RMweb

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Premium

What does than mean in Southern speak Baz

Craghopper ( a manufacturer of fine waterproof clothing) trousers bought for both her indoors and myself at bargain prices

Herself bought all the cherries, sultanas, angelica , raisins etc to allow her to make a Christmas cake.....

Now stay awake down there .. time you came up here to be taught the Queens' English as it is spoken by those very fortunate enough to have been born in the County Palatine of Durham..... :jester:

Baz

• Like 1

Difficult day coming tomorrow, as my dear Passepartout, embarks on his final journey........

........and taking much of 'me', with him. :cry:

I hope it can be a celebration of what you were able to give each other.

Of course, thoughts will be very much with you.

Courage mon brave!

• RMweb Premium

Difficult day coming tomorrow, as my dear Passepartout, embarks on his final journey........

........and taking much of 'me', with him. :cry:

We wish you strength, courage and fortitude on what is bound to be a challenging day. Please be assured of our thoughts and support.

This mornings job actually went better than expected so I headed up to the office allowing me a far later start tomorrow although it might end up being a very late return home as well.

Multiple cockwomble drivers were observed on my journey north west with the majority being so called professional drivers.

Debs - My thoughts will be with you tomorrow.

Time for yet another coffee.

Back later

• RMweb Gold

I have had a fairly quiet day, especially as I fell asleep on the sofa this afternoon. I managed the handover of my neighbour's crumpled Mercedes. I didn't have to sort out the hire car as they delivered it to her place of work. The parcel postman arrived but no package for me, it was a "will you take this in for a neighbour?" It gives me something to do tomorrow! Aditi suggested I should visit the barber today so I don't look scruffy when we are out together next week.

Tony

Edited by Tony_S
  • Like 5

• RMweb Premium

Early Risers

Well I had every intention of working on Max's train layout today, but things transpired against me. First thing this morning I was at the dentist having a check up with yeh hygienist, then it was home for some breakfast. As I was eating I had a call from Arcadia Models in Shaw telling me that the loco I ordered in August was in. So it was off to pick it up, but just as I was about to leave, the window cleaners turned up, so I had to go and unlock the back gate so that they could gain access to the back to do those windows and then re-lock it once they'd done and been paid. I finally set of to collect my new loco at about 11:00 o'clock. Oh, just in case you were wondering, the engine I went to pick up was the new Hornby H Class in SE&SR green and what a lovely engine it is too!

Around mid afternoon, we went to the Trafford Centre to pick up a couple of click and collect parcels and also to pick up a few other bits and pieces. We should have been going there this evening, or first thing tomorrow morning, but Sheila didn't fancy it so we went this afternoon instead. On the way home I called at the butchers to collect our weekly meat rations. So by the time we'd got back it wasn't worth doing anything down in middle earth. However, it does now give me a full day at it tomorrow instead. But, I did manage to turn the baseboards round so I can get to the bits of track I couldn't get to yesterday.

We've been recently plagued with cats pooing in the back garden. However, since erecting the new gate and fencing, 6ft tall and made from decking. It has no large gaps between each piece and anti climb strips fitted along the tops, we don't get so many cats in now.

Goodnight all.

• Like 17

Morning All,

Sitting immediately astern of a hippo doesn't seem to be a good idea. Not without splashproof clothing...

Too true... 

It is an extremely damp morning today.  A fine rain is falling, but quite heavily.

Thinking of you today, Debs.

Have a good day everyone...

• Like 10

Morning all. A wet and windy start to the day and I'm hoping that thee is a bit of improvement during the day.

I'm not sure how late I'll end up getting home.

Time for another coffee.

Have a good day everyone

• Like 3

• RMweb Premium

Morning All,

Too true... 

It is an extremely damp morning today.  A fine rain is falling, but quite heavily.

Is the line underneath related?

Good morning one and all, with special thoughts for Debs on this poignant day.

The camel will be seen in public on 24th February.  The caravan has been towed away, leaving scratch marks on the road and only 1.5 parking spaces in its wake.  I am about an hour late rising which will not help the trivial round and common task.  The electricity company sent me the self same 'how did we do' questionnaire which does cast a little doubt on its competence and performance: I may have mentioned this when replying.  Today's fodder run, whenever it takes place, should yield sandwich making materials for my trip to Tolworth tomorrow which will require a less sluggish uprising than today's.  I hope also that it will yield custard powder before the situation becomes desperate.  In response to yesterday's representations, it will not include the materials for a self-triggering high pressure steam jet cat removal system.  It won't fit in the boot for one thing.

Best wishes to all in distress and recovery

Chris 

Edited by chrisf
  • Like 13