Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Premium

Evening all from Estuary-Land. Just polished off a Lancashire hotpot with broccoli and green beans for dinner, delicious. Extra green veg as I had to use it up and anyway we are being told 5 a day is not enough and it should be double that. As I understand it its 7 a day in Germany and some other continental countries. My Facebook is driving me mad, as I mentioned it was re-distributing my groups into sh1t order which meant it sometimes took me three times as long to read any new posts. I thought I'd sorted it but its happening again at odd times. Sometimes it will correct itself and work normally but put the groups I have already looked at back at the bottom of the list. When it is working normally wichever group you open when closed goes to the top of the list, so I keep my groups in a specific order, start at the bottom of the list so that when I close that group the next one appears at the bottom. Normally every post when closed would go to the top but lately they've been scattered throughout the list. I'm wondering if it could be a virus, I've changed my password and cleared out the history and cookies to see if that will help.

Late on Parade.

Well, it was -9C this morning and tomorrow will be -6C in the morning. Winter ain’t over until it’s over!

I’m sure glad that I’m not cutting the grass yet ........you poor bu@@ers.

All the best, lubbers, Pete.

• Like 14

Rain and high winds. Vide Grenier cancelled. Reading. listening to BB King, painting figures, drinking tea. Julie sticking stamps onto picture frames. Excellent.

Have a good day, all.

Have tried the artist Otis Rush?

I only ask because most British people have not - unless blues aficionados. He wrote some very familiar blues songs that you can find on Clapton’s various releases amongst many others. Examples include “So Many Roads” and  “Double Trouble”

Best, Pete.

Edited by trisonic
  • Like 10

I only ask because most British people have not - unless blues aficionados. He wrote some very familiar blues songs that you can find on Clapton’s various releases amongst many others. Examples include “So Many Roads” and  “Double Trouble”

Best, Pete.

Big fan.

• Like 7

Big fan of Otis Rush. Although I listen to all genres of music, the blues is definitely my favourite.

All of my tasks have been completed ready for another working week. Although an ER tomorrow I only have one survey to do but it's in the Isle of Dogs. Not a journey I'm looking forward to.

Night all

• Like 3

• RMweb Premium

The Facebook problem disappeared at 10:15 pm, everything working as normal, the same thing happened last night about the same time, strange? I'm something of a computer luddite, can anyone tell me what could cause this?

Best, Pete.

I have one of his Albums and was only playing it a couple of days ago in the Old Potting Shed.

Some great Stuff.

• Like 5

Morning all. A terrible nights sleep for some reason and now I don't feel like fighting my way to the Isle of Dogs. At least it's dry at the moment.

Time for another coffee to help me.

Have a good day everyone.

Morning All,

Hmmm - Now where did the weekend go?  It was there a moment ago...

We have a rather gloomy morning today.  Overcast with rain.

Having said that, the weekend was good - if rather short.  The trip down to Freiburg went well too.

Have a good day everyone...

• Like 6

Good morning one and all

Oh dear, I have heard of Otis Rush but am not familiar with his work.  I will see him and raise you Cyril Tawney once again:

Too soon to be out of my bed

Too soon to be back at this bus queue caper

Or fumbling for change for my picture paper

On a Monday morning

More great musicians that you may not know are 4square, described as Manchester's ferocious folk foursome who came together at the Chetham School of Music.  Their 10th anniversary EP arrived on Saturday and I'm off to the Harrison, off Grays Inn Road, on Wednesday night to get it signed - and to enjoy the gig, naturally.

Yesterday there was laundry.  Today there will be ironing, followed much later by far from celebratory bangers and mash.  There is still no answer from the surgery so I shall probably die of shock if one arrives.  It is also only just over a week since I notified the council that my recycling bin was damaged on the day of Storm Doris.  Yesterday I emptied out the rain water, replaced it with accumulated recycling and placed the lid on top.  I should prepare a cautionary placard lest the dustmen do not spot the damage.

I don't think my fingers want to do any more typing as they are making a # of what I have done so far.  So, warm thoughts to all, particularly those in distress for whatever reason.

Chris

• RMweb Premium

A very quick good morning to all. Off to take Beth for a procedure this morning. Modelling materials in car, I'm off to the clubrooms to do some work while I wait. Time to brose later.

Jamie

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

Morning awl

A very good nights sleep was had of about 6.5 hours, something to do with the whisky earlier and ibuprofen as a night cap.

My left Knee and back are not painful at the moment,

It's noticeable that the Hawthorne is beginning to flower in our area,  I also noticed as I drove down to and into London on Saturday the further south,  was the more greenery was out, with flowering trees lining some roads in London.

Our fruit trees won't be flowering for some time yet.

It seems to have rained all night and was raining when I came into work, the obstruction at the Coltishall triangle is still there, with A big pile of mud at the road junction.

One major system to keep me occupied with calibration for the next 3 days. Day off on Thursday so I can get my eyes tested (annual Diabetic related checks at the doctors surgery)

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Morning

After a relaxing weekend at the local Freemo meet up I don't want to be going to work this morning. On top of that two consequtive Southern 12 car services cancelled due to train fault or faults? Friday evening getting homemade wasn't good either.

we don't need to have industrial disputes to still have carp train service.

This coming weekend isn't so local as we have a show in Somerset.

• RMweb Gold

Morning awl

A very good nights sleep was had of about 6.5 hours, something to do with the whisky earlier and ibuprofen as a night cap.

My left Knee and back are not painful at the moment,

It's noticeable that the Hawthorne is beginning to flower in our area,  I also noticed as I drove down to and into London on Saturday the further south,  was the more greenery was out, with flowering trees lining some roads in London.

Our fruit trees won't be flowering for some time yet.

It seems to have rained all night and was raining when I came into work, the obstruction at the Coltishall triangle is still there, with A big pile of mud at the road junction.

One major system to keep me occupied with calibration for the next 3 days. Day off on Thursday so I can get my eyes tested (annual Diabetic related checks at the doctors surgery)

It seems very early for the Hawthorn. The blackthorn should be out first. You must be having a milder spring than us ours isn't too bad.

Don

• RMweb Premium

Good morning everyone

The sun is shining, typical as it's Monday, why couldn't it be like this yesterday?

Today I'm off to a very large brewery in Samlesbury to carry out a few tests on our gas plant equipment. Hopefully this won't take me too long.

Back later

• Like 14

• RMweb Premium

It seems very early for the Hawthorn. The blackthorn should be out first. You must be having a milder spring than us ours isn't too bad.

Don

I'm right near the Coast we don't freeze as much, but neither do we get as warm. It has been a very mild winter, and spring seems to be going the same way...

Meanwhile, you are entirely correct I have no idea why I typed Hawthorne  instead of Blackthorne.  Brain not in gear...

• Like 2

Good morning.

What do we think of the revival of the vinyl LP record? I find it bizarre. 

I see the Beatles LP's are being re-released as a part-work by D'Agostini. The first one (Abbey Road even though it wasn't) is a tenner, then £16 IIRC. When I was made redundant by ICI all those years ago I rushed out and spent what seemed like a large part of the money on all their LP's. I haven't played them for years, but it gives me a warm glow just having them on the shelf.

It was an absolute defining point in my life when my cousin bought Please Please me (who could afford LP's then?), brought it home and put it on Fathers Dansette which I remember had a key tied to the arm to stop it jumping. One two three four, a-one two three FOUR! Probably the one disc I would rescue from the waves.

Best wishes

Ed

• Like 17