium

Can I find a comfortable position in which to sleep...... No!

That goes with the territory, Andy, but it does pass.  I found that sleeping with my back raised and a pillow pushing my legs apart was about as good as it got, and it's only for about six weeks.

Morning All

Pleased that I have managed to catch up a bit, though I don't know whether I'll be able to visit every day at the mo, as the list of tasks domestic seems to grow each week. also that nobody's highlighted anything too drastic, and that some of our ailing seem to be on the mend.   Looked in the mirror this morning, and was greeted by a view of the hairy man from Borneo, so a visit to the shearing shed tomorrow morning is called for. 

As we've both have a bug at present, we had a very early night last evening, but that resulted in a quite early awakening this morning. 

Not a lot to report, so generic greetings to those ailing, celebrating, etc,,,,

Regards to All

Stewart

Edited by 45156

That goes with the territory, Andy, but it does pass.  I found that sleeping with my back raised and a pillow pushing my legs apart was about as good as it got, and it's only for about six weeks.

Last night I would have cheerfully ripped the head off anyone or anything that even so much as looked at me in the wrong way. :(

6 Weeks! Eek!

• RMweb Premium

Morning all, and first of all, congratulations on the new arrival, Mike!

Car off to MOT today. Probably going to tidy up some here and there. Food bought already. Yes, I do like some peace and quiet now and then!

Best wishes to everyone, and enjoy your day…

• Like 17

Up at a civilised hour, so good morning to all, and general good vibes to everyone.

Off this morning to see the Diabetic Consultant, so all sorts of bodily function logs printed and ready. Cough declining - Doc thinks it may be whooping cough, which I never had as a child and there's no vaccination for. Having consulted Dr Google it looks highly likely, in which case it might be another month. And I still have to have a chest x-ray, 'just in case'.

Then, full governors meeting. They are the least fun! In committees you feel as though you are doing something.

Many congrats to Grandadmike, grandchildren are wonderful, and you have the time/wisdom to really enjoy them and guide them a bit. And there's nothing wrong with grandmas! I doubt if I'll get to see Daisy and Rose much before we shoot off to France on Thursday, and I'll miss them. Well, Daisy at least. Rose is very pretty and laughs a lot but at less than a year she's no conversationalist.

So, have a good 'un, carpe diem, leave your fingerprints on the day.

• Like 3

Morning all, and it's a sunny one here. 

Mike, congratulations. Wishing the un-named former bump a long and happy life.

Talking of un-named things, I should have mentioned to Ian (RH) that one of the best pubs in the Alton area is affectionately known as the "Pub with no-name"; the sign fell down some decades ago and the lack of name stuck. Has the most amazing snug bar and range of beer. Probably a taxi ride from wherever you guys stayed for the recent exhibition, but worth it. Did I mention the sausage and mash there?  

Main job today is to do a "deep clean" of the house. If there's one thing to guarantee some brownie points with swmbo, it's a deep clean of the house.

Come to think of it I believe I'm meant to be meeting a mate for a pint later. Not that this has anything to do with accruing brownie points at all!  

• Like 18

• RMweb Gold

Morning all,

Well done grandad Mike.

Bright sunshine outside but the 'G' word has not been mentioned - yet (but I did mow the lawn yesterday along with some of the 'naturally developed grass area' so that was some points earned).  I wonder how valuable those points will be when I mention the next upcoming model railway exhibition?

Have a  good day everybody

• Like 15

• RMweb Premium

Morning all from Estuary-Land. Feeling a bit tired after the exertions of the weekend not helped by the hay fever kicking in. Still waiting for some more parcels to arrive so will have to wait in for the postman to call. Ian (Roundhouse), that predictive text can be a pain, 'soft' layout I can work out but what is it when you 'lard bard' the wiring? Commiserations to any ER's who are suffering at the moment and a collective get well soon. Bye for now, be back later.

• RMweb Premium

Congratulations to Mike and family on the new arrival.

Thanks to Ian for sparing us the details, gory or otherwise.

And on the subject of fat poets it was my sister who disported herself under that moniker (capital letters - The Fat Poet) for a number of years including two appearances at the Glastonbury Festival, two booklets self-published and with a repertoire of slightly (or sometimes very) risqué material which included a 50th birthday poem for Thomas the Tank Engine which includes the couplet "Annie and Clarabelle are locked in a fight for who'll be in the engine shed with Thomas tonight" .  Those who know Thomas know he has lately turned 70 and those two old hangers-on are all he's pulled in years.

Be good.  Even if the alternative is often quite fun!

• Like 17

• RMweb Gold

Lard bard sounds like a fat poet?

Surely you must have heard of Porky the Poet?

Googling lard bard leads to some interesting stuff about the use of hogs-lard as a sealant in very early electrical experiments. However I don't think the layout in the loft Ian (Roundhouse) was dismantling was that old.

• Like 3