RMweb

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

Essential ingredients = escalated prices.

I personally like the very clever introduction of this itsy bitsy teeny weeny very small bottles of cordial/squash. A whole bottle costs about 95p and the itsy bitsy teeny weeny very small bottle costs more.

Good marketing there!

• RMweb Gold

Though the Waitrose basic or "Essential" range that Mike mentions does contain some amusing products. Waitrose "Essential Ardennes Pate"?

I occasionally buy the 'Reduced Fat' version of that - doesn't do anything to reduce my fat but is quite palatable.

Incidentally I understand that at one time our local branch of Tesco sold more ' Tesco Value' smoked salmon than any other branch in the chain.

• RMweb Premium

We do our grocery shopping at Sainsbury's as it's on our doorstep. But we also support our small local businesses when ever possible, it's a case of use it or lose it! We never buy our meat from the supermarket, we get it from the local butcher, the prices are not that much dearer (only a few pence), but the meat is mostly locally sourced and reared, and the quality is sooooooo much better! We also get our pies and pasties from there too!

• Like 9

Mor Afternoon all. Muggy and grey day here in Coventry, though no rain atm.

The days essentials have been accomplish, namely a cuppa and a shower (not together). Need to wake up a bit more to drive Natalie back home later on.

Hope everyone is ok? if not, speedy recovery, etc.

Looking forward to the weekend and it is DEMU Showcase, always a good (if cramped) show.

• Like 10

ShenShenfield has a Co-op store. Add coffee shops, nail bars to the estate agents now. Billericay has a Waitrose, but I suspect they deliver to select addresses in Hutton Mount.

It also has Pat Holland’s old Wine Bar....................Dunno what it is called now. I remember the Coop being a non- self serve shop....

My pal John Hoyle lived next door to Jimmy Greaves on Hutton Mount, when he was playing for West Ham.

Best, Pete.

MIssed the entire weekends worth of posts, tried to keep up but the cabin area 4G service was spotty at best. Will attempt to read up later.

Congratulations and commiserations as required. Special thoughts to Dave on the birthday tomorrow and hopefully Is will be home. Good idea the bed on the main level, thinking of you both.

Not a lot to report from the weekend/yesterday (back at work). Rained Friday and Saturday, kids helped Sunday with the mowing/other work around the cabin to get the final stuff done for the season. One hiccup with the well pump, sorted with a $1.25 replacement pipe union. Had some lovely relaxing with the family.

Managed some Monday afternoon modeling (returned early Monday as Jemma was heading out on a 4-day trip in the afternoon) - getting the replacement points installed and point motors mounted.

Short week, so already the "drive into the office" day, today. Left 30 minutes earlier to avoid traffic, that worked, so relaxed here too!

Just got 60-days notice that our rental property tenants are vacating, so with the very hot entry-level housing market here (locally - not sure about the rest of the country) looks like it is probably time to sell and get some small return on the investment!

16 and sunny driving in, expecting 20 for a high, very pleasant weather right now.

Hope the short week helps everyone recover from their long weekend exploits. :senile:

Edited by Ian Abel
  • Like 14

Beautifully sunny day here today, like yesterday, with chilly breeze blowing in from the North Sea.

Walking to polis station this afternoon to hand in an air pistol under an amnesty (from next month you need to apply for a licence here in Scotland) and as I never use the thing anyway may as well.

Hope that Is is able to get home soon - the downstairs bed seems like an excellent idea and much better than being stuck upstairs in one room. Hope your birthday goes well tomorrow, Dave, and that you enjoy a drink or two in the evening.

Mal

• Like 8

• RMweb Gold

I'd better not tell you what I got

I got 100% but I did guess the "bridge" answer.

Though I suspect Aditi would say it is a Travel And Tourism test not geography.

• Like 8

• RMweb Premium

85% without living in the UK either!

One I knew and clicked the wrong box like an eejit.

Dave and Is - thinking of you a lot just now.

Another scorchio day on Fraggle Rock, touch breezy though.  TT practice is going so well almost every rider has qualified already, this is unheard of!

• Like 8

I have a question for ER's.

I'm looking at joining one of the online dating websites. As part of my profile should I include my interests in history and railway modelling?

• RMweb Gold

I have a question for ER's.

I'm looking at joining one of the online dating websites. As part of my profile should I include my interests in history and railway modelling?

Few ladies are looking for an anorak. OTOH, some may be looking for an intellectual. Accentuate the history, hold the modelling.
  • Like 1

At last my van is back on the road and it didn't cost as much as I was expecting. The advantage of using a good local garage. I suppose that I'll have to be a proper ER tomorrow and actually do some work.

When it comes to shopping, I use all 4 of the major outlets as well as some of the local ones as well. It all depends what I'm after at the time.

I managed 80% on the tourism (geography) test.

Thinking of those ailing, supporting, recovering and missing

• Like 6

I got 70% so am clearly less nerdy than some of you. Yah, boo, sucks.

90% for me but must confess to some lucky guesswork! (but a higher score than Ian's! )

To be honest I am not certain you should if you have other hobbies... Apparently second wives approve of railway modellers because they know where their man is.

And a man with interests is interesting!

• Like 10

• RMweb Gold

90% for me but must confess to some lucky guesswork! (but a higher score than Ian's! )

And a man with interests is interesting!

I married a nerd, obviously!

And I suspect it depends upon the interests.......

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold

I only got 70% as well but I dispute this because I think they've moved some places. I know for a fact that when I first moved to Sutton in 1960 it was in Surrey but apparently it's now in London.

Edited by grandadbob
  • Like 1