The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

Pity Andrew, you should be in Amsterdam on 27 April, Kings-day. Orange parties all-round and no, nothing to do with a certain telco company :P

(it's a must if you want to witness "Mad "Dutchies disease", Dutch idiots partying ;) But it ain't pretty :no: )

Been there done that, someone puked on the t-shirt. You should see how bad it is at De Hem in London. Its like St Paddy's day but orange instead of green. 

We love Amsterdam but it is full of sh#tweasels most of the year. That's why we like mid week at the end of May. Before the real stag weekends start. Rotterdam on the weekends for the jazz at Fenix. Kaapse Brouwers, Stadsbrouwerij de Pelgrim, etc. 

• Like 10

• RMweb Premium

Apparently we are having a Burns night dinner this evening:

This is because I am doing the cooking!

If it were GDB saying that, we'd be calling the Fire brigade and ambulance!!!

• RMweb Gold

First catch a cat ...

The high tech version uses some water absorbing pellets in the cat litter tray. Having chased Robbie round the garden a couple of years ago with a small bowl to collect a sample I commented that at least it must be easier than catching a cat. Apparently not nowadays.

• RMweb Gold

If you are looking at places to avoid, we'll be in Rotterdam, Amsterdam, & Brussels the last week of May. (After Chelsea Flower Show of course)

Aditi has booked us onto a cruise. No flying and should be pleasant weather in the eastern Med. Aditi was very efficient, she had all the deck plans for the ship displayed on her computer while she spoke to the booking agent. We have been on the ship before so Aditi was able to know where any cabin offered was located. We will be a couple of cabins away from where we were before. Apart from Gibraltar on the return leg all the places to visit will be new to us.

Tony

• Like 17

• RMweb Premium

Ah. Fulwell.

Did anyone tell the passengers this train was being diverted? No. Even the guard, who should know full well (groan - sorry, but it is Friday ;) ) expressed surprise.

Right. Short trek home on Shanks’ Pony it is, then.

Edited by Gwiwer

Sorry to hear of your loss DD...

POETS thankfully :)

Yesterday;

i) Long Island client "pseudo-sys admin" starting to send stupid emails and copying the world - appears to be trying to impress his new boss/CIO - what a sh!tgibbon :(

ii) "New" client not responding to requests for connection details preventing me from working on their reports - apparently I'm supposed to mind-read the info. Exactly the reason our other consultant was admonished - they won't be happy when they discover I also don't have ESP!

Quiet other than that.

Today - Jemma due home, though probably won't be back until early evening at best - finishes her day around noon in Seattle.

No plans for the day after work, just relax and.... yeah, I'm not even going to SUGGEST I might get some of "that" done :jester:

Got the email from Hornby about their Lord Nelson update(s), looks really good, so I'm definitely getting one of those :senile:

5 and sunny here, expected to reach the dizzying heights of maybe 8-9!!!

Have a good start to the weekend, and POE if available ;)

• Like 15

Pity Andrew, you should be in Amsterdam on 27 April, Kings-day. Orange parties all-round and no, nothing to do with a certain telco company :P

(it's a must if you want to witness "Mad "Dutchies disease", Dutch idiots partying ;) But it ain't pretty :no: )

And I'll be 68 on that day in History, well that's the plan anyway.

Edited by Andrew P
  • Like 13

Just received this text message from Debs - reproduced here verbatim.

Hi John its RMwebDebs. Im ok back on ward again, feelig a liitle better but  not upto laptop for now, so not good on intetnet, sorry for just a txt. but wanted to say pLease dont worry.

Still can smile. Deborah.

Sigh of relief in this house. 

• Like 7

Evening all and condolences to DD. Good wishes to Debs, I sincerely hope the improvement continues - it is certainly good to hear from the lady herself. A big thanks to John for relaying the messages.

Back to work today, with the safety net of knowing I had non-contact time in the afternoon. I needed it. I can’t say that I felt great this morning. I did manage to catch up on a few jobs and the planning for next week was completed in the afternoon. By the end of the day I felt exhausted and definitely thought that I could pass out. A chocolate bar did the trick when I got home - a sugar boost obviously needed!

I am glad I made it in today. It means I will not be playing catch up at the beginning of next week. I am also now aware that the advisor dragon will be in on Monday so it may be a tricky start to the week. At least, by being in today, I have had some advance warning.

The planned night out tonight is off. My mate is also also suffering so I feel less guilty about cancelling. It has been several weeks since we last caught up. Hopefully we will have more luck next weekend. Tonight I think it will be a medicinal whisky and an early night.

Best wishes

Andy

• Like 9

• RMweb Gold

The high tech version uses some water absorbing pellets in the cat litter tray. Having chased Robbie round the garden a couple of years ago with a small bowl to collect a sample I commented that at least it must be easier than catching a cat. Apparently not nowadays.

The whole point of the pellets is that they don't absorb water hence some collects in the tray from where it can be 'harvested' - Mrs Stationmaster tells me it is a very simple process.

Just received this text message from Debs - reproduced here verbatim.

Hi John its RMwebDebs. Im ok back on ward again, feelig a liitle better but  not upto laptop for now, so not good on intetnet, sorry for just a txt. but wanted to say pLease dont worry.

Still can smile. Deborah.

Sigh of relief in this house. 

I did reply and said that she wouldn't stop us from worrying.

• Like 4

• RMweb Gold

Dinner tonight is made from things lurking in the fridge so consists of spinach, chorizo, egg and potato. I have started with some red wine just in case!

I have been round to the neighbours this afternoon helping with their email. Almost used up my entire brain trying things out but succeeded eventually.

• Like 17

• RMweb Premium

Evening all from Estuary-Land. I was out last night and when I came home I saw signs of the return of the slugs on the carpet. This time however I noticed that there was no return trail. So I lifted the pile of magazines and there was the slug hiding underneath, its now consigned to the waste bin with a good coating of salt.

There appears to be a very close correlation between Debs reaching out to us and me going to the pub. 

There also appears to be a negative correlation with my digit crossing and her health, too. 

Now, call me a homeopath if you will, but if it makes her better, I'm going back down the pub. 

So very glad that the news is improving . :) 

• Like 14

Back to work today, with the safety net of knowing I had non-contact time in the afternoon.

In your profession, I hope it is always non-contact time; I don't want to hear read about you in the daily press!! :nono: ;)

Edited by JohnDMJ